Finisterrex

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
I think it would have been easier if she was a bitchy sister who hated you and fell for your alter ego. Or loved you and not your alter ego.

Would it be possible to pursue Kate without pursuing her as Xeneg?
Up to the moment, if you don't train Gwen Stacy, I'm pretty sure it should avoid the Alters branch. Now that I think about it, I never tested that, but I'm pretty sure it's there.

• Wow
Reactions: PervySageKem

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
Sorry, my mind works weird. I'd feel kind of aroused, but then again, I have nothing against NTR in games. Me and my wife talked about opening the relationship, we did tried a few times but we didn't got horny for others, but maybe in the future, who knows. But adding a third random from time to time it's still on the table. I know this may seem weird, but me and my wife, have true love for real, we aren't together just because as a lot of couples I know.

Edit: Now, if I'm doint that, but I'm being another person (personality, and so) then yes, I'd feel bad. But if I'm being myself, I'd feel fine I guess.
Dude, if you have the Sharing Disabled option, you should have a path for Kate to not fall in Love with the Hero Persona. To many people on this thread, that is Sharing.

You say it yourself, Xeneg is the MC personality but stronger, so it's different personality. And you say that would make you feel bad.

If it makes you feel bad, why are you ruining the romance with Kate? I just can't understand how you can't see that this situation is considered Sharing or Jealousy inducing to a lot of people.

She is falling in love with someone else, she is moving on from the MC. If Sharing is Avoidable for every other character, why make this unavoidable?

Well, I have the sharing turned off, so in principle I won't even know when it can happen. For my part, if it's what you like and it exists, then better for you, since it's optional content (just like femdom and maledom), I don't see what problem there could be.

I like having the sharing option deactivated because that way I get the impression that they don't even consider it and I prefer that to having to say no every time and getting the impression that they consider it a viable option.

I guess that in general, those who don't like NTR or Sharing would prefer those options to be hidden and ineligible during their gameplay. Although I don't think it's something strictly necessary, just a preference that is more suited, I think, to their tastes, or at least that's the way that it's in my case.

Regarding the MC's relationship with his sister (and Hero - sister's alter ego), it may or may not be a problem depending on how it develops. For my part I will wait to see which way it takes before deciding if I like it or not.

I actually think that to eliminate headaches, it's best to include thoughts from the sister that help the player to consider that, even though she may not be fully aware of it at first, the sister suspects, at least in her subconscious, that the MC and the hero can be the same person.

That's the thing, the dev already confirmed she's going to be romantic with the Hero Version and not with the Normal Version, but will at some point discover that they are the same person. No need to wait and see, the dev already confirmed - she will not pursue romance with the MC because they are siblings, so she will pursue romance with Xeneg (which is a completely different persona, it doesnt matter if it's the MC).

If we follow the devs logic, that she feels weird about beign with her brother, when Xeneg reveals to be the MC, what should happen is Kate being angry the MC and then refuse to be with either of them.

This entire plot makes no sense at it's just jealousy baiting.

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
Up to the moment, if you don't train Gwen Stacy, I'm pretty sure it should avoid the Alters branch. Now that I think about it, I never tested that, but I'm pretty sure it's there.
There is Hope! Then I shall never train her, if this path exists I shall play it! The last thing I want is a Alter branch.

Thank you so much!

Reactions: KingWeWuz

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
Oh, so it's avoidable then? Then that makes me feel much better about it.

Finisterrex

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
I'll have to revisit the code when it's time to work on Genex again (I'm not working in RBL2). I'll check the Kate branch when you don't train with her to see if it works as intented.

In any case, she will eventually find her feelings about MC, and so will MC have the option to accept those feelings or end her. But, yes, until that happens, players who don't play the normal branch, at least for now, will have "low content". But yes, I'm pretty sure you can do Kate, even if you don't play the Alters story, or at least, that's the idea.

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
I'll have to revisit the code when it's time to work on Genex again (I'm not working in RBL2). I'll check the Kate branch when you don't train with her to see if it works as intented.

In any case, she will eventually find her feelings about MC, and so will MC have the option to accept those feelings or end her. But, yes, until that happens, players who don't play the normal branch, at least for now, will have "low content". But yes, I'm pretty sure you can do Kate, even if you don't play the Alters story, or at least, that's the idea.
BLESS YOU!!! I don't mind having less content, I just love to have the option to skip content I don't like!

Just for that you earned a Patreon, thank you so much for being so understanding!

Finisterrex

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
BLESS YOU!!! I don't mind having less content, I just love to have the option to skip content I don't like!

Just for that you earned a Patreon, thank you so much for being so understanding!
Thanks man, I still won't call it skip, IDK why, but when games usually say "SKIP" it's like "THe content happens, and have consequences, but you just don't see it"

I don't like that, I hate that, the game should react to the story/choices for real.

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
Thanks man, I still won't call it skip, IDK why, but when games usually say "SKIP" it's like "THe content happens, and have consequences, but you just don't see it"

I don't like that, I hate that, the game should react to the story/choices for real.
Oh, sorry! I don't mean Skip like that, I also hate that type of skip.

It's more like "Avoided". Yes, Avoided the Scenes instead of Skip!

May 26, 2020
So after reading you discussion about this KateX MC/Xeneg thing I really gotta ask something. Do any of you know the lore behind SuperMan and Lois Lanes relationship??? Cause she fell in love with SuperMan, while being bestest friends with Clark Kent.
Wouldn't that be the same as "cucking/NTR" himself like your all "discussing"? When I played this, especially with the events of 3.0 I was/am almost postive thats where Fin pulled inspiration from for their relationship.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
So after reading you discussion about this KateX MC/Xeneg thing I really gotta ask something. Do any of you know the lore behind SuperMan and Lois Lanes relationship??? Cause she fell in love with SuperMan, while being bestest friends with Clark Kent.
Wouldn't that be the same as "cucking/NTR" himself like your all "discussing"? When I played this, especially with the events of 3.0 I was/am almost postive thats where Fin pulled inspiration from for their relationship.
That is an annoyingly good point. Gonna have to think on this a bit more

KingWeWuz

Mar 8, 2019
If she loved clark kent at the same time I'd call that massive cucking, but she only saw clark as a friend, so no.

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
Yes, of course. That example in specific is actually the best to prove my point, thank you!

Because that is an even worse situation for Clark. At least the MC doesn't know about this, Clark knows.

Clark must've felt horrible. When he was in Clark mode, he was just a friend for Louis and she couldn't give less of a shit for him romantically. He couldn't be himself with the woman he loved, because she wasn't interest in his nerdy self. She only loved the Ultra Chad Superman version of himself, and she didn't care about him as a person in their everyday lives.

Because Clark knew about it, Clark knew Louis didn't care about him as a person/personality. She only cared about the Chad energy, the aw-inspiring figure of Superman. He knew that just his personality wasn't enough for Louis. His personality only allowed him to be trapped in the Friendzone, but his superpowers let him fuck her.

Clark had to be Superman, he had to be more than a man in order to be with Louis, even though he was next to her everyday, he couldn't be with her romantically because she didn't care about Clark.

That example is actually the best to prove how this is a shitty situation! Thank you so much.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I've been thinking on this a bit more, and I don't really know Superman in depth enough to argue for or against that comparison.

But, i will say what's happening in the game more reminds me of when Marry Jane does the dramatic upside down kiss with Spider-man while already dating Peter Parker. That always made me uncomfortable. Yea Peter and Spidy are the same person, but she doesn't know that yet, so she effectively kissed a random guy.

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
I'll be honest, I would've loved if this Xeneg + Kate situation was just a quick thing. Like they kiss once, during the second training session and they each decide to take off the masks and immediately find out.

If it was only that, then it would add the drama and then it would allow to develop a normal relationship.

What I don't like is that Romance is going to be entirely with masks, and only at the end they would find out when the MC notices the tattoo when they are about to fuck or something. That would make the relationship between them weaker, in my opinion.

May 26, 2020
But, i will say what's happening in the game more reminds me of when Marry Jane does the dramatic upside down kiss with Spider-man while already dating Peter Parker. That always made me uncomfortable. Yea Peter and Spidy are the same person, but she doesn't know that yet, so she effectively kissed a random guy.
Yeah this was gonna be my 2nd reference, but couldn't quite place correct train of thought to it. But it does make more sense.
Alchohol and all lol

4.40 star(s) 40 Votes