ppbeater

Mar 28, 2023
Yup. You can either skip, solo her with your brother watching, double team her or solo her while your brother gets sent off to buy stuff and she doesn't appear again, though she might in a future update depending on how you helped your brother with her.

Still trying to figure out what the requirements are for power stealing, did an Antihero run and didn't manage to get the powers of Ginger and Karma during their scenes, though i did grab Whisper's. Going to try grabbing all of them in my next playthrough.

Kind of looking forward to when Red Moon finds out MC's the reason she's been feeling weaker. Is stealing someone's powers a temporary or permanent debuff and will it have consequences in the story when they're off doing their own thing?

I've noticed some options are mentioned to give True Hero points rather than Hero points, but that category isn't mentioned in the stats window. Is this for a special ending? And will there be, say, Villain points for the Antihero side as well?
i mean i think the only requirement is sleeping with a genex, though maybe theres a limit to how many powers you can have at a time until you get stronger, not sure i havent gotten far, considering her strength in the villain war, she doesnt seem to be any weaker, & it may have been temporary, but maybe she is weaker not sure. for true hero most choices are usually not taking money or sparing people or at least not going overboard & completely killing or destroying someone weak, i assume its not mentioned because its rare & not meant to be something you get often

Finisterrex

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
Yup. You can either skip, solo her with your brother watching, double team her or solo her while your brother gets sent off to buy stuff and she doesn't appear again, though she might in a future update depending on how you helped your brother with her.

Still trying to figure out what the requirements are for power stealing, did an Antihero run and didn't manage to get the powers of Ginger and Karma during their scenes, though i did grab Whisper's. Going to try grabbing all of them in my next playthrough.

Kind of looking forward to when Red Moon finds out MC's the reason she's been feeling weaker. Is stealing someone's powers a temporary or permanent debuff and will it have consequences in the story when they're off doing their own thing?

I've noticed some options are mentioned to give True Hero points rather than Hero points, but that category isn't mentioned in the stats window. Is this for a special ending? And will there be, say, Villain points for the Antihero side as well?
Yes, Aya has 3 variants, but I couldn't think of a Hero way to "do her". Sadly.

Yes, Matt's going to be back, (I'm actually working on this, with the options to do what he wants, steal his GF or Solo both girls).

About Ginger, Karma and Whisper, yes, stealing their powers will have consequences (first one, is acquiring the girl's forever hate). But if you go romance her, you won't steal her Genex at the first encounter, but there's no telling that later. Maybe MC can politely ask for it and who knows, maybe they will give it up.

About the True Hero, yes, that's for an alternate Hero Ending, and no, there's no metter for that.

Reactions: ArhraCole

Finisterrex

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
i mean i think the only requirement is sleeping with a genex, though maybe theres a limit to how many powers you can have at a time until you get stronger, not sure i havent gotten far, considering her strength in the villain war, she doesnt seem to be any weaker, & it may have been temporary, but maybe she is weaker not sure. for true hero most choices are usually not taking money or sparing people or at least not going overboard & completely killing or destroying someone weak, i assume its not mentioned because its rare & not meant to be something you get often
She's still weak.
Thing is, and maybe I should somehow explain this in the game that:
MC is stealing something around the 40/50% of the "brute genex" so, the main user will always be stronger, and also, mc is receiving a Genex which needs to be trained and improved (leveling it up). The real bearer of the Genex has been training it for years, that's why she will always look stronger in that point. That's why Red Moon can use it better than MC.

ArhraCole

Apr 24, 2020
Yeah, as our MC learns more about and explores his ability, a bit of exposition on his ability working that way in game might be a good thing to have. Especially if he ends up talking it through with other characters somehow.

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
Yes, Aya has 3 variants, but I couldn't think of a Hero way to "do her". Sadly.

Yes, Matt's going to be back, (I'm actually working on this, with the options to do what he wants, steal his GF or Solo both girls).

About Ginger, Karma and Whisper, yes, stealing their powers will have consequences (first one, is acquiring the girl's forever hate). But if you go romance her, you won't steal her Genex at the first encounter, but there's no telling that later. Maybe MC can politely ask for it and who knows, maybe they will give it up.

About the True Hero, yes, that's for an alternate Hero Ending, and no, there's no metter for that.
Thanks. I'd have to say that if you plan to win the arena fights, then Ginger's power is absolutely essential. It is literally stat boosts when you need them the most, even if i'm doing a villain run i'd be hard pressed to pass up on that.

ppbeater

Mar 28, 2023
The game can hardlock you quite early on.

You get a fight against waves of Henchmen/women. I specialized my build in evasion and let's say it was lackluster... I savescummed as much as possible to get as many evade as luck would give me, yet I got through 3waves before getting annhilated on the 4th for a gameover screen...

You can't escape the fight, you can't reload the day or previous days to avoid the fight (it is hardcoded as it is a day based VN)

Only choice is to restart the game completely to hope that this time your build will be more viable... Quite a bummer. There is some balancing to do I believe. ^^
maybe dont build something that isnt going to be how to win fights, or just turn off fights if its somehow that hard, i went with attack because you start with just super strength, & later on you can fight the hard fights without even needing it, & even without upgrading defense they dont really hurt, unless they stunlock you, thats the only problem i have with the fight system, you currently have no way to stun lock an enemy, but you can be blinded, grappled, stunned, mind controlled, etc, & get wiped because you literally cant do anything, also whenever you get a girl 100 trust & unlock the infirmary you can have them make you medkits

ppbeater

Mar 28, 2023
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A bit out of current topic, but I have to write about gameplay. After trying different playstyles I have to write Evasion is rather useless. Even when maxed out my character was being hit rather regularly, which, when fighting multiple abominations, was not making enough difference. A slight buff to dodge chance would be great.
Defense on the other hand is quite powerful. When maxed out most enemies won't hit for more than 1 point of health. But in long fight with mutliple opponents being constantly hit over long period of turns may not be best choice.
But the Attack, oh yes, going One Punch Man, having maxed out attack is currently the most profitable and enjoyable way of fighting. Hitting for around 50% of target's health allows to quickly defeat even groups without huge health loss.

Also, with current leveling increasing all statistics by 1, it is pretty tempting to just rush and win as much as possible fights in order to level up in order to boost MC's statistic faster instead of training one single statistic.

Wind Storm is currently waaaaay too powerful. I'm just wiping out groups of three in a single Wind Storm for but a 19 energy, when I can easily regenerate 40/80 energy. Either some serious damage reduction should be in order to balance it or increased cost o it.

I also feel like, even when It is posssible to easily recover energy by resting or sleeping, It would be nice to have some kind of health and energy regeneration (like 1 point of energy each turn for every level and 0,5 point of health for each level) in order for players to fight longer

A ability to block incoming damage until your next turn would be also nice to have.
almost like evasion is never going to be a stat that makes you untouchable, that would make the combat system pointless, i went full attack because you only start with strength, & only upgraded it since wind always needs energy, even with no defense upgrades the hard enemies dont hurt when you can punch them to death without strength in a few hits, i dont have much issue with health or energy regen, just means youre using too much energy & losing too much hp fighting, the ability to block damage until the next turn is kinda pointless because its basically the skip turn but no damage, nothing really happens besides not taking damage

ppbeater

Mar 28, 2023
There's 2 things that confuse me, and maybe it's becauseI'm misremembering... but thought I'd post and ask for clarification.

Version: 0.2.52 (ie public version posted here)

1. The whole scene with "Save the women" part 2 - We obviously are smart enough the 2nd time around to get help with the situation, however what confused me is just where were Lynx, Seneko, and Erick supposed to be?

We knew of the 1 place of attack, which is where we faced off, and failed, in Part A.... and we knew from Winter than there would be a lot of attacks around the city. However Winter didn't know any locations for the attacks, and we only knew of the 1 place..

Yet we had sent Erick and Lynx/Seneko to 2 different places to fight enemies elsewhere... they were not with us when we went to save the 1 women from the 3 enemies. However the game doesn't explain why we did this, or how we knew where to send them.

Unless I completely missed this? I do not recall anything prior to the major attack that pinpointed any specific location other than the 1 we personally know of, and had been involved in previously.

This confusion is re-enforced in the aftermath when we finally talk to Erick... and he confronts us about us knowing where things were going down. Yet as far as I can recall... we'd only have "known" of 1 place specifically... and they were not there, meanwhile Winter never said any specific locations.

2. In the scene where we break down and get comforted by Kate. While I did like the scene, and think it's something the MC really needed... but what puzzles me is why would Kate assume we were out fighting the slew of fights that had just happened?

Kate doesn't know we have any Genex powers... as far as she's aware we haven't changed... we're still the "Genex without Genex" who has been training to be a sidekick, but has no powers or ability to tackle these enemies.... and no mentor or Hero that we're an actual sidekick to.

So knowing this, why would she assume we'd be out there fighting along with Hero's and others with Genex abilities?

The only connection I can make is because of Erick... But then again, Erick doesn't seem to want his ability, or that he's fighting with Hero's/Thread spread either... so would Kate even know?

I again don't recall us discussing this with Kate specifically... the only thing I can recall is us talking about training to be a sidekick.... and that's it. I don't recall any convo with Kate about us joining up with Erick to patrol the city, or fight bad guys, etc. Maybe I'm misremembering..

If I'm not, it does make the bed comforting scene with Kate somewhat confusing... where you get the emotional release you need, but with Kate making a connection between you and a big outbreak of fights that didn't seem to make sense to me.
well as far as i know you never sent them anywhere specific but since it was happening everywhere its easy to assume that being anywhere they wouldve seen enemies, & with kate you tell her you couldnt save someone, i assume she thinks its like what happened at school, they saw someone being attacked but this time they couldnt save them, but at this point in time she doesnt know you have powers, but you do so being unable to save 1 person really hurts you, especially when you have some sort of future powers

ppbeater

Mar 28, 2023
is there a guide to win all the arena fights? do you need gingers ability? i won against the 1st girl because i barely had the hp to tank her final move, fat man was impossible to beat with an unupgraded wind & no hp, & tiger man keeps dodging

Finisterrex

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
well as far as i know you never sent them anywhere specific but since it was happening everywhere its easy to assume that being anywhere they wouldve seen enemies, & with kate you tell her you couldnt save someone, i assume she thinks its like what happened at school, they saw someone being attacked but this time they couldnt save them, but at this point in time she doesnt know you have powers, but you do so being unable to save 1 person really hurts you, especially when you have some sort of future powers
Yes, it's important to remind, that even if Kate doesn't know about MC's new abilities, she does know he's a Hero, or trying to be one. So since she knew about that event (big attack in the city) she can asume something wrong happened to mc there.

is there a guide to win all the arena fights? do you need gingers ability? i won against the 1st girl because i barely had the hp to tank her final move, fat man was impossible to beat with an unupgraded wind & no hp, & tiger man keeps dodging
Hit them harder than they hit you? xD

You don't have to win all the fights at the League, you really don't need to. I know some players will always want to win them all, but for those who truly play them, and lost, you will find other rewards. As MC says... You learn more from a defeat.

Reactions: LeedMeep

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
maybe dont build something that isnt going to be how to win fights, or just turn off fights if its somehow that hard, i went with attack because you start with just super strength, & later on you can fight the hard fights without even needing it, & even without upgrading defense they dont really hurt, unless they stunlock you, thats the only problem i have with the fight system, you currently have no way to stun lock an enemy, but you can be blinded, grappled, stunned, mind controlled, etc, & get wiped because you literally cant do anything, also whenever you get a girl 100 trust & unlock the infirmary you can have them make you medkits
Actually, you do.

Under 'Physical attacks' there should be something called "Speed/Stun", it's basically a 0 cost stun attack that, if it hits, skips the opponent's turn. I know i had Foxy's power, not sure if i need more that hers for it to appear though. Anyway, as long as it hits, you don't get hit. Fat Guy and Pikachu Girl still need Wind to take care of them though, so try and get that to level 3. You should regardless of whether you want to win at League or not -- The AoE attack can come in clutch if you're, say, fighting multiple waves of several opponents :p

ppbeater

Mar 28, 2023
Yes, it's important to remind, that even if Kate doesn't know about MC's new abilities, she does know he's a Hero, or trying to be one. So since she knew about that event (big attack in the city) she can asume something wrong happened to mc there.

Hit them harder than they hit you? xD

You don't have to win all the fights at the League, you really don't need to. I know some players will always want to win them all, but for those who truly play them, and lost, you will find other rewards. As MC says... You learn more from a defeat.
ah ok just wanted to know, i wasnt going to bother trying to win if i was just gonna get pummeled, i
Actually, you do.

Under 'Physical attacks' there should be something called "Speed/Stun", it's basically a 0 cost stun attack that, if it hits, skips the opponent's turn. I know i had Foxy's power, not sure if i need more that hers for it to appear though. Anyway, as long as it hits, you don't get hit. Fat Guy and Pikachu Girl still need Wind to take care of them though, so try and get that to level 3. You should regardless of whether you want to win at League or not -- The AoE attack can come in clutch if you're, say, fighting multiple waves of several opponents :p
i meant in regular fights, ik about the arena stun, but most of the time its blocked anyways

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
i meant in regular fights, ik about the arena stun, but most of the time its blocked anyways
Yeah, the Wind attacks have a chance to stun but it's not very reliable, it's more of an added bonus when AoEing down an encounter with it. I'd say the chance is about... 10%? Still, Ginger's ability is really useful for any fight really, at 25% health you get 2x your level to hit chance (among other things) so once it popped off i had no real trouble landing those hits and they hit for more damage too.

Tastetester12

Feb 26, 2022
[
Yeah, the Wind attacks have a chance to stun but it's not very reliable, it's more of an added bonus when AoEing down an encounter with it. I'd say the chance is about... 10%? Still, Ginger's ability is really useful for any fight really, at 25% health you get 2x your level to hit chance (among other things) so once it popped off i had no real trouble landing those hits and they hit for more damage too.
Yeah, I stole Ginger's power in a playthrough just to see what is was before reloading the save and holy guacamole it's amazing. The only reason I didn't keep going was because I was worried that keeping it could lock me out of further Ginger content. But if stealing it just opens up a different route for her (one built around dominating her would be great thanks to her combat sadomasochism power would be fun) I'd definitely keep it.

Finisterrex

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
[

Yeah, I stole Ginger's power in a playthrough just to see what is was before reloading the save and holy guacamole it's amazing. The only reason I didn't keep going was because I was worried that keeping it could lock me out of further Ginger content. But if stealing it just opens up a different route for her (one built around dominating her would be great thanks to her combat sadomasochism power would be fun) I'd definitely keep it.
No, stealing her powers at day 41, would end her branch. (at least the sex/love branch)

Reactions: Tastetester12

x_man

Dec 18, 2017
bro why the game gotta end at a certian day please for love of god let us play other events as well after the ending so i can finish this jail thing and maybe catch that other runner that i killed last time moon idk something

Finisterrex

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2020
bro why the game gotta end at a certian day please for love of god let us play other events as well after the ending so i can finish this jail thing and maybe catch that other runner that i killed last time moon idk something
After the game reaches the first "end" you will be able to keep playing to watch replays and play prison content, but the progress won't update.

• Love
Reactions: x_man

Beodurr

May 20, 2022
Awesome game I loved it. its a super anime setting, the characters are lovable and the models are hot. looking forward to more. don't really know why Lynx is in the "side girl" category tho she has way more content then most of the "main girls". petition to promote Lynx to main girl!

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes