5.00 star(s) 9 Votes

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I've been seeing these macro errors on every release.

Code:
Giggle Night- Trixies Trial.html:3992 Error: macro <<NotifyChoice>> does not exist
    <<NotifyChoice "Corruption">>
I'm assuming that's stat management related to game mode that hasn't been implemented yet, but it does reflect poorly on what is otherwise excellent writing. I'm hoping it goes away when you start the actual game (chapter 4?), but your coder could have defined a stub for it in their javascript to avoid errors.
Thanks! I am unable to get it to happen for me, and no one else has reported it here or in the Bug Reports of the Discord, so I am not sure what is happening on your computer specifically. However, I am glad to hear that otherwise, you are enjoying the tale!

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I've actually gotten two error popups at the very beginning of the process of opening the file in Chromium that have always been there. It's quite possible that the Windows based browsers which probably 90% of your users have behave vastly differently, and the other 10% didn't bother to report. Doing a little digging for NotifyChoice shows it is a function defined in one of your VN's utilty scripts:

Code:
~/Downloads/GiggleNight0.0.3 $ grep NotifyChoice Scripts/*.js

Scripts/ChoiceClassManager.js:Macro=SugarCube.Macro;class ChoiceClassManager{constructor(){this._name="Choice Class Manager",this._version="0.2",moduleManager.register(this._name,this._version),this._classes={},uiManager.RegisterChoiceNotificationElements()}get version(){return this._name+" v"+this_version}clear(){this._classes={}}hasClass(a){return this.getClass(a)!==void 0}getClass(a){return this._classes[a]}addClass(a,b){return setup.stringParamVerifier(a)&&setup.stringParamVerifier(b)?this.hasClass(a)?void setup.Debugger.logWarn("ChoiceClassManager::addClass() Class already Registered: "+a):void(this._classes[a]=new ChoiceClass(a,b)):void setup.Debugger.logError("ChoiceClassManager::addClass() Invalid Call")}notify(a){return this.hasClass(a)?void uiManager.choiceNotify(a,this.getClass(a).file):void setup.Debugger.logError("ChoiceClassManager::notify() Notification Class not found: "+a)}}class ChoiceClass{constructor(a,b){return setup.stringParamVerifier(a)&&setup.stringParamVerifier(b)?void(this._name=a,this._file=b):void setup.Debugger.logError("ChoiceClass() Invalid Call")}get name(){return this._name}get file(){return this._file}}var choiceClassManager=new ChoiceClassManager;Macro.add("RegisterChoiceClass",{handler:function(){var a=this.args[0],b=this.args[1];return setup.stringParamVerifier(a)&&setup.stringParamVerifier(b)?choiceClassManager.hasClass(a)?void setup.Debugger.logError("<<RegisterChoiceClass>> Choice Class already registered: "+a):void choiceClassManager.addClass(a,b):void setup.Debugger.logError("<<RegisterChoiceClass>> Invalid Call")}}),Macro.add("NotifyChoice",{handler:function(){var a=this.args[0];return setup.stringParamVerifier(a)?choiceClassManager.hasClass(a)?void choiceClassManager.notify(a):void setup.Debugger.logError("<<NotifyChoice>> Choice Class is not registered: "+a):void setup.Debugger.logError("<<NotifyChoice>> Invalid Call")}});
Opening up the console immediately after opening your html in chromium shows this:

Code:
Giggle Night: Trixie's Trial v0.0.3 - Initializing
VM15:11 StoryFormat: SugarCube version: 2.33.2
Music/GiggleChap1.mp3:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
Music/GNFightMusicLong.mp3:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
Scripts/UIManager.js:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token .
ChoiceClassManager.js:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: uiManager is not defined
    at new ChoiceClassManager (ChoiceClassManager.js:1)
    at ChoiceClassManager.js:1
Debugging.js:1 Giggle Night: Trixie's Trial - Debugger v0.35 Loaded.
VM15:49 Giggle Night: Trixie's Trial - Loading Configuration
ImageChecker.js:1 Giggle Night: Trixie's Trial - Verifying images
ImageChecker.js:1 Giggle Night: Trixie's Trial - Images verified!
Giggle Night- Trixies Trial.html:3992 Error: macro <<RegisterChoiceClass>> does not exist
    <<RegisterChoiceClass "Good" "GlowGood.png">>
Giggle Night- Trixies Trial.html:3992 Error: macro <<RegisterChoiceClass>> does not exist
    <<RegisterChoiceClass "Corruption" "GlowCorruption.png">>
    <<RegisterChoiceClass "Infection" "GlowInfection.png">>
    <<RegisterChoiceClass "Bimbo" "GlowBimbo.png">>
    <<RegisterChoiceClass "Nergalian" "GlowNergalian.png">>
    <<RegisterChoiceClass "Ophidian" "GlowOphidian.png">>
    <<RegisterChoiceClass "Shadowed" "GlowShadowed.png">>
Music/GiggleChap1.mp3:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
Music/GNFightMusicLong.mp3:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
The first two errors are missing mp3 files that you haven't included with your download. The next error is a syntax error in your Scripts/UIManager.js file that is the real culprit for why I don't have NotifyChoice. Somewhere in that mess of a single line class definition of uiManager is a stray '.' that Chromium doesn't like. Because that class definition blew up, ChoiceClassManager.js fails to load, and that's the file that includes NotifyChoice. The next 7 errors are due to that file not loading, and those are the various flavors of using the NotifyChoice macro that you have in your content.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
I've actually gotten two error popups at the very beginning of the process of opening the file in Chromium
I only play it in Chrome, what is Chromium then and I'll try opening it in Chromium. After your previous post, I literally went to the Mega file and redownloaded it, unzipped it, and played through the whole thing without any errors at all. But, once I get this Chromium thing I'll open it in that and try again, if you'd be so kind as to link me Chromium instead of Chrome, please.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Chromium is essentially Chrome. When you get Chrome from Google, you are downloading a binary that comes directly from them. I think they may have some 3rd party plugins or extensions that come with it that may be commercially licensed.

Chromium is built from source code supplied by Google that they use to build Chrome. This is the preferred version of the browser for a number of Linux distributions that wish to avoid patent encumbered software or software that might cause a licensing dispute. I run Gentoo Linux, a distro that literally builds everything from source on my local hardware with the exception of firmware blobs needed by my graphics card and some MicroSoft Windows redistributables that I run under Wine in order to get some less well behaved Windows exes to run correctly.

I only play it in Chrome, what is Chromium then and I'll try opening it in Chromium. After your previous post, I literally went to the Mega file and redownloaded it, unzipped it, and played through the whole thing without any errors at all. But, once I get this Chromium thing I'll open it in that and try again, if you'd be so kind as to link me Chromium instead of Chrome, please.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Alright, well, that's all over my head, but it sounds like we are using the same thing. Sorry about your experience! I wish you the very best though and appreciate you trying to explain things to me.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I'm also getting the same errors when I try to run it with Firefox instead of Chromium. When you do your testing, are you running the html out of the same folder (ie Scripts) that you use to package the download? If not, maybe check the UIManger.js in your dev Scripts folder against the one in your package location.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
phupdup - I right click the zip file and select "extract here" and then I just open the HTML and play. Like this:

1628207823108.png

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Do you know where your Scripts folder came from originally? Did you get it from your coder who downloaded a framework from somewhere? I'm not getting anything helpful googling for ChoiceClassManager.js or UIManager.js

phupdup - I right click the zip file and select "extract here" and then I just open the HTML and play. Like this:

View attachment 1337901

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Shadow Code disappeared two months ago (not sure if COVID related or not), but if he ever comes back I can mention it to him. I do not know anything about programming. So, he knows about that stuff.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I hope for your sake they are still alive and do report back in. This looks like something they wrote for themselves without any thought of making it maintainable by somebody else. I threw that blob called UIManager.js into a pretty printer and got it expanded from one line to well over 100 lines of code. That allowed Chromium to narrow things down to this mess of what is essentially an if-then statement with all sorts of side effects:

Code:
(void 0 === m || !0 !== m ? .discovered) && h.addClass("hiddenDoor"), !0 === m ? .explored && m ? .canGoDown && h.addClass("upDoor"), m = c.getCell(String.fromCharCode(65 + d) + e, !0), (void 0 === m || !0 !== m ? .discovered) && i.addClass("hiddenDoor"), !0 === m ? .explored && m ? .canGoRight && i.addClass("leftDoor"), m = c.getCell(String.fromCharCode(66 + d) + (e + 1), !0), (void 0 === m || !0 !== m ? .discovered) && j.addClass("hiddenDoor"), !0 === m ? .explored && m ? .canGoUp && j.addClass("downDoor"), m = c.getCell(String.fromCharCode(65 + d) + (e + 2), !0), (void 0 === m || !0 !== m ? .discovered) && k.addClass("hiddenDoor"), !0 === m ? .explored && m ? .canGoLeft && k.addClass("rightDoor")
If this person was required to put this code through a walkthrough in front of their fellow programmers on a large scale software development project, they would immediately be shown the door. There's not a single comment in the entire folder worth of javascript code. That may be due to some "deliverable" utility that they ran to both strip out the comments and remove all formatting. This has exactly zero effect nowadays on browser performance, download bandwidth and memory footprint, but it definitely makes you a hostage to their services. If Google or M$ or web browser standards introduce any updates that break anything in there, you are done.

Shadow Code disappeared two months ago (not sure if COVID related or not), but if he ever comes back I can mention it to him. I do not know anything about programming. So, he knows about that stuff.

Reactions: The Anax

TFD

May 2, 2017
I haven't tried this game out yet, because I'm wondering: What does it mean that "gameplay doesn't start until chapter 4"? Is there no game play (as in, choices you can make leading to progress or bad ends) in the current build?

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
It means that the game mode that you played in Desideratum, is not implemented yet. And as has been mentioned on several posts so far in this thread, my programmer disappeared. So I'm not even sure if it will be in anytime soon. However, like all of my other titles over the last 10 years, you can easily access all the current available bad ends! Enjoy!

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
I finally played this! I was trying to find more games with Clowns in them, but yours is like, the only one xD Do you plan to make a Female Clown Protagonist? I think it would be super fun! Maybe she works at a carnival/traveling carnival or gets hired for birthday parties, etc. She can have a split personality or maybe Schizophrenia. I don't know, but I definitely want to play as a clown :3 Having the option to paint your face, change your outfit daily (if the person wants) in different ways. Same with the hairstyle/color and clown nose color. Gah! please make a Clown MC D:

I took some screenshots of the images not showing, I don't know why, but must of been after I took some screenshots of characters or something. I also see a sentence issue that you can fix.

Here is a sentence that doesn't make sense (to me anyways) The part where she says "but first I had to do something first" shouldn't it be "But, I had to do something first" ?

Untitled.jpg

Now this is a screenshot of the image not showing (again, could be because of me taking screenshots, but I am not sure. I did restart the game and then the image showed up, but then the image issue happened again afterwards)

Untitled1.jpg

Anyways, I love the game, especially the Clown designs :3 they are super cute! I love them! I want to give every giggle member a biiiig huggy! Thank you for being a lover of Clowns, just as I. Do you ever plan on making an VN Ren'PY version? or maybe someone can make a Ren'PY port? would be so much better without it needing a browser and stuffs. If not, that's okay, I just wanted to ask and see. We need more Clown games, especially for Ren'Py :(

Oh, where did you get the Clown music? because I am in love with it xD especially when the game first starts and we see your logo, that theme sounds good ^-^

This was my favorite part :D

TrixStory58BC2.png

Last edited:

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Lumie Lecter - Thank you, I can see you are just full of ideas and passion! I am unsure how familiar you are with everything that I have made the last decade, but I only do corruptive horror projects and so, I am sorry to say that I shan't be making a "clown simulator" type of game, no. Thank you for reporting the typo, I'll double check that it is fixed on the next release. As far as Renpy goes, I will not take it off the table entirely, but it is unlikely that my VNs will be made using it for numerous reasons that I have discussed with fans over the years, but I'll make it quick for you:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks again for the feedback! I am always in my Discord with my fans and I show off a lot of stuff in Spoilers before it ever gets into the games, so you may want to join and hang out. Either way, glad to make a new fan!

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
I am unsure how familiar you are with everything that I have made the last decade

Thanks again for the feedback!
You are so so welcome! You are a mad genius! I love your mind and your creativeness :3 and omg! you composed the Giggler theme? wowey! :D yesh, genius indeedy. I can understand now why you won't do a Ren'PY version :( so it's okay, thank you so much for the info on that ^^ You are very welcome and If I spot any more typos, I'll gladly let you know.

Actually, this was the very first game I tried of yours (looking at your Giggle Night sig and the screenshots of this game drew me in like a moth to the flame) I don't really play HTML games, but for your game, I will :) especially if that's the only way I can play it xD Speaking of, can you post your Giggle Night sig in the OP? that way, if we want to add it to our signature (to let everyone know about the game we are playing or loving) they can see it.

I definitely can't wait for the game modes. How do they play? like, what kind of style is it? is it just making a choice between the actions? I don't know since I never really played any of your previous titles. I'm sorry to hear about your programmer :( sucks you can't get in touch with them. I hope they get back to you soon...

Reactions: AlexDark1027

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Thanks! The signatures are posted on the OP already under Sigs. If you want to see how game mode's version 1 works then on the OP under "Other Games" download DBB and choose game mode. But it has maps, items, random monster fights, boss fights and so on.

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
You are very welcome :3 Oh lol I totally missed the signatures in the OP xD I sometimes scan over things quickly with my eyes and end up missing things >.< I will definitely download DBB and check out the game mode. Thank you for the replies, info and the help! You are awesome ^-^

Reactions: The Anax

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
how many bad ends does the game have?
A few so far, but it is just getting started. It will probably have around 150 like Desideratum did. Since this one will work like Cult of Corruption in the second half of the game, it's hard to say how it will go as far as Bad End numbers but with the first half of the game having missions (think monster hunts on DBB) I know there will be at least 100 Bad Ends.

I'll be back from my honeymoon by this weekend and get the next release done hopefully by the end of the month.

Reactions: Brendonka
5.00 star(s) 9 Votes