4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Vile_lurker02

Jun 16, 2018
Supposedly the english translation for GBH chapter 1 was revised to more closely follow the japanese script, the gameplay wasnt changed. He uploaded it to his website for downloading
Nice. I remember that the old translator's work was... interesting and even misinterpeted one of the maids (can't remember which one...)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Succubus Hunter
Sep 25, 2021
Supposedly the english translation for GBH chapter 1 was revised to more closely follow the japanese script, the gameplay wasnt changed. He uploaded it to his website for downloading
Honestly not a large fan of the revision. Auphemia's personality doesn't match her personality in CP2 and the videos as well. It's like her personality had a 360-switch after the fight. Some of the character's do feel a little hostile than before. I guess it's because I got used to the original dialogue since 2017-ish

• Thinking Face

Vile_lurker02

Jun 16, 2018
Honestly not a large fan of the revision. Auphemia's personality doesn't match her personality in CP2 and the videos as well. It's like her personality had a 360-switch after the fight. Some of the character's do feel a little hostile than before. I guess it's because I got used to the original dialogue since 2017-ish
Well, she (Auphemia) is not as aimable as she is in CP2 because this is the first time she meets Alf and he's directly interfering with her monster creation gig, too.

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
Well, she (Auphemia) is not as aimable as she is in CP2 because this is the first time she meets Alf and he's directly interfering with her monster creation gig, too.
Yeah, I'd guess this is the reason. The new CP1 translation is definitely accurate, while the old CP1 translation was largely fanfic. Though I haven't personally checked out this release, I've talked with the translator and heard how thorough the modern translation process is.

CP1 is where Alf meets Selunelia and Auphemia, and after he defeats them and they agree to stop what they're up to, there's no real conclusive end; Boko basically dropped CP1 in order to remake it with a better system, and story-wise, he decided to call that remake "CP2" (Chapter 2) and have it take place after a short timeskip, where Selunelia and Auphemia seem on casual or even friendly terms with the hero.

Rynoam

Jul 1, 2022
So I had figured out how that 1 person had alcia and the other maids together in combat, he edited the files in the game, which is easy, just replaced the images with the character you want and make sure the text is the same as the character youre replacing, i recommend using the compressed file, heres an example of what i put together View attachment 2207843
Can you upload your game with the edited files so i can at least fight these two together,because i can't make it work for me.

Sep 25, 2021
I'm stoked Boko is coming back to this game but what happened to the Shinto Priestess in the red dress?
I'm gonna assume it's on hold or something, he never specified about her being in UFG 2. I'm pretty shocked he came back to GBH, I assume 2022 was just the year where he took a break but also improved on his animations and models, let's hope 2023 can be the year Boko877 can put out updates, like in 2017-2020.

Sunshaded

Jul 14, 2018
I'm going to explain the situation with this game, and then report my own post here to the mod so they can hopefully remove the word "Abandoned":

- Boko877 has a fantasy setting called "Girl Beats Hero". It consists of still art, videos, multiple games, and illustrated stories. You can find character introductions and other info on his website:
- Boko877 created a short RPG Maker game called Girl Beats Hero CP1. CP1 = "Chapter 1". He finished this short game and moved on to another RPG Maker game with a more refined battle system, called Girl Beats Hero CP2. CP2 had all the characters and locations from CP1; through the story was different, CP2 explained what happened indirectly in CP1 anyway. So a lot of people didn't even bother to play CP1. People often just refer to CP2 as "Girl Beats Hero".
- This thread got created, and it's clearly mostly about CP2 and the links are only for CP2, but the thread was just called Girl Beats Hero.
- Boko finished CP2 a year or two ago. He has tentative plans to create CP3 or whatever the continuation of the story is called, in some form, but he has not started yet due to technical limitations (having felt stifled by RPG Maker for a long time), and is very open about that fact. In the meantime, he posts videos and pictures in the Girl Beats Hero setting, which a lot of people discuss in this thread. He has also created a minigame called Girl Beats Hero Another Story a while back.
- For some reason, the thread just got marked "Abandoned". But based on my understanding, CP2 is complete, not abandoned.

Suggestions to a mod to sees this:
Option 1: Remove the word Abandoned, and leave the thread as is. The simplest option.
Option 2: Change Abandoned to Complete, and change the title of the thread to Girl Beats Hero CP2.
Option 3: Change Abandoned to Complete, leave the title as Girl Beats Hero, and add links in the OP to all the GBH games: CP1, CP2 (a rename of what's currently linked), and Another Story. The links are all available under "product" on his official website that I linked to above, because these are free games (the Patreon/advance version of CP2 was subscriber only, but since it came out so long ago he made the latest version free too, along with adding content to it... he also made Another Story free apparently). On a side note, the version of CP2 that's in this thread isn't even the latest version, since the latest version is 0.3.1. Nobody bothered to report it because he released it for free. Well, if you do update it, I'll expect a flood of people coming to this thread thinking GBH updated because they forgot that 0.3.1 is the version that all played a while ago.

Edit - Well, I tried, but it's been a week and looks like the mod didn't want to do anything. They did help me the last time I reported my own post to replace the random UFG screenshots that were in the OP, so I was optimistic they'd help this time too, but welp. You win some, you lose some.

Last edited:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
I'm gonna assume it's on hold or something, he never specified about her being in UFG 2. I'm pretty shocked he came back to GBH, I assume 2022 was just the year where he took a break but also improved on his animations and models, let's hope 2023 can be the year Boko877 can put out updates, like in 2017-2020.
I sure hope so, GBH needs as much love as MC needs a maledom path.

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes