Taikh

May 16, 2020
Guys, about the events with the mother

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Are there any other events? I saw in the old forum that there was something like a garden, related to buying condoms, I don't remember exactly.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Guys, about the events with the mother

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Are there any other events? I saw in the old forum that there was something like a garden, related to buying condoms, I don't remember exactly.
that is just to start Aunt Luda's story arc

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Not old, I only just downloaded the update after making that post
Which version did you download?
0.8.5.1 (stable) is the latest release version. The version on the repo might well have start issues as the starts are being worked on.

How to sell clothes in Pav market. Specifically I want to sell school outfits, but don't understand how, I checked those to "storage" - nothing, then to bin (next icon after storage) - nothing, and what does the "delete" button do, does it erase outfits from game or sends it back to G@M?
If you send clothes to "unwanted" then you can sell them in the market, it batch sells everything that is unwanted.
If you delete clothing it is removed from your wardrobe and will show up again in the store as a new item (there is daily rotation so you might need to go on a few different days to find it).

I had the same problem. I put commands to console one by one as you said. But at new game day the icon "Maybe visit your therapist" reappeared. At ~18:00 the event "Should go to therapist" shows again.
Players who faced that problem and me will appreciate you if you say how to solve it or fix it in a new updates. ^&^
View attachment 1625710 View attachment 1625711

P.S. Thank you that you continue develope and debug our favorite game. Because of you and your team the game continue to live;
I thought I had all of them in there. :(
I'll get one of the coders to do a more thorough check through the therapist variables for me and setup a reset option in the cheat menu but I need to get the starts fixed as I've migrated the code and will add uni start options.

Reactions: FP69

FP69

Sep 12, 2020
0.8.5.1 (stable) is the latest release version. The version on the repo might well have start issues as the starts are being worked on.

If you send clothes to "unwanted" then you can sell them in the market, it batch sells everything that is unwanted.
If you delete clothing it is removed from your wardrobe and will show up again in the store as a new item (there is daily rotation so you might need to go on a few different days to find it).

I'll get one of the coders to do a more thorough check through the therapist variables for me and setup a reset option in the cheat menu but I need to get the starts fixed as I've migrated the code and will add uni start options.

I marked some other outfits and could sell them. But school outfits still stays in wardrobe. When I tried to sell them on Pav market got this:
"You sold 0 items of unwanted clothing for a total of 0 ."

Last edited:

kirbe7

Dec 6, 2018
can someone please tell me why I can't see some images or videos, its like 50% of the events that happen there is just text and no images or videos.....this never happened to me before, and I have tried the all together version, tried downloading seperately, whatever I do its still the same....this is most noticable at the therapist and random events around the town...its really frustrating...:S

rachels

Jan 12, 2018
can someone please tell me why I can't see some images or videos, its like 50% of the events that happen there is just text and no images or videos.....this never happened to me before, and I have tried the all together version, tried downloading seperately, whatever I do its still the same....this is most noticable at the therapist and random events around the town...its really frustrating...:S
Would be nice to know your OS, qsp player version, and the game version.
In the object window, or in Sonic player also in the menu, it is possible to swith to pure HTML code.
You can see then the link to the image, or video, and you can check whether the file exists, and whether it is OK.
If you pass this check, you can try to use another QSP player.

kirbe7

Dec 6, 2018
Would be nice to know your OS, qsp player version, and the game version.
In the object window, or in Sonic player also in the menu, it is possible to swith to pure HTML code.
You can see then the link to the image, or video, and you can check whether the file exists, and whether it is OK.
If you pass this check, you can try to use another QSP player.
QSP 1.9, Win 10 Pro, GL 0.8.5.1. I played the game before over various updates and this is the first time this happens to me after downloading the latest data.

Edit: Did your test and found that there is the actual video in folder but on the player it just shows empty screen without the video. The file in question in this test is found on this path images/locations/pavlovsk/clinic/therapist/sex/hypnoRide3.mp4

Last edited:

Templar Knight

Feb 2, 2018
greetings, it's been a while since I played girl life and I'm going to start playing again, but I have a question: to have access to most of the content I play schoolgirl or schoolgirl with magicka? ( if this question is already asked, i'm really sorry ).

rachels

Jan 12, 2018
QSP 1.9, Win 10 Pro, GL 0.8.5.1. I played the game before over various updates and this is the first time this happens to me after downloading the latest data.

Edit: Did your test and found that there is the actual video in folder but on the player it just shows empty screen without the video. The file in question in this test is found on this path images/locations/pavlovsk/clinic/therapist/sex/hypnoRide3.mp4
I'm not an expert on this stuff, but the problem is that some of the video files are coded differently from others. In some cases the player is not able to handle such files, but the developer who added them and also many players have not encountered such a bug. Try another player, either QSP 1.8 or the original one 5.7.0. It would great if somebody could tell which codec we should use to be sure that all players can handle it.

Edit (I can see the video clip in both 1.9 an 5.7.0 player at W7)
'<center><video autoplay loop src="images/locations/pavlovsk/clinic/therapist/sex/hypnoRide3.mp4"></video></center>'

Last edited:

kirbe7

Dec 6, 2018
I'm not an expert on this stuff, but the problem is that some of the video files are coded differently from others. In some cases the player is not able to handle such files, but the developer who added them and also many players have not encountered such a bug. Try another player, either QSP 1.8 or the original one 5.7.0. It would great if somebody could tell which codec we should use to be sure that all players can handle it.

Edit (I can see the video clip in both 1.9 an 5.7.0 player at W7)
'<center><video autoplay loop src="images/locations/pavlovsk/clinic/therapist/sex/hypnoRide3.mp4"></video></center>'
I have tested the same with the 5.7.0 and I still don't see the video, as a matter of fact I don't see any videos on the 5.7.0 version......

EDIT : Could you please share then your versions so I can see if this is an issue with mine or something else?

Last edited:

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
greetings, it's been a while since I played girl life and I'm going to start playing again, but I have a question: to have access to most of the content I play schoolgirl or schoolgirl with magicka? ( if this question is already asked, i'm really sorry ).
cursed school girl gives you all the content the regular ones gives and some extra magic stuff so slightly more content, but understand most of the game is written with out magic in mind because most of the writers don't understand how the code for the magic works. So some people find some parts annoying because they can't use magic at times when they would like to.

Reactions: Templar Knight

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I have tested the same with the 5.7.0 and I still don't see the video, as a matter of fact I don't see any videos on the 5.7.0 version......

EDIT : Could you please share then your versions so I can see if this is an issue with mine or something else?
There is only one place to download those players from so you have the same player. It might be your computer doesn't have the right codec installed. I know when i use to watch some video's after a DL every so often I would have to go install a new codec on my computer for the media player to play it.

What we need to do is see about how hard it would be to convert all the video's to use the same codec but I have no clue how hard that might be to do or if anyone working on the game has the knowledge to do it and or access to a program to do that. Will have to ask and see.

rachels

Jan 12, 2018
I dowload all in one and they are missed picure shower and some of them i dont know how fix it
I checked the AllInOne set, and it seems to me that it is complete, just some pictures extra.
Are you able to check a particular link (Object window - "Switch HTML" and see the link - you can return in the object window, even if it is raw text, just click the Switch HTML)?

kirbe7

Dec 6, 2018
There is only one place to download those players from so you have the same player. It might be your computer doesn't have the right codec installed. I know when i use to watch some video's after a DL every so often I would have to go install a new codec on my computer for the media player to play it.

What we need to do is see about how hard it would be to convert all the video's to use the same codec but I have no clue how hard that might be to do or if anyone working on the game has the knowledge to do it and or access to a program to do that. Will have to ask and see.
Which codec would you recommend then because I have no trouble playing the videos on my pc, the only issue is in the game that they are not seen...

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Which codec would you recommend then because I have no trouble playing the videos on my pc, the only issue is in the game that they are not seen...
I have no clue, because I don't know which codec the video's in GL uses. But just saying that might be the problem, I am going to bring up to the devs how hard it might be if we made all the video's the same codec and if that is something we can even do.

gongo_g

Jan 24, 2019
I have no clue, because I don't know which codec the video's in GL uses. But just saying that might be the problem, I am going to bring up to the devs how hard it might be if we made all the video's the same codec and if that is something we can even do.
Counting 2748 mp4 files, 1 using mpg4 and the rest h264 codec, you can use VLC do get the codec info by hand or any ffprobe based GUI like that can scan the whole game folder.
If you need to convert i'd recommend ffmpeg or any ffmpeg based GUI application like .
Just be prepared to spend some time converting that many files.

I attached a csv file with all the scanned video file information.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Counting 2748 mp4 files, 1 using mpg4 and the rest h264 codec, you can use VLC do get the codec info by hand or any ffprobe based GUI like that can scan the whole game folder.
If you need to convert i'd recommend ffmpeg or any ffmpeg based GUI application like .
Just be prepared to spend some time converting that many files.

I attached a csv file with all the scanned video file information.
Thanks for the info but I am a writer and to old to want to learn this stuff. One of the coders might look into it. I have no clue how hard that would be to do making them all use the same codec to make sure they always work.

SunHouseRock

Mar 14, 2019

It'd be the latest 8.5, before that I was using 8.3 with no problem

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes