Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Why do the prices of clothes increase significantly over time? It seems like these increases are a reflection of Sveta having more money, which of course is totally unrealistic, because how could these stores even know how much money she has? The Devs keep saying this game is supposed to reflect real life. So can they explain how this reflects real life?

Yeah, prices in real life sometimes increase. But a 50% increase in two weeks. That's ridiculous.
The prices don't change, the same outfit costs the same all the way through the game. What you are likely seeing is what clothes are in each shop is random which includes quality and higher quality ones cost more. So if you get a string of high quality inventory in a row it might look that way.

Edit ok checked with Kevin and there is a random cost to all the items, but it is random up or down. It has nothing to do with how much money you have and items can cost a little more or less and it changes every day.

Last edited:

TheGodUncle

Dec 2, 2017
Yes he can teach you how to cook, you can help him renovate his bathroom and some other scenes that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Not sure what all scenes there are with her, I never worked on her and have not tried that content in couple of years.
How can you trigger his scenes? I'm in his appartment and tasted the soup but when the text says he's cooking and I go to the kitchen I get an option to help him but afterwards I can't actually help him with cooking and I don't know how to start the bathroom renovation scenes either.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
The prices don't change, the same outfit costs the same all the way through the game. What you are likely seeing is what clothes are in each shop is random which includes quality and higher quality ones cost more. So if you get a string of high quality inventory in a row it might look that way.
I'm afraid that simply isn't correct. I know this because I often buy the same outfits in each playthrough. But I don't always buy them at the same time in each playthrough. And often they're more expensive.

I'm well aware that the outfits on sale change on different days. But I'm talking about the same outfits increasing in price. Like the very first day I go to G&M and see what's available, and I note the prices. And later in the game I go back with money to spend, and the prices of the same items have increased. So it doesn't seem that way, it is that way.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
How can you trigger his scenes? I'm in his appartment and tasted the soup but when the text says he's cooking and I go to the kitchen I get an option to help him but afterwards I can't actually help him with cooking and I don't know how to start the bathroom renovation scenes either.
Honestly I don't know, I didn't write his content. All i did was proof read it and that was like 3 or 4 years ago. I just remember it exists but I can't remember how it all works, sorry.

Reactions: TheGodUncle
May 11, 2021
I was specifically talking about G&M and the Market. On Day 1, every clothing item costs 1300 at G&M...
That's something KS will need to confirm, I just came back from reading the clothing item codes (for GM), no clothing item has clothing value higher than 3. So if does change (same item with different price at different time), a different in-store game mechanic must at work.

It certainly wasn't meant as a major criticism of you guys. If I see something that I think might be wrong, then I speak up. And perhaps sometimes I can be overly zealous...
I'll stop after this because it is actually no longer game related if discussed further...

Thought-out criticisms are welcome, major or not (even more so if it is on Discord where it can be properly discussed.)
As for a woman in her mid 20's, I could be (and probably is) overreacting...But when you read same language expressions over and over, you just ask yourself why bother?

Just some examples of those expressions...

"As far as I can see, nobody likes the present system. So there's no reason not to change it."
"Some of things in this game are just plain bizarre..."
"Seems to me, you don't know anymore than I do?"
"...that is just totally wrong..."

Best,

Last edited:

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I'm afraid that simply isn't correct. I know this because I often buy the same outfits in each playthrough. But I don't always buy them at the same time in each playthrough. And often they're more expensive.

I'm well aware that the outfits on sale change on different days. But I'm talking about the same outfits increasing in price. Like the very first day I go to G&M and see what's available, and I note the prices. And later in the game I go back with money to spend, and the prices of the same items have increased. So it doesn't seem that way, it is that way.
See the edit of my post. They have a random price to them, where they can cost a little more or less which changes every day. I didn't know that was ever added. But I checked with Kevin and it was at some point, but it has nothing to do with how much money you have and it is random in price, so it can go up or down and it changes every day.

Daguy2021

May 18, 2021
I wonder what breaks so easily on Katja. I barely touched the cheats, just some stat and appearance boosts because I've played through the game so often and don't want the extra grind, and yet she regularly seems to get stuck in the dialog about Vicky falling over forever. Happens pretty often if I use any cheats at all to the point I've not seen any of her new content in many versions. I think raising her disposition too fast at the disco can break her also, as I speed-ran an attempt at trigger her 'come do homework' dialog, with no cheats, and she is still stuck talking about Vicky weeks in with around 96 disposition; dancing with her seems to send it through the roof too easily. I wish I could figure out where the problem actually is because every attempt to restart and build a 'base' save with her unlocked/ready to go takes over an hour of skipping and repeating that dull early few weeks.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I wonder what breaks so easily on Katja. I barely touched the cheats, just some stat and appearance boosts because I've played through the game so often and don't want the extra grind, and yet she regularly seems to get stuck in the dialog about Vicky falling over forever. Happens pretty often if I use any cheats at all to the point I've not seen any of her new content in many versions. I think raising her disposition too fast at the disco can break her also, as I speed-ran an attempt at trigger her 'come do homework' dialog, with no cheats, and she is still stuck talking about Vicky weeks in with around 96 disposition; dancing with her seems to send it through the roof too easily. I wish I could figure out where the problem actually is because every attempt to restart and build a 'base' save with her unlocked/ready to go takes over an hour of skipping and repeating that dull early few weeks.
I don't know why raising her relationship to fast would do anything. I know to advance her story arc, you have to be friends with her. have decent grades, have 40+ makeup skill and not have much of a slut rep at all. If any of those are not true then you can't advance her story arc.

Anon1341

Aug 13, 2018
Why is the mp4 file not showing when its clearly there, this happens to 60% of the giffs/pics in the therapist folder?
I was not able to convert 4 or 5 files so swapped them with the working ones. Some files are terribly poor quality.
Anyway fixed about 25 files.

Let me now if there are any problems.

rar password: f95

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Hmm, could be the grades in my case, I guess. Thanks, I'll see if I can trigger progression that way. I wasn't aware they were required.
You're welcome

When you start her story she very much is a nice somewhat shy girl, who is interested in hanging around someone like herself.
rep - she has one of the best reps of any girl in school
grades - some of best grades outside of the nerds in school
makeup - one of the better girls with makeup, she is somewhat passionate about it
then obviously you need high enough relationship with that she likes you.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017

I can tell you with complete certainty that the prices do not just go up over time. I know this because I wrote the code for it.

price = ('<<ARGS[3]>>' * ((5 * CloQuality) + 100) / 100) * 1000 / (1250 - Clothingstock[ARGS[2]]) * 3 / 2
price = price / 50 * 50

The last part is to round the prices to nearest 50. Otherwise everything is the same except for the clothingstock value which is a randomly generated number. The ARGS[3] value at the start is the base price and changes by store to ensure each shop's clothing is in the correct range. It is possible if you started the save on on older version that the item is question might have had a lower quality value and that would mean the random price would now be a bit higher as some items had their quality value adjusted this dev cycle.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
I'll stop after this because it is actually no longer game related if discussed further...

Thought-out criticisms are welcome, major or not (even more so if it is on Discord where it can be properly discussed.)
As for a woman in her mid 20's, I could be (and probably is) overreacting...But when you read same language expressions over and over, you just ask yourself why bother?

Just some examples of those expressions...

"As far as I can see, nobody likes the present system. So there's no reason not to change it."
"Some of things in this game are just plain bizarre..."
"Seems to me, you don't know anymore than I do?"
"...that is just totally wrong..."

Best,
Well I think you are overreacting, because I've never directed any negative comments at you or any of the other Devs for that matter. If I've made any criticisms or complaints, they've been made at the game in general and not individuals. You appear to have taken this all very personally, when nothing of the sort was intended

The first comment refers to prostitution in the game ( specifically the unrealistic arrest ratio, which bore no reality to what actually happens in Russia). This was a reflection of comments from numerous people who hated the system as it was then. Kevin recently confirmed that changes are being made, so it seems the Devs agreed with me and others.

The second comment was a facetious remark that some really bizarre and inexplicable things happen in the game. Like for instance something that happened to me earlier this week, where Natasha scolds Sveta for discovering her dildo that morning, even though she only bought it in the afternoon, and she only just used for the first time in the bathroom. So there is no way that she could have even known about it. Now if that had been a day later, it would have made sense. But on that day it was impossible. Sometimes the game does ridiculous things, and who knows why?

The third comment referred to a dialogue I had with Nutluck, and I don't remember exactly what it was about it. Except that he eventually admitted that whatever I had initially commented on, wasn't an area of the game he had anything to do with, and thus his initial reply could possibly be incorrect, after I queried it. Hence the response you refer to.

I'm not sure what the fourth comment referred to. But I think it probably related to the Prostitution issue, just like the first comment.

Taken out of context, comments can often look very negative. Which is why you should never do that

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes