ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
QSP freezing when i going outside
Old QSP don't show video
looks like you need change your programmers
i'm trying to say that QSP works fine for me with all games except this one.
for example Province Girl. The freeze is in outdoor scenes. in Province Girls - there are not.

And you use Todd Howard's rhetoric, so I was very surprised
The principal conceit that all gamers have is that there is never anything wrong on their end; any problems that they experience must be experienced by everyone else. But, obviously, that can't be true because, if other people were experiencing the problems that you are, someone would have said something by now.

It might surprise you to know that hundreds of people play this game! Nutluck was able to dismiss your report as an incompatible QSP Player issue because other people aren't experiencing the issues that you are. This is a you problem. Don't put this on the programmers until at least one other person reports having the same problem.

Alaratt

Game Developer
Jun 21, 2019
heyo Nutluck or Kevin Smarts , does nerd sveta cant join albina dance group? i've been piling her friendship to 100 but she still insult me at the dance event and saying "if we been friendlier, i might..." to me. And i'm tyring to join the jocks but i'm still hated with jocks group event though there are 5 members already at 60 friendship.
No. Nerds Gopniks and Outcasts cannot join her group. Only Jocks and Cool Kids can.

Reactions: Kevin Smarts

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
heyo Nutluck or Kevin Smarts , does nerd sveta cant join albina dance group? i've been piling her friendship to 100 but she still insult me at the dance event and saying "if we been friendlier, i might..." to me. And i'm tyring to join the jocks but i'm still hated with jocks group event though there are 5 members already at 60 friendship.
No Albina is a snob she will only let jocks and cool kids join. With that said though that worded should likely be changed as it is misleading and changed to something like. You are not cool enough or you lack the social graces or something along those lines.

Being friends is the fastest way but you still need to do things they like or at the very least not do things they don't like. Also it is meant to take time, on average if you really work at it, it takes about 3 months of game play.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
The principal conceit that all gamers have is that there is never anything wrong on their end; any problems that they experience must be experienced by everyone else. But, obviously, that can't be true because, if other people were experiencing the problems that you are, someone would have said something by now.

It might surprise you to know that hundreds of people play this game! Nutluck was able to dismiss your report as an incompatible QSP Player issue because other people aren't experiencing the issues that you are. This is a you problem. Don't put this on the programmers until at least one other person reports having the same problem.
We have had other people report similar problems, but in every case it was the qsp player they was using. Which is why I suggested they try one of the other suggested players to them. Because 100% of the time when we get a report like that, that is the issue, but that is obviously not what that poster wanted to hear.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Don't show video QSP 1.9 freeze when PC goes outdoor scene
Sorry, that's not very clear.
If you are using one of the recommended players and it is not showing video then either the image files are not in the correct folder (sometimes they unpack as images/images) or the folder is in a Windows protected folder group and you might need to start the player as administrator.
As for the crashing, that has only previously been reported when using an incompatible QSP player. Does this happen with a new save too? Also try opening the player and then selecting the GirlLife.qsp to make sure it is not still using the default one you'll have set in Windows.

goodick

Feb 2, 2021
No Albina is a snob she will only let jocks and cool kids join. With that said though that worded should likely be changed as it is misleading and changed to something like. You are not cool enough or you lack the social graces or something along those lines.

Being friends is the fastest way but you still need to do things they like or at the very least not do things they don't like. Also it is meant to take time, on average if you really work at it, it takes about 3 months of game play.
Um, how many jocks i need to be at min 60 friendship exactly? i followed the wiki guide but it doesnt mention how many jocks friends i need.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Um, how many jocks i need to be at min 60 friendship exactly? i followed the wiki guide but it doesnt mention how many jocks friends i need.
I don't think there was a limit to the number, we talked about making it so atleast half had to like you to let you join but I don't think that is in. But the more that likes you the faster it goes, each one that likes you only adds 1pt a day, there is a 10pt per day cap. So depending on which start it can as I said take ingame months.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Pav start.
If you can't access her home then that means she has already fallen and became a outcast. Right now once that happens you lose access to her home, because new chat options etc have not been finished for how things have changed yet. I was hoping to have that done this release, but I ran out of time.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
If you can't access her home then that means she has already fallen and became a outcast. Right now once that happens you lose access to her home, because new chat options etc have not been finished for how things have changed yet. I was hoping to have that done this release, but I ran out of time.
Then she falls at an astonishing rate. The Summer Holidays aren't over yet.
I could never find her home.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Then she falls at an astonishing rate. The Summer Holidays aren't over yet.
I could never find her home.
No she hasn't fallen yet, it takes about 2 months roughly for her to fall. I honestly have no clue why you can't find her home. I will have to look into it and see if there is a issue.

What exactly did you do to get a invite to her home? As in was it chat at the disco after dancing with her etc? Be as specific as you can so I can check that places code to make sure the code is correct.

T7792

Oct 5, 2019
No she hasn't fallen yet, it takes about 2 months roughly for her to fall. I honestly have no clue why you can't find her home. I will have to look into it and see if there is a issue.

What exactly did you do to get a invite to her home? As in was it chat at the disco after dancing with her etc? Be as specific as you can so I can check that places code to make sure the code is correct.
My guess was that Squark ⚧❤ started early summer and has just found the lake encounter without school starting. I don't know if it is supposed to be able to be triggered that early, but it can be accessed from day 1 I think.

My understanding is that you need to have a higher friendship rating with her before you can actually get the real home invite. I kind of felt it to be like the way someone would say "we must meet up soon" but with no intention of actually following up on that. Being friendly with her at school and the disco should get you a real invite... though you may need to go with her after school at least once to find the house, I am unsure.

You can go to her house without getting real access to it during the fall, when walking her home if she likes you she invites you in. and after the fall she will take you to her home for a hook-up, but neither of these events give access to choose to go to her home outside these specific events, though the post fall hook-up can be repeated whenever she is at the disco.

As it stands, if you get the real invite before the fall, you can choose to go to her home (during social hours) and get invited in, have a look around, and interact with her. But once she has fallen you will not get past the front door, her mom will never let you in. (But as I said above, you can still do the post fall disco hook-up.)

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
My guess was that Squark ⚧❤ started early summer and has just found the lake encounter without school starting. I don't know if it is supposed to be able to be triggered that early, but it can be accessed from day 1 I think.

My understanding is that you need to have a higher friendship rating with her before you can actually get the real home invite. I kind of felt it to be like the way someone would say "we must meet up soon" but with no intention of actually following up on that. Being friendly with her at school and the disco should get you a real invite... though you may need to go with her after school at least once to find the house, I am unsure.

You can go to her house without getting real access to it during the fall, when walking her home if she likes you she invites you in. and after the fall she will take you to her home for a hook-up, but neither of these events give access to choose to go to her home outside these specific events, though the post fall hook-up can be repeated whenever she is at the disco.

As it stands, if you get the real invite before the fall, you can choose to go to her home (during social hours) and get invited in, have a look around, and interact with her. But once she has fallen you will not get past the front door, her mom will never let you in. (But as I said above, you can still do the post fall disco hook-up.)
The post fall hookup is a bug then, that shouldn't be able to happen. A new version will replace the pre fall version as she will act a bit different post fall. So their will be two versions of the event, pre and post fall, same with chatting with her in her home etc. Which is why her house is temporarily blocked post fall.

I will have to look into why the house invite during the summer is not working.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I bumped into her at either the Beach or Secluded Beach and took pictures of her. Was still building the portfolio at the time.
And T7792 is right, I chose the Early Summer Pav start.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I bumped into her at either the Beach or Secluded Beach and took pictures of her. Was still building the portfolio at the time.
And T7792 is right, I chose the Early Summer Pav start.
As I posted above I will have to look at it and make sure the code is working but now that you told me where the invite is, it will help be see what the issue is.

Reactions: Squark ⚧❤️

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
QSP is a invalid file type please uses real file types in the future *confirmed this via software developer*
Your software developer friend might want to consider career change. And to the unasked question: "What program runs .qsp files?" the answer in this case is: "Quest Story Player", or QSP for short. Version 1.9 to be specific. It's all mentioned in the first post.

DemiArc

Jan 27, 2018
So no new outcast Sonia for another 2 months? :cry: :cry:

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes