maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
we are talking about different stuff, there is the displayed appearance which is 0-100 and then there is the real appearance which is what sets how you look. The real one has a +25 bonus from being slightly under weight or chubby, or +50 for ideal BMI. Hotcat is created using the under the hood appearance code. I don't know how accurate the displayed appearance is, or how rounding etc is handled when appearance is converted to the stat display which is what you are talking about I believe because the code for setting stuff is way more than 0-100 range
I was pointing out that QSP doesn't do rounding, it just drops decimals and 18.9 BMI becomes 18, this is of course rather trivial problem as there will always be a point where we cross the line and things change, doesn't matter really if that point is 19 or 18.5. What I feel unjustified about is the severity.

In the game, there is a function that is constantly used in appearance where all bonus points go through percentage reduction separately. By my count there's 7 of these bonuses, which means you get -7 score if each of them get multiplied by 95% because of the lack of rounding so any fraction reduction means minimum 1 point reduction.

Add in the fact that clothes also give few points less beauty for non-optimal weight and we're looking at something like 33-45 beauty drop if you go from 19 to 18 BMI or from 24 to 25 BMI. This feels like a sharp drop from potentially very small change in weight. Could drop you from hotcat 9 to 7 in one day.

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I was pointing out that QSP doesn't do rounding, it just drops decimals and 18.9 BMI becomes 18, this is of course rather trivial problem as there will always be a point where we cross the line and things change, doesn't matter really if that point is 19 or 18.5. What I feel unjustified about is the severity.

In the game, there is a function that is constantly used in appearance where all bonus points go through percentage reduction separately. By my count there's 7 of these bonuses, which means you get -7 score if each of them get multiplied by 95% because of the lack of rounding so any fraction reduction means minimum 1 point reduction.

Add in the fact that clothes also give few points less beauty for non-optimal weight and we're looking at something like 33-45 beauty drop if you go from 19 to 18 BMI or from 24 to 25 BMI. This feels like a sharp drop from potentially very small change in weight. Could drop you from hotcat 9 to 7 in one day.
Normally yes but as I said our coders added a bit of code that can be used to make stuff round up if it is .5 or higher. It isn't used for everything though but it is used for a few things

All the bonuses are not the same, skin condition gives the biggest difference, bmi the second, str and other stats less etc. I don't know the actually details of the code but I know skin makes up about 50% of the appearance.

Anyways my point was being slightly underweight or chubby and Sveta could still have a hotcat of 7 easy enough even 8. I don't think you can hit 9 but maybe.

So most of the girls have healthy BMI in the game and the three that don't are with in range Sveta can make. Irina is the only one that is borderline, she should likely have a different model but it is a small enough issue we won't worry about it.

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
Normally yes but as I said our coders added a bit of code that can be used to make stuff round up if it is .5 or higher. It isn't used for everything though but it is used for a few things

All the bonuses are not the same, skin condition gives the biggest difference, bmi the second, str and other stats less etc. I don't know the actually details of the code but I know skin makes up about 50% of the appearance.

Anyways my point was being slightly underweight or chubby and Sveta could still have a hotcat of 7 easy enough even 8. I don't think you can hit 9 but maybe.

So most of the girls have healthy BMI in the game and the three that don't are with in range Sveta can make. Irina is the only one that is borderline, she should likely have a different model but it is a small enough issue we won't worry about it.
This string of commands into console will display your character's current beauty and hotcat rating in normal and underweight conditions, without anything other than BMI changing by a single point. This difference in effect can be high, too high in my opinion.
Code:
bmitest[4] = pcs_bmi & pcs_bmi = 19 & gs 'AppearanceSystem', 'UpdateBaseAppearnce' & gs 'AppearanceSystem', '' & bmitest[0] = pcs_apprnc & bmitest[1] = hotcat & pcs_bmi = 18 & gs 'AppearanceSystem', 'UpdateBaseAppearnce' & gs 'AppearanceSystem', '' & bmitest[2] = pcs_apprnc & bmitest[3] = hotcat & msg 'Your normal weight beauty:<<bmitest[0]>> hotcat:<<bmitest[1]>> <br> Your under weight beauty:<<bmitest[2]>> hotcat:<<bmitest[3]>>' & pcs_bmi = bmitest[4] & killvar 'bmitest'
My character, for example:
Screenshot_2023-11-17_23-23-36.png

Nutluck

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
That is just a limit on the engine, while smaller stepping down can be done it adds more code which slows things down. So this is a compromise of several levels but each one is a bigger difference.

madcow167

Aug 13, 2018
Does anyone have the 3.01 version of the Additional adventures mod? Trying to get the last version that still has the beast content. PM me please and thank you.

Derryth

Mar 23, 2019
Does anyone have the 3.01 version of the Additional adventures mod? Trying to get the last version that still has the beast content. PM me please and thank you.
considering, that any RL beast images are illegal in most countries, and if anyone is found hosting said images are liable to prosecution, I wouldn't hold your breath on getting an answer to that question.

Kevin Smarts

Respected User
Game Developer
Jul 21, 2017
Hello there,
Is there actual content for the succubus/magic playthrough nowadays?
The last time I played this game few years ago the whole thing was just a proof of concept, hardly influencing the normal stuffs, and poor man's cheat at best.
I know this game require some degree of personal investment in role-playing to kind of make any degree of sense, but the magic stuff barely had any framework.

Trying to find things by myself on wiki or forums was an exercise in futility.
If it’s been a few years then you’ll at least get a bit more with a couple of new characters and a couple of missions to run. It’s not much though for the reasons derryth mentioned.

Reactions: dummydummy

lolz008

Dec 13, 2019
where do i find the therapist daughter
The therapist daughter can be found only if you flash people in the park, eventually you will meet a woman who is also an exhibitionist and wants to photograph you. After a few events with her you get invited to a store she manages that sells all of the most provocative clothing in the game. Unfortunately it doesn't seem like the therapist route is complete in this area yet. I don't believe she can give you translucent or extremely slutty school clothes yet.

shockspacer

Dec 16, 2018
we are talking about different stuff, there is the displayed appearance which is 0-100 and then there is the real appearance which is what sets how you look. The real one has a +25 bonus from being slightly under weight or chubby, or +50 for ideal BMI. Hotcat is created using the under the hood appearance code. I don't know how accurate the displayed appearance is, or how rounding etc is handled when appearance is converted to the stat display which is what you are talking about I believe because the code for setting stuff is way more than 0-100 range
Is there a way around all this? I mean to have a cheated hot appearance and things like high strength at the same time?
I used to just modify the pcs_apprncbase value and it would allow Sveta to be really hot while still having max strength.

Derryth

Mar 23, 2019
Is there a way around all this? I mean to have a cheated hot appearance and things like high strength at the same time?
I used to just modify the pcs_apprncbase value and it would allow Sveta to be really hot while still having max strength.
Not without breaking the code, its a trade off, do you want to be beautiful? or a Strong Beefcake, you can not be both. 100 Str is still the same max str as before, we only added the bodybuilder body 101-150, and Steroid cloud body, 151-200, both of which can not be gotten in game, unless you specifically train for it. I think only the Succubus Sveta can break 100, without effecting her Appearance, as High Str with a succubus, does not equate to large muscle mass. Highest body type a succubus can get is Toned, I think.

1700305870562.png

Last edited:

neo_kenka

Oct 28, 2017
In line 527 of the... class?... "therapist_hotel" per QGen, "therapist['hotel_submit'] = 10" is probably supposed to be "therapistQW['hotel_submit'] = 10" given that there is never again any reference to a therapist array but every other instance of hotel_submit is used in regards to a therapistQW array. (I say "array" but I don't know if the syntax "name[]" means something else in whatever language is being used in QuestSoft.)

Michael967

Dec 8, 2019
How do you meet sister bf? I've tried going to community center in residential area after 4pm when wiki says she's there but she isn't. I've already spoken to her about her bf.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes