RPGM Girl's Ibunroku

poipoi

May 23, 2017
Ok, please PM me if you have issues, I've tested it multiple times and it should work like that, I don't have mtool installed.

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
Ok, please PM me if you have issues, I've tested it multiple times and it should work like that, I don't have mtool installed.
hmm, it works now that I re-copied the data. the important stuff is in english now. I don't know why it wasn't working

Reactions: poipoi

DXZ19

Apr 13, 2018
Are they perhaps anymore attemps at a more refined translation. The one that was already included is good! But more would be nice.

poipoi

May 23, 2017
Are they perhaps anymore attemps at a more refined translation. The one that was already included is good! But more would be nice.
Not from me to be sure, I think the art is great and the concept is cool, but it's unfinished. A lot of scenes that where planned weren't implemented in the end.

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
Not from me to be sure, I think the art is great and the concept is cool, but it's unfinished. A lot of scenes that where planned weren't implemented in the end.
I'm sorry, I posted this game, but as you can see I needed assistance just to get a decent translation. I'm willing to learn how to translate untranslated part, but I neither have the knowledge of how to do anything more than interchanging files. I wish I knew how to read Japanese and could interchange translated text with the original without breaking the game

poipoi

May 23, 2017
To be honest this game is particularly hard to translate, it took me a long time to event run it through MTL. The text is completely mixed with scripts and event triggers.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
To be honest this game is particularly hard to translate, it took me a long time to event run it through MTL. The text is completely mixed with scripts and event triggers.
I disagree, this like most games is not hard to translate on RPGM. It however, like all translation projects is tedious to do. It is very easy if you just take the time to manually translate and replace each line yourself. Use google translate or DeepL if you must, but if you go through and manually replace the lines and preserve the scripts you will not have to deal with as many bugs.

I always say for any aspiring translator, if you are serious about translating, using T++ or any other auto translator to batch translate is not a good way to learn or work because it will ultimately not teach you anything about the engine or how to fix inevitable issues you will come across. Nothing worth the effort comes easy, taking short cuts and using T++ to do all the work.

poipoi

May 23, 2017
Have you seen how this one is coded? I'm not talking about RPGM in general but this game in particular. I actually did the translation so I know how tedious it was to get rid of the bugs.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Have you seen how this one is coded? I'm not talking about RPGM in general but this game in particular. I actually did the translation so I know how tedious it was to get rid of the bugs.
Yup, I looked at this game in the engine a long time ago. I didn't see anything too out of the ordinary for script heavy games like that. To be fair, I did some of the major bug fixing of the Kagura games version of Kozue's Strange Journey before it was banned for Rule 7. This dev loves their script heavy games and that might very well be why I feel that way.

Also didn't realize you did the translation that is posted in this thread. You did a pretty good job, especially if that was your first translation (not sure to be fair so please don't take offense if you have done more.)

poipoi

May 23, 2017
Yup, I looked at this game in the engine a long time ago. I didn't see anything too out of the ordinary for script heavy games like that. To be fair, I did some of the major bug fixing of the Kagura games version of Kozue's Strange Journey before it was banned for Rule 7. This dev loves their script heavy games and that might very well be why I feel that way.

Also didn't realize you did the translation that is posted in this thread. You did a pretty good job, especially if that was your first translation (not sure to be fair so please don't take offense if you have done more.)
Yes, that was my first translation, thanks. I'm finishing another one which is incomparably easier, the text is well formatted so I just have to go line by line.

For girls ibunroku the fact that it was all in one file with scripts and variable names seemed very confusing, if you've worked on Kozue's Journey maybe it's easier for you.

Reactions: Silentce

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Yes, that was my first translation, thanks. I'm finishing another one which is incomparably easier, the text is well formatted so I just have to go line by line.

For girls ibunroku the fact that it was all in one file with scripts and variable names seemed very confusing, if you've worked on Kozue's Journey maybe it's easier for you.
I learned a lot by just bug fixing broken MTLs on this site. Eventually you start to see the error messages and know where the problem is right away. Kozue was a bit of a pain in the ass to be honest so I can sympathize with the bug fixing part of it. Very tedious, but the more you do translation and bug fixing the easier it will get, however it will never get less tedious lol.

DXZ19

Apr 13, 2018
You're referring to the game plus the patch?
Whichever since a game like this would probably take a long time for Kagura to do like the first one they did or if they even decide too. So a fan translations would have to suffice for the time being.

DXZ19

Apr 13, 2018
Unfortunately I don't think those scenes will be added, the creator seems to have move on or atleast doesn't intend to add those scenes or continue the development when you factor in the development of the game.
Edited* Is there a place where you can view these scenes or is it just lines of codes?