Dehlaz

Aug 27, 2018
I really like the idea of a polyamorous lesbian harem-ish game. And the art is very nice. The one sex scene that's there is very good imo. But I do have some criticism: the pacing is, well, excruciating. These characters seem to talk in circles, doing lots of name-dropping and exposition that I know I'm not gonna remember by the next time the game updates. Part of this is setting the story and telling it from flashbacks within a flashback, which is a stylistic choice and personal taste, just definitely not something I would've chosen.

It gets better in the later part with "Megumin". I like her arc. But most of the stuff that came before that really dragged, and even it isn't as tight as I think it could've been. And I'm sympathetic, it's hard as a writer to know when to cut stuff. Small projects like this don't have editors after all. But maybe, if I could offer some constructive feedback (and I'm trying to be succinct and polite here), maybe let the story progress at a bit more of a brisk pace. I like character dialogue, and I like it when characters develop through how they interact with others, but I'd try to make it more snappy. To give an example, the early scene where the character gets their arm chopped off felt like it went on forever.

Still, there's enough good in here that I'm interested in following. I just hope that it develops in the direction of the later scenes and the early rough spots are behind us.

Imaduffus

May 20, 2023
Hi, I am kinda confused, I played (with mod) until the scene, where Celeste is saying, she is going to search for her brother. Does the story already ends here?! Will there be more? Yea its 0.3.1, but still. :)

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Hi, I am kinda confused, I played (with mod) until the scene, where Celeste is saying, she is going to search for her brother. Does the story already ends here?! Will there be more? Yea its 0.3.1, but still. :)
I just finished it myself, I got confused towards the end. I lost track of what happened when with some of those mini-stories.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
I just finished it myself, I got confused towards the end. I lost track of what happened when with some of those mini-stories.
Yep - this VN isn´t for those who´s preferring a continuous story ;)
You´re not alone - look here https://f95zone.to/threads/give-me-a-sun-v0-3-1-namco15.127217/post-11722352

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yeah said it myself once, this is all over the place at the moment...what's going on with the twins (which seemed at the time a major plot line)....Celeste being injured....it's...messy....but certainly interesting (and gorgeous) enough to keep with it for now...hopefully will make sense with more updates when starting again or maybe the dev will rejig some scenes.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Yeah said it myself once, this is all over the place at the moment...what's going on with the twins (which seemed at the time a major plot line)....Celeste being injured....it's...messy....but certainly interesting (and gorgeous) enough to keep with it for now...hopefully will make sense with more updates when starting again or maybe the dev will rejig some scenes.
As you said the twins seemed for me the main story at first - but hee hee!:oops:
Indeed waiting for elucidation since May :cry:

Reactions: Maviarab

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
haha yeah that would always be an option, but I did bookmark it. And had to give props for the amazing renders! Maybe somewhere in the future! At the very least super interested in future work from this dev!
As there actually are some male characters well hidden in the storyline I may in the far away future consider turning at least bi curious.
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do when circumstances so demand.

Reactions: padstad

Namco15

LESS TALKING MORE RAIDING!
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
Progress update...
give_me Nash (7).png
hello there! more than a thousand renderings done and I'm missing about a hundred more to finish Nashira... it will be bigger than the Megumin update but this one focuses more on Celeste's background, her family and origins and role in the Republic's society.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

turbojoe

Forum Fanatic
Sep 27, 2021
Progress update...
View attachment 3003820
hello there! more than a thousand renderings done and I'm missing about a hundred more to finish Nashira... it will be bigger than the Megumin update but this one focuses more on Celeste's background, her family and origins and role in the Republic's society.

Sounds/looks good - barely can´t wait :p

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Progress update...
View attachment 3003820

Are you a darling or are you a darling?
Yes, on both accounts!
Alexander_Roslin_-_The_Lady_with_the_Veil_(the_Artist's_Wife)_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

JingleB

Sep 22, 2019
I love this story line. Might be the best I've encountered (amongst many other great stories) on this website. It's confusing to begin with but starting to take shape with each update. Orchestrated like a good novel. Worth the wait. And yes, the graphics are just as good. Keep up the amazing work!

NoobNoob-

Jun 3, 2021
Hey Dude! I really like, what your cooking here!
The art looks great and the characters feel really distinct.

What I would like you to add though, is some kind of glossary with short bios of the characters named in the story.
I don't know, if I'm alone with this, but it's sometimes difficult for me, to connect the names, to the character, they reference.
Also the pacing feels a bit off, but I guess that will be solved, once all the introductions and flashbacks are done and we continue the main plot.

Still... I really liked my playthrough and can't wait to play the coming update!

3.70 star(s) 29 Votes