KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Hi. There should be an installation info txt file in the Zip. But mostly it's: extract my Zip and move all the files into the .../game/ folder, overwriting files if asked.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Namco15

LillyKat

Dec 11, 2019
Got a suggestion to do a quick Mod for this game
(mostly added choice recommendations/WT for it)

===============================
Feb. 8, 2024
Updated my Mod for the new game version v0.4.5
===============================

Download Mod v0.4.5 (~2MB)
Pixeldrain -

Android port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod v0.4.5 (~640MB)
Pixeldrain -
Attention: if you used my previous port you must uninstall it first (old saves should be kept)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

some ingame pics of the Mod:
View attachment 2437157 View attachment 2437158 View attachment 2437159 View attachment 2437160
Thanks for naming the file with the game name first. It is impossible to describe how helpful this is. I go through and download and update a bunch of games at once periodically and all to the same folders. Usually people only put "patch" for extra files and it can be a real pain to have to stop everything and find the right one and rename it, etc.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Udayana and Namco15

Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
Not going to lie, just kind of lost me with the first few minutes of the game in between the spelling errors/sentence structures being wonky and the MC falling into the whole "seems badass but actually useless and bottom of the barrel" trope that SO many games employ.

There are other ways of offering adversity and driving narrative plot than just having the MC get absolutely toyed with, beg to be let go and then have her arm get cut off and left bleeding to death. I don't know, I guess I'm just at the point where this specific trope just annoys me greatly.

A+ for After Forever reference however.

buff

May 29, 2017
There are other ways of offering adversity and driving narrative plot than just having the MC get absolutely toyed with, beg to be let go and then have her arm get cut off and left bleeding to death. I don't know, I guess I'm just at the point where this specific trope just annoys me greatly.

That's fair, it almost lost me as well. Having played on, though, there is strong evidence that things are not as they seem in that scene. 99.99% certain that the MC is playing those two, and there is evidence she has some skills that alter perceptions and could explain the arm thing. She's definitely a badass of the first rank in that town.

• Hey there
Reactions: Namco15 and Udayana

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Not going to lie, just kind of lost me with the first few minutes of the game in between the spelling errors/sentence structures being wonky and the MC falling into the whole "seems badass but actually useless and bottom of the barrel" trope that SO many games employ.

Maybe you should it play it all the way througyh next time and actually read what's going on, then maybe you'd see how stupid your comments are.

Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
That's fair, it almost lost me as well. Having played on, though, there is strong evidence that things are not as they seem in that scene. 99.99% certain that the MC is playing those two, and there is evidence she has some skills that alter perceptions and could explain the arm thing. She's definitely a badass of the first rank in that town.
That's fine, doesn't take away from my point of first impression giving me a taste of a trope I despise. There's no internal monologue or anything to suggest other than what is initially perceived and if you're someone like me who's very tired of that specific trope, you wouldn't exactly be enclined to play another 5 to 10 hours of a game just to get to that revelation. This is why initial impressions of a game is important.

And don't get me wrong, the dev should make and write whatever he/she/they are passionate about, it just didn't vibe with me.

Maybe you should it play it all the way througyh next time and actually read what's going on, then maybe you'd see how stupid your comments are.
No post describing a persons opinion is inherently stupid, you're allowed to like the game while I am allowed to not like it solely from a first impression. Read my above response to understand why.

buff

May 29, 2017
That's fine, doesn't take away from my point of first impression giving me a taste of a trope I despise. There's no internal monologue or anything to suggest other than what is initially perceived and if you're someone like me who's very tired of that specific trope, you wouldn't exactly be enclined to play another 5 to 10 hours of a game just to get to that revelation. This is why initial impressions of a game is important.

And don't get me wrong, the dev should make and write whatever he/she/they are passionate about, it just didn't vibe with me.
To be clear, I'm with you, and I personally don't think it was a great choice. If theMC is actually a badass and is pulling a ruse twist was hinted at fairly shortly thereafter that'd be one thing, but there is actually a hell of a lot of content that builds the character up and shows rather than tells you that she's a well-respected and seriously tough cookie. From a narrative standpoint this is good stuff, but the reality is it's a game that is in work, not a completed novel; seeing this play out takes months of waiting for releases, not thirty minutes of reading. For that reason some kind of a hint would have been appropriate and appreciated.

To be fair though, we _do_ get a hint by how she handles herself in the opening scenes when meeting the Reds. It's just that we are so conditioned to expect shit writing in adult games that we are quick to assume "Oh, the writer is an idiot, and wants to have his character be both badass and a victim, without any effort at reconciling" because, as you point out, it has been done so many times in so many games that it is actually a trope. I think the expected (and more fair) reaction is "wait a minute, that self-confident bad-ass suddenly became a sniveling wimp-- something is up". But that requires trust in the writer, which is hard to come by around here.

Anyway, to TL,DR: Namco has earned my trust with the subsequent writing, and it saddens me to see this excellent story lose readers because it fails to accomodate some damage done by lesser writers.

Last edited:

Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
To be fair though, we _do_ get a hint by how she handles herself in the opening scenes when meeting the Reds. It's just that we are so conditioned to expect shit writing in adult games that we are quick to assume "Oh, the writer is an idiot, and wants to have his character be both badass and a victim, without any effort at reconciling" because, as you point out, it has been done so many times in so many games that it is actually a trope. I think the expected (and more fair) reaction is "wait a minute, that self-confident bad-ass suddenly became a sniveling wimp-- something is up". But that requires trust in the writer, which is hard to come by around here.

Anyway, to TL,DR: Namco has earned my trust with the subsequent writing, and it saddens me to see this excellent story lose readers because it fails to accomodate some damage done by lesser writers.
I'll just snip the first part as I don't disagree with you on any points there and I haven't played the game either, I am a sucker for well built buildups and narrative payoff.

The main issue with the opening scene is that we have no frame of reference as to what constitutes as strength. That monster displayed intelligence but we never got any indication of the strength of it in comparison to FMC or the like, which is why the scene we're discussing ends up falling into the light of that specific trope, as it's fairly often in media where you have a character that does badass shit in a badass scene only to find out that the things that character engaged in combat with were actually quite weak.

On top of this, the actual scene itself seems to be more from the perspective of the redheads, which for arguments sake also brings into question the use of an unreliable narrator, as they couldn't see FMC's movements but it doesn't necessarily mean that FMC is fast, just faster than they can perceive as they're untrained.

Basically, those two narrative choices essentially framed the FMC within that trope and doing either of them differently would've framed it in a different lighting so I am fairly certain it was done by choice; and that's fine. The dev is free to do and write however he wants, I just ended up not liking it.

Any literary piece, no matter how great it might be, will lose readers simply due to their preference.

buff

May 29, 2017
Basically, those two narrative choices essentially framed the FMC within that trope and doing either of them differently would've framed it in a different lighting so I am fairly certain it was done by choice; and that's fine. The dev is free to do and write however he wants, I just ended up not liking it.
Your (snipped) points are valid and I agree with them. My apologia above wasn't so much saying I agree with how he played it (I do not) as trying to demonstrate that it was a poor narrative decision and not an actual subscription to the trope in question.

Anyway, short of it is that I think I have similar concerns to yours, but I found that the VN still ended up being very enjoyable. My suggestion is to give it a go, if you're not irredeemably turned off to it already. The narrative structure is admittedly halfway to being a dumpster fire, but the rest of it- the characterizations, the art, the plot -- are quite good.

3.70 star(s) 29 Votes