Mar 25, 2021
I have to say I have never played this game
But from what I have read It's a pretty grindy sandbox type of game

I don't think that sort of game is very popular
I could be wrong of course.
That's just the feeling I get.

Plus, it sounds like it's very buggy.
And hard to follow the quests.
Most of the comments I have read are people asking for help.
That's not a good sign imo

Still the game obviously has very dedicated fans
So, I would feel bad for them if the game is abandoned.
I think we have all been there unfortunately.

Goodluck with the steam release dev.

dazdraperm

Jun 17, 2023
At least one of the people in the dev team is Ukrainian...
Dark Silver, as far as I know, is from Russia. After the start of the "special military operation" and the blocking of income sources from abroad, he fled the country with unkind words. Now he suddenly complains that in a foreign state (where he ran for a "better life") he only has enough money to pay rent. I'll repeat myself - this is predictable. He is not the first one like that.

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
Yeah I would actually prefer if they start a new game. Glamour is just kind of being stretched out at this point. The main characters stories are pretty much done. Alot of the events are just rehashes of whats come before. Might be a reason why his patreon is loosing subs.
if this took 5 people to make (which I doubt very much), and the new project would be him alone, then better for everybody if he just switch careers back to the office job, that new project with his skills would be dead on arrival

there were plenty of options to salvage both stories, but he just seemed to tank them almost on purpose, or expecting that people will keep supporting him for putting out with that garbage "repeat this 50 times" gameplay that leads nowhere

funny that the sister project - Another Story, where the plot also went about nowhere, got rebooted not that long ago

Skazitel

Dec 11, 2021
Dark Silver, as far as I know, is from Russia. After the start of the "special military operation" and the blocking of income sources from abroad, he fled the country with unkind words. Now he suddenly complains that in a foreign state (where he ran for a "better life") he only has enough money to pay rent. I'll repeat myself - this is predictable. He is not the first one like that.
He ran away and whined. I give a standing ovation. I didn't think Dark was from Russia

Lisandr666

Jun 12, 2017
In fact, everything is very simple. There are few people who know how to earn money with long-term projects and investments. And I'm not saying it's entirely their fault. Almost everyone wants to have a big income right now, and not patiently develop their business. So yes, DS fell victim to his greed.
The BB project brought him success and subscribers, now we can make many assumptions why he closed it. Perhaps all theories are correct, perhaps not. The fact remains - the development of the BB has been discontinued.
Glamour, the beginning went well, and then "something" went wrong.
IMHO: first the screenwriter left (and let DS claim that he is doing game's story, dialogues and events - I don't believe it), this is VERY clearly visible in the sharp decrease in the quality of the plot. In order to "save" the project, DS decided to introduce Max (as I understand it, to attract those who like the BB project). Bad idea that ruined everything. As already mentioned above, he was repeatedly told both in the telegram and on the patreon that this would not work and it would be much better to separate the projects. Yes, let them take place in one place, but that they were different games, but no, DS knows best of all, and besides, "subscribers decided so." The result is a steady decline in the number of subscribers.
We see the result of all this now, and again, instead of saying: “people, I was wrong and ruined the project with my stupid leadership,” some excuses begin.
P.S. excuses "this project is for the team" is laughable, seriously haha. As if there are ultra HD graphics with animation and a bunch of game mechanics. For comparison (NOT ads), I already gave an example, but I will give it again https://f95zone.to/threads/lucky-mark-v18-0-super-alex.5483/#post-228821. Dude solo created his first game. Yes, the ending could do with some work, as the ending scenes feel rushed, some of the chains of events during the game lack completion (in my opinion). But for the first independent development, I consider it a solid 4.5 out of 5.
P.P.S. Glamour is not a sandbox, Glamour is a visual novel with a LINEAR plot and grind for the sake of grind.

Gok

Jun 9, 2017
So.. when's the "Big brother: The glamorous rebuildening" starts? No really, whole Glamour with the school is so nothing burger.. And since BB is on rebuilding trend, why not DS do it too? He'd fire his cousins and do it solo using some of the posing/renders from glamour/orginal BB.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
P.P.S. Glamour is not a sandbox, Glamour is a visual novel with a LINEAR plot and grind for the sake of grind.
I think that's actually one of its big problems. It's not just a highly linear VN, it's more like a Kinetic Novel most of the time.
BB fell into this as well, once the options for getting rid of Eric were put in - No player choice or illusions of choice, just spamming clicks to progress.
When that began to happen in Glamour, it became evident that was only a matter of time before it got to the point of finding excuses to give.

Lisandr666

Jun 12, 2017
So.. when's the "Big brother: The glamorous rebuildening" starts? No really, whole Glamour with the school is so nothing burger.. And since BB is on rebuilding trend, why not DS do it too? He'd fire his cousins and do it solo using some of the posing/renders from glamour/orginal BB.
It is not yet known, but one thing I know for sure: I will not give a cent to DS. Because to screw up 2 projects with huge potential in this way, it must be purposefully ruined, or be an idiot, or all together.

• Angry
Reactions: JeffM80

Lisandr666

Jun 12, 2017
I think that's actually one of its big problems. It's not just a highly linear VN, it's more like a Kinetic Novel most of the time.
BB fell into this as well, once the options for getting rid of Eric were put in - No player choice or illusions of choice, just spamming clicks to progress.
When that began to happen in Glamour, it became evident that was only a matter of time before it got to the point of finding excuses to give.
Precisely, the correct genre is a kinetic novel, I forgot to correct it when translating. Thanks for the tip.
And I agree, linear history kills interest. No riddle, no challenge, no variety in the passage. And then there's not even a wrong choice to catch a gameover.
And yes, despite the fact that Eric was hated by 99.9% of the players, everyone admitted that without him it somehow became boring after a while. (Offtopic: respect to the one who picked up such a face for the Eric that even before he opened his mouth his rating in my personal shit-mentre was 9 out of 10, after the very first phrase it became 10 out of 10. End of offtopic.)

Lisandr666

Jun 12, 2017
Nice one :)
The Big rebuildening of Glamorous Brother sounds not bad as alternative too.

Reactions: Skazitel and Gok

dmitriiviktorov

Mar 4, 2018
Nice one :)
The Big rebuildening of Glamorous Brother sounds not bad as alternative too.
"The Little Mermaid Remake" changing color, gender and orientation will not help Max.

"Ремейк русалочки" смена цвета, пола и ориентации Максу не поможет.

Krugger

Aug 13, 2019
I always said that DS was shooting himself in the foot, one hour it surprised, another time it discouraged. Most of the time was discouraged. I already knew this was going to happen but I didn't believe it would happen so quickly. Now think with me, if he does the renders, writes the scripts, why work with 4+ people? I know he writes some apologies but this rental thing I know how it is. Sometimes I see people complain a lot, but they don't see certain devs that are 6-9 months without doing even an update and earning more than 30k dollars/euros. He at least released his updates every month or delayed but in up to two months an update appeared, of course most were repetitive scenes with changes of some piece of clothing and that explains why he had a team, because programming sandbox is extremely tiring.

funny that the sister project - Another Story, where the plot also went about nowhere, got rebooted not that long ago
Another reboot, that one knew how to deceive his fans well. His project started about three years ago, he just didn't know how to develop the story then he came up with the excuse that he was passing the g3 models to g8, and after that it stopped at version 0.9 and didn't know what to do and invented that it would move the g8 models to g9.
Sincerely? he didn't need to do that, he just did it to keep his audience because g8 models are great and g9 is still growing.
very few devs are using g9 (rarely do you see), most use 8 and 8.1 and there was no need. Until a while ago they were looking for a screenwriter, and funny that the update was almost ready but "suddenly" it started to delay.

Last edited:

willom34

Mar 16, 2018
It's a shame this game is running out of money. The renders, the story and the UI are really worked up
But it has 2 big problems
1) Doesn't have the best gameplay. Advance to the good sex scenes takes a lot of time
2) It has no animations. Without them the game could never compete in the market.

It's like comparing reading a comic to watching a movie, it will never have the same number of followers

I hope the release on steam can save the game, and then hire an animator

• Hey there
Reactions: Konstantin

chriskris

Jul 18, 2017
I came for Glamour, got BB as a 'extra story' never really liked BB.
Glamours updates falls down, and BB got more updates then Glamour.

Probably Glamour subs left. And now he's using all the excuses he could find to blame on 'us'.

Last edited:

Capuzzi09

Sep 26, 2017
It is not yet known, but one thing I know for sure: I will not give a cent to DS. Because to screw up 2 projects with huge potential in this way, it must be purposefully ruined, or be an idiot, or all together.
Well, I don't know exactly why other subscribers left the boat, but I can say why I did it.
I was once a supporter of DS on Patreon. Call me old school idiot or whatever, I just think when I play a game that I kinda like I should either buy it or support the developers so they can continue their work. Buying this game wasn't an option so I just subscribed on his patreon page and supported him with monthly charges.
Thing why I decided to unsubscribe is simple:
a) the story and the updates for this game went worse and worse over time
b) whenever I had a problem, a bug, not being able to connect to the server, whatever, I asked for help on the patreon page. And I never got a reply nor did I get any help not from DS himself neither from one of his mysterious team members. There was just no reply.
And that was the point where I thought: okay, DS, screw you. If you don't worship your supporters enough to even reply to their questions, justs go and shove a missile up your ass.

This is why I decided to not longer support him and his project. I could be wrong but it might be possible that others thought likewise.

Shiro187

Jun 20, 2017
Progress report

This post has been a long time coming. It's probably one of, if not the most important post in the history of this project.
Our team has five people:
I write the game's story, dialogues and events, model scenes, render them, and combine it all into working events.
Another person translates these posts and all text in the game.
Our designer edits the images and turns them into what you see in the game.
Our programmer works on the engine, keeps the server going, builds working versions of the updates, and provides technical support by fixing the bugs as they crop up.
We also have one more person who tests new builds, finds bugs in the old versions, and talks to the players in social media and reddit.

As you might have noticed, the number of our supporters on patreon has been going down in the last months and at this point it has reached a critical level. The money have dried down to the point where not only we earn less than we could if we worked in our respective fields, at this point we can barely pay our rent. And thanks to the war, some of us had to migrate to other countries, which increased our expenses, further exacerbating the problem.
So the question is what do we do now? We all have the bills to pay, we need an income. No one wants to abandon the project, especially after all the effort we've put in it.
The last couple of months we've been working on releasing the game on steam. We're pretty close and if the things go well we should release Glamour in steam this month. Once the game is bought, the future updates of the steam version will be free. That being said, the updates in the steam version will be behind the patreon version.
We don't want to leave patreon and this step is something we have to do to keep the game afloat. If the steam release is successful, we can worry about balancing both platforms in the future.
If the financial situation doesn't improve, we will have no choice but to seek other employments to stay alive.

We're still working on 0.58, but the progress is understandably slower than usual. Most of the images are already rendered, and we're planning to release it before the end of the month.
If the steam release is successful, then we'll be able to keep working on the game and maybe even increase our productivity. If not, the project will have to be frozen.

P.S.: Personally, now that I got to work on my passion project, I would rather not go back to an office job. That being said, I can't keep working on Glamour all by myself, it's far too much work. The project has been designed around a team from the ground up, it's not something that can be done by one person.

So, plan B. If Glamour stops being profitable enough to support our team, I'll work solo on something new. I have some ideas and might show it to you if Glamour meets its untimely demise. The graphical style, setting, gameplay, and many other aspects of the new project will be drastically different from Glamour.
I was actually talking about how this game dropped off a cliff the other a day! Honestly, I gave up on it when BB was scrapped in favour of glamour. I was completely uninterested in Kate’s story and I was doubly uninterested in playing a rehashed BB storyline with extra grind. It was obvious this was going to end the same way as many other Patreon games, milked to the point that it became unsustainable.

Honestly, DS and co. have no one else to blame but themselves. The continued source of income became more important than completing the project and so people moved on.

Steam also won’t save this game. Once word of mouth gets out that this is a grindy, unfocused story, with virtually nothing to do, the sales will flatline. DS just needs to admit the game failed and move on. That said, good luck trying to get support for a new project after milking this into irrelevance — this would be the second abandoned game.

As the saying goes: “fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.”

Last edited:

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
They need to realize that this game is simply bad. The event concept where you repeat the same thing 20 times with small increments each time is stupid. The story is stupid. There's no animations Other games are simply better.

Last edited:
Reactions: muschi123
2.60 star(s) 184 Votes