chriskris

Jul 18, 2017
Yep totally agree with Microtom.
a good example is the latest update. Max have to visit school program so many fking times to finally see the class get undressed etc.
OK, I understand it won't be in 1 class lesson. But it took me (fast calculating) 5 weeks (ingame) to get that progress like.... c'mon!

Summer

Jun 14, 2017
Du hast Glück. Kurz davor hatte ich einen Save, also konnte ich es überprüfen.
Seien Sie um 12:10 Uhr am Pool. Das hat bei mir funktioniert. Falls wichtig: Es war Samstag.
[/ZITIEREN]

Hallo,
Danke für deine Antwort.
Leider funktioniert das bei mir nicht.
Sie sind einfach nicht mehr zusammen am Pool.

123lxq

Jan 2, 2018
The latest Max's Sex ed event is boring, especially when I already finished all the other events before. I just skip every other days when they're not related to the event and it's not interesting. And what I get in the end are just more teasing scenes.
Another BIG problem is that the drawbacks caused by a lack of animation are emerging through the gameplay much more frequently.
At an early stage I can feel that I have a connection with Anne and other members at home(and Karen) because of the characterizations made by plotting or taboo relations, so I'm okay with rather plain images when it coms to sex scenes(the mind will do the work;)).
But for Maya? I don't know her, and to be honest there's nothing I get to know her. Since the role of teacher is commonly used in adult games, without other background shapings, Maya is only a mission to be completed. At this point, animations, expressions or even sounds can truly make a difference in sex scenes. But sadly none of these exists.

Reactions: ToTeras

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I think Capuzzi09 meant the concept of character models. The fact that the performance could be more lively, yes, I agree. But the character models themselves are well chosen, although I liked original Lisa's model from BB more.
Yes, I remember there was much wailing and rending of clothes when Lisa was introduced with that haircut. This haircut makes her look more precocious and less innocent.

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
Progress report

This post has been a long time coming. It's probably one of, if not the most important post in the history of this project.
Our team has five people:
I write the game's story, dialogues and events, model scenes, render them, and combine it all into working events.
Another person translates these posts and all text in the game.
Our designer edits the images and turns them into what you see in the game.
Our programmer works on the engine, keeps the server going, builds working versions of the updates, and provides technical support by fixing the bugs as they crop up.
We also have one more person who tests new builds, finds bugs in the old versions, and talks to the players in social media and reddit.

As you might have noticed, the number of our supporters on patreon has been going down in the last months and at this point it has reached a critical level. The money have dried down to the point where not only we earn less than we could if we worked in our respective fields, at this point we can barely pay our rent. And thanks to the war, some of us had to migrate to other countries, which increased our expenses, further exacerbating the problem.
So the question is what do we do now? We all have the bills to pay, we need an income. No one wants to abandon the project, especially after all the effort we've put in it.
The last couple of months we've been working on releasing the game on steam. We're pretty close and if the things go well we should release Glamour in steam this month. Once the game is bought, the future updates of the steam version will be free. That being said, the updates in the steam version will be behind the patreon version.
We don't want to leave patreon and this step is something we have to do to keep the game afloat. If the steam release is successful, we can worry about balancing both platforms in the future.
If the financial situation doesn't improve, we will have no choice but to seek other employments to stay alive.

We're still working on 0.58, but the progress is understandably slower than usual. Most of the images are already rendered, and we're planning to release it before the end of the month.
If the steam release is successful, then we'll be able to keep working on the game and maybe even increase our productivity. If not, the project will have to be frozen.

P.S.: Personally, now that I got to work on my passion project, I would rather not go back to an office job. That being said, I can't keep working on Glamour all by myself, it's far too much work. The project has been designed around a team from the ground up, it's not something that can be done by one person.

So, plan B. If Glamour stops being profitable enough to support our team, I'll work solo on something new. I have some ideas and might show it to you if Glamour meets its untimely demise. The graphical style, setting, gameplay, and many other aspects of the new project will be drastically different from Glamour.
I for one am sad that they are losing support, to the point which may stop game development entirely. I will say that in my opinion they made a decent game but too many mistakes along the way. Not to join the hate boys, who will list you all the unkept promises DS made since Adam & Eve and his notorious "biggest update ever" as compensation for yet another delay. Over-promising is sadly almost an industry standard in adult indy games. What went uniquely wrong in my opinion with DS is:

• 2 games developed simultaneously, creating negative comments every other month when Devs favor one character over the other. Trying to make everyone happy at once often makes everyone angry.
  • No antagonist, just an ever growing series of girls waiting to be fucked. I get it, Eric has a burn notice on him but any good game needs some sort of opposing power, which you need to overcome in order to "win". IF it can't be another Eric, then make anything else wrestle Max for pussy.. the law, criminals,
  • No character development. People often accuse Glamour of not having a story, that is strictly speaking not true. it does have a "story" but it is deeply flawed because it has no development. Max is the exact same spineless perv as on Day 1. He weaseled his way into the pants of all the girls but has not changed a bit in the process. He could actually behave more dominant now, have the girls take turns sucking his dick under the breakfast table while he is taking an important phone call, but no..
  • Too many side chicks. I do not know about you, but I mainly cared about the original "family" cast.. all the uni chicks are scenes where I click through with limited emotional investment.
  • A clear end goal. The game needs to give a sense when the story is told/over. Lord of the Rings told us from the very beginning, when the ring is destroyed the story is finished. It took a while to get there, but you knew the target and it felt as an accomplishment when it actually happens. In Glamour, there is no final achievement, not even a cheesy one (you could make "Ann finally gets it in the ass" the end goal)
That was my 5 cents, welcome your (civilized) thoughts!

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
I for one am sad that they are losing support, to the point which may stop game development entirely. I will say that in my opinion they made a decent game but too many mistakes along the way. Not to join the hate boys, who will list you all the unkept promises DS made since Adam & Eve and his notorious "biggest update ever" as compensation for yet another delay. Over-promising is sadly almost an industry standard in adult indy games. What went uniquely wrong in my opinion with DS is:

• 2 games developed simultaneously, creating negative comments every other month when Devs favor one character over the other. Trying to make everyone happy at once often makes everyone angry.
  • No antagonist, just an ever growing series of girls waiting to be fucked. I get it, Eric has a burn notice on him but any good game needs some sort of opposing power, which you need to overcome in order to "win". IF it can't be another Eric, then make anything else wrestle Max for pussy.. the law, criminals,
  • No character development. People often accuse Glamour of not having a story, that is strictly speaking not true. it does have a "story" but it is deeply flawed because it has no development. Max is the exact same spineless perv as on Day 1. He weaseled his way into the pants of all the girls but has not changed a bit in the process. He could actually behave more dominant now, have the girls take turns sucking his dick under the breakfast table while he is taking an important phone call, but no..
  • Too many side chicks. I do not know about you, but I mainly cared about the original "family" cast.. all the uni chicks are scenes where I click through with limited emotional investment.
  • A clear end goal. The game needs to give a sense when the story is told/over. Lord of the Rings told us from the very beginning, when the ring is destroyed the story is finished. It took a while to get there, but you knew the target and it felt as an accomplishment when it actually happens. In Glamour, there is no final achievement, not even a cheesy one (you could make "Ann finally gets it in the ass" the end goal)
I get it, we are perverts here and kinda like to forget, but there is no need to extra antagonist as a male, it's already here and called social norms. :D Owning a harem is hard, incest relation is hard and incest harem is extra hard :D Just need a good writer.

chriskris

Jul 18, 2017

Your first point why 'we' are writing hate messages. is because of Silver himself.
He once said when he introduced BB into Glamour. He would update Glamour and the next update will be BB, and so he switch back and fort. But then he changed he's mind to 2 months BB 1 month Glamour. Later he even started making polls and see who get's the more votes for 'next update', but even if Glamour got more votes he sticked to BB.... Actually if he sticked to what he said. I don't think there's so many hate comments as it is now. It's something he created it.

Never played the old BB so I don't know who Eric is. But getting into every girl/woman 'creating a harem I could accept it.' If the story was written good. And so far BB is kind of bad. If u ask me.

Glamour had a story early game, but after that a lot of side missions came with a lot of unavoidable main quest. For example one of her classmates tells MC to go naked into the gym etc. Like how about a no??? Yet let us continue the 'story'
Silver kind of made the MC very cheap and lost some self respect (if u ask me)
And a lot of classmates doesn't have a good 'background story' I kind of like Sophie, but can't rly do much with her then being 'friends'.

Kind of said it above, classmates doesn't rly have a big role into it. Except Sophie and another 2/3 classmates the rest is invisible.

Dunno how far the stories are in Silvers mind. 40% or 50%. But looking at those kind of quest + side quest. It didn't felt like we was halfway through the story yet.

PS: There's a lot of 'extra' content that could make the game "Glamour" good/great.
For example, let MC buy new clothing at store. We could go to the supermarket to by drinks/food/pills. Why not clothing??? That we could wear outside of school time?

Laptop could have been more use then what we have now.

Last edited:

Capuzzi09

Sep 26, 2017
I think Capuzzi09 meant the concept of character models. The fact that the performance could be more lively, yes, I agree. But the character models themselves are well chosen, although I liked original Lisa's model from BB more.
I fully agree with that. Also with the Lisa model, I also liked the one from BB more. All female models are really pretty though.

ANGEL_KATE

Nov 18, 2018
That was just rude for no reason :/ I'm just trying to get it to open. Would you perhaps have any helpful advice?
why for no reason, very even for a reason. You have blocked the exe file and are trying to start the game. It's the same as stepping on the gas with an empty gas tank.
About your save files, they are stored on the C drive if it's a standalone version. The address where the save files are located has already been indicated in my previous posts.

• Angry
Reactions: Savor

JeffM80

Jun 21, 2017
This was the main one for me. Everyone was arguing between more Kate or more Lisa/Alice/Ann/Kira and instead DS added Max with randoms. The teachers were cool secondary characters which could be naturally dominant with Kate/Lisa but the classmates are just extra vaginas for Max which could have been the ones we actually care about seeing.

Reactions: Zane11 and jan.spam

tuekop

Aug 26, 2020

So, plan B. I have some ideas and might show it to you if Glamour meets its untimely demise. The graphical style, setting, gameplay, and many other aspects of the new project will be drastically different from Glamour.
Its already being planned good for you dev, for being clear, but is this another icstor infamous jutsu ? feels like it migh happened :ROFLMAO:

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Its already being planned good for you dev, for being clear, but is this another icstor infamous jutsu ? feels like it migh happened :ROFLMAO:
Topher isn't Dark Silver...
Dark Silver has 0/3 completed games, whilst ICSTOR had around half a dozen before issue arose with Milfy City.

Original Glamour was abandoned, Big Brother was abandoned, and the Glamour remake got the start of a BB remake put in before it was even finished. Now both remakes are at risk of being abandoned which arguably could make four abandoned games.
At this rate, DS might catch up to ICSTOR in terms of number of projects, but being the inverse when/if he completes even one.

drea2

Sep 21, 2019
Tbh honest I only follow the game for the BB part and the last updates are so bad. between having a character each day that ask you to do an event, between the evnts that you can only do twice a week and the fact I don't care at all about the college.
This gam always had an horrible UX but now it's just not playable.

Reactions: Kaiadas

tuekop

Aug 26, 2020
Topher isn't Dark Silver...
Dark Silver has 0/3 completed games, whilst ICSTOR had around half a dozen before issue arose with Milfy City.

Original Glamour was abandoned, Big Brother was abandoned, and the Glamour remake got the start of a BB remake put in before it was even finished. Now both remakes are at risk of being abandoned which arguably could make four abandoned games.
At this rate, DS might catch up to ICSTOR in terms of number of projects, but being the inverse when/if he completes even one.

I see... haha

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
The game doesn't even have animations but not on Ren'Py. He put BB reboot late to try to get them to come back and support. They hated Lisa new hairstyle and he was stubborn. Then when we finally get to fuck the family members. We literally get punished and turned into a fem dom game. I wouldn't be surprise if he have Ann fucking Max with a strap on.

Reactions: Zane11 and Kaiadas
2.60 star(s) 184 Votes