popober

Jun 9, 2017
Can't help but be wary of anything that compares itself to Big Brother, especially as the first line in the technical information. That game is absolute trash, I don't even understand why it's so popular. So this will have "a lot more freedom" than a game where the only thing you can do is grind for diddly squat? That's a very low bar.

Aqqh

Jul 12, 2017
The sooner this game fails the sooner he will reboot BB. CAN'T WAIT FOR IT.
Muhahahah
There's one difference between these games that you've missed
There's a limited amount of things you can add to BB until it becomes boring. Sooner or later it would become like 12th season of a TV show that was good once, but now it's just old.

And a game like this one - he can develop it for years and there would still be new paths to follow or new NPCs to meet.
Take a look at Girl Life for example - how many years they are working on it already?
The way I see it he wants this game to give him a steady source of income for MANY years to come.

So there would be fewer supporters than for BB? Who cares. The guy is a Russian. Several hundreds of ppl paying him 1$ a month is probably well over average salary over there already...

ElJimboGrande

Jan 30, 2018
The guy is a Russian. Several hundreds of ppl paying him 1$ a month is probably well over average salary over there already
It's true that average russian salary is somewhere in 500-800 USD range. But he also claims that he has a team of several people and that he doesn't live in Russia anymore.

Gunzman7T

May 30, 2017
I think DS is being a paranoid and lil bit of narcissist to put DRM in this game. After what happened in his last game he should gather our trust and support rather doing this kind of AAA dev style thing.

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
To put a DRM is not about being paranoid, it's about being greedy and if you're not a big company then it also means you're arrogant and again it also means you're clueless if you're using a supporter system to earn money which highly depends on the goodwill of the dev and the supporters.

But there's also people who will continue to support a dev/company/product even if the dev lie, cheat, con, mock, etc. them.

SDaddy666

May 5, 2017
if its good, someone will crack the fuck outta this game and DS will go back into crying in his corner. If it's not, well, o big loss.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
The sooner this game fails the sooner he will reboot BB. CAN'T WAIT FOR IT.
You'll be waiting a lot then... Patreon gave DS an ultimatum, he eiter completely stopped BB development or they would cut ties with him.

Besides, it's pretty clear (even someone with half a brain would realize) that DS was pretty much burned out from working with BB. He clearly didn't want to work on it anymore.

Andu18s

Dec 7, 2017
Say whatever you want but the image quality is top notch. I won't write about the amount of content in 0.1 or the fact that the protagonist is a girl (personally I have no problem with this) but is still too early to say if Glamour is or is not a good game.

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
To go on with Glamour is a waste of time. It was abandoned once, and i think it will be abondoned again soon when patrons will stop paying for this. I want to be patron of BB if the game goes on, but i'll not patron for this...
Besides, server side?, no cheats?, no saves?...or having to pay more for those things?. Thanks but not me.
Old Glamour was abandoned so they could focus on BB but with Patreons crackdown, DS was forced to do a new game but instead of making a brand new game, DS decided to bring Glamour back to life but starting over (like a updated game).......Old Glamour was for Russian testing type thing

M-77

Sep 18, 2017
In the old previous version you have to put a Tampon in the Toilet, so it is Blocked. Then you can call a Plumber or similar and he can made the Doors unlocked or give you a lockpick. If i remember corectly.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I think DS is being a paranoid and lil bit of narcissist to put DRM in this game. After what happened in his last game he should gather our trust and support rather doing this kind of AAA dev style thing.
Few AAA devs still go for DRM shit aside of MMO games. Requiring me to be online to play the game that I support? WTF?
Yes, I am 99% online and 95% of that time my internet connection is stable. But that shit annoys me.
As I said, if he keeps at this, I may cancel my support.

I Steal Your Cats
Donor
Oct 4, 2017
Guys, It's 0.1. What are you all expecting? Pro Tip: always wait for 0.3+ then make your decisions. Making your decision on 0.1 is bizarre. As no game has "Alot" of content. Probably between 15-30mins.
Just be patient and wait it out for a few months, I'm sure it will be worth it.

Quality > Quantity, Imo.

2.60 star(s) 184 Votes