Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
His biggest mistake was that he never finished/continued BB and his excuse of patreon won't leave him or anything else is bs really. A lot of other devs have their own website which they release the game on and collect money through patreon and never mention the plot or anything of the sort. If DS had got a website up and running and changed his patreon page to Glamour so he was obeying the rules then he could collect his money and continue BB and release it on his website, and all the while work on Glamour on the side during that time so when the time was right he could release a fully functioning Glamour and it might have dominated F95.
Thats what i said the moment he dropped BB but it appears to be fine to not do shit on both games and still get paid for basically nothing.
We will see in the coming weeks how many ppl will leave DS behind.

Reactions: Khada and stelleion

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
Holy shit, never seen so much bashing on just a tech demo before. At least give them a chance and some time before raising your pitchforks..

My only small critic so far would be the lack of body variation for females and requirement of internet to play. Other than that though, I have high expectations regarding this project :)

Mario8080

Apr 27, 2017
Wait a moment!
Does it needs of an Internet connection?
And then it downloads other parts of the game?
Is the server in Russia?

*** SOMETHING THAT I CANNOT CHECK WITH AN ANTIVIRUS ? ***

Sorry, I dont trust him. I dont download and run on my machine something that can from one day to another turn into a cryptovirus or worse!

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Holy shit, never seen so much bashing on just a tech demo before. At least give them a chance and some time before raising your pitchforks..

My only small critic so far would be the lack of body variation for females and requirement of internet to play. Other than that though, I have high expectations regarding this project :)

There's no need to give them a chance. They're pulling the same "extremely slow build to soak patreons" that they pulled with their previous game, which they abandoned right as it started getting to the good stuff, to start this project.

dmitriiviktorov

Mar 4, 2018
DS перепугает ещо больше, если начнёт выплывать сообщение в меню что вы зашли не с того ip или подтверждение личности через почту или мобильный телефон как это тролит стим.
Лучшее место для сервера - это датацентр в Сколково.
DS will scare even more if it starts to pop up a message in the menu that you went to the wrong ip or confirmation of the identity via mail or mobile phone as it touches Steam.
The best place for the server is the data center in Skolkovo.

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
There's no need to give them a chance. They're pulling the same "extremely slow build to soak patreons" that they pulled with their previous game, which they abandoned right as it started getting to the good stuff, to start this project.
Which makes you wonder why ppl still support him. I mean he pulls this for the third time now. You would think ppl saw trough it by now.

thanatos69

Oct 28, 2016
Is it that hard to make it a VN, tell the story and be done with it? DS' favourite fetish has to be grinding otherwise I don't understand why he's going through all this trouble for potentially nothing. Remember that Patreon banned certain fetishes and it won't be the last time. Soon they will come after all adult games and he'll be left with just a framework.

dmitriiviktorov

Mar 4, 2018
DS и на Антарктиде найдёт своих морозоустойчивых пауков
DS and Antarctica will find its frost-resistant spiders

Burai

Oct 1, 2017
Yeah, I guess, sounds logical.

Here's a comparision from two different developers, one of them has a so called team and is a very big patreon earner with very powerful hardware (no animations), the other one is just a one guy army with a crappy hardware and has 1/5 amount of patrons (his game is fully animated):
Reminds me when Metro 2033/Last Light was being developed, they were poor Ukrainians only funded with Passion and Vodka and they had to smuggle fucking PC resources across borders just to make the damn game and it runs great, and plays great. Also reminds me of a clip from "Silicon Valley" Here's a clip where working your ass off with minimum funding can show great progress especially when earning reputation. Instead of getting handed assloads of money and throwing out a bare minimum product

dmitriiviktorov

Mar 4, 2018
Game requires internet connection to the devs server.

Hi Zuckerberg!
я лично авторизовался на патрионе через фейсбук а у когото карта привязана к гуглу
I personally logged on to the patriot through facebook and the card is tied to google

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Reminds me when Metro 2033/Last Light was being developed, they were poor Ukrainians only funded with Passion and Vodka and they had to smuggle fucking PC resources across borders just to make the damn game and it runs great, and plays great. Also reminds me of a clip from "Silicon Valley" Here's a clip where working your ass off with minimum funding can show great progress especially when earning reputation. Instead of getting handed assloads of money and throwing out a bare minimum product
Other examples would be
Mount & Blade series
Cuphead
Kerbal Space Program
The Binding of Isaac
Stardew Valley
Limbo
Inside
Into the Breach
Factorio
Celeste
Axiom Verge
Firewatch
Rust

And many many more.

Good games dont take alot of money only passion and hard work so the argument of some here to defend DS makes no sense. Others can produce similar if not better quality content in less time.

PS: The Witcher (the first one) was also made by a very small dev team who no one knew at the time and look what they did with the series and as a dev team in total. They are without a doubt one of the best devs out there.

Aqqh

Jul 12, 2017
DS is dead as a dev. It was fun while it lasted but it was obvious after 5 months of no content that he will go down after losing half his patreons in the process.

IN the past 5 months he pissed of nearly all his patreons. With this it seems the rest of them are leaving as well.
Non the less apart from the grind i enjoyed BB. Maybe someone else will take his place lets wait and see.
as you can easily check on his patreon, he has 60% done of his "I will drop everything else and work full throttle on this project" done.
During the last month, he lost 1%.

So IMO keep on dreaming - I bet in a month or two Glamour would be developed enough to give him a steady supply of money for a long time.
Which means you can start considering BB as a project that is dead and buried / considered as complete.

Aqqh

Jul 12, 2017
and he still has 60%.
ever since I started checking his profile (after he released glamour 0.1) I've never seen more than 61

And that's this 1% I've been talking about.

So he lost a lot of support after announcing that BB won't be continued. If by now there are still is no announcements that BB will be continued after all, then I bet he's planning to proceed with Glamour - whether you all like it or not.

dmitriiviktorov

Mar 4, 2018
ד.י. געניוס - אויב ער ענדיקט די אַנטוויקלונג פון זיין פּרויעקט אין אַ פּאָר פון חדשים, די געלט וועט באַצאָלן אים בלויז פֿאַר דערלויבעניש, איך צווייפל אַז עס וועט זיין וואַלאַנטירז אין דערצו צו אַ שרייַבער כערד דורך אים וואָס וועט אַריבערפירן 10,000 אותיות צו אנדערע שפּראַכן פֿאַר פֿרייַ, און עס וועט נישט זיין קיין קול אַקטינג.
DS гений - он если и закончит развивать свой проект через пару месяцев то деньги так и будут ему платить только за авторизацию, я сомневаюсь что найдутся добровольци помимо нанятого им писателя кто будет бесплатно переводить 10000 знаков на другие языки, да и озвучка не планируется.
DS genius - if he finishes developing his project in a couple of months, then the money will pay him only for authorization, I doubt that there will be volunteers in addition to the writer who hired them, who will transfer 10,000 characters for other languages for free, and there will not be any voice acting.

dmitriiviktorov

Mar 4, 2018
MAN OF THE HOUSE many language support
MAN OF THE HOUSE много язычная поддержка
מענטש פון די הויז פילע שפּראַך שטיצן

2.60 star(s) 184 Votes