summerjo

May 9, 2017
Wel, to those who wish to buy laptop follow this steps:
open debug window. ctrl+shift+i
inspect element of the button you wish to buy ( choose selector and point click on needed buy button) it will pickup overlay div, adjust position of that element so it will not cover that button.
repeat steps untill there are no divs blocking that img.

if you delete that div it may crash game so you have to reload.. and repeat steps again.

Once done that you can buy laptop.
I'm too much of an idiot
I can't figure it out. I will just wait for the fix

Yoli

Aug 28, 2018
It's nearly good :
I Have your screen, the only difference between you and me is the size of the selected laptop (in the blue square) :
For me it's : 178.5x170 (but it's according to the size of my screen, for me, not in full screen)
But in the debug menu, no difference with your screen
Briefly, now, what to do... ?

Last edited:

belec

Aug 15, 2017
It's nearly good :
I Have your screen, the only difference between you and me is the size of the selected laptop (in the blue square) :
For me it's : 178.5x170 (but it's according to the size of my screen, for me, not in full screen)
But in the debug menu, no difference with your screen
Briefly, now, what to do... ?
as you can see that div element is blocking button to buy laptop, you can change it 's position by adjusting top and left.. and that's not the only div which is blocking that buy button. so you have to do it atleast 2 times.. there actually 3 divs that block it.. but third one is bit bellow so if you click on top side it will be good.

Yoli

Aug 28, 2018
as you can see that div element is blocking button to buy laptop, you can change it 's position by adjusting top and left.. and that's not the only div which is blocking that buy button. so you have to do it atleast 2 times.. there actually 3 divs that block it.. but third one is bit bellow so if you click on top side it will be good.
Thank you for you efforts...
For you, it’s obvious, for me, I find it difficult to follow.

VIPJörg

Jul 18, 2018
I am trying to provide a better way of importing old save games but for now you can use this workaround:

How to import old save games into Glamour 0.27

* updated version *

• Use GlamourEdit to export your savegame to a JSON file.
  • Open Glamour 0.27 and press CTRL+Shift+I
  • A new window will open, on the bottom half you should now see a console where you can enter text. (Click on the Console tab at the top if you can't see it).
  • Paste the following code in there (make sure you copy all of it):
  • JavaScript:
    const uploadElement = document.createElement("input");
    const prepareDom = () => {
      uploadElement.type = "file";
      uploadElement.addEventListener("change", () => {
        const reader = new FileReader();
        let file = uploadElement.files[0];
        reader.addEventListener("load", function () {
          importSavegame(reader.result);
        }, false);
        reader.readAsText(file);
      });
      document.body.appendChild(uploadElement);
    };
    const importSavegame = (savegame) => {
      try {
        character = JSON.parse(savegame).currentCharacterId;
        if (character === undefined) {
          showInfo("Could not detect character of the provided save game. Exiting...");
          return;
        }
        console.log(character);
        insertNewSave(character, savegame);
      } catch (error) {
        showInfo("Something went wrong. Make sure you selected an unencrpyted version of your save game");
      }
    };
    const insertNewSave = (character, savegame) => {
      let highestSlot = Object.keys(localStorage).filter(n => n.startsWith("save:" + character)).map(item => parseInt(item.split(":")[3]));
      let freeSlot = Math.max(-1, ...highestSlot);
      let currentTime = Math.round((new Date).getTime() / 1000);
      localStorage[`save:${character}:${currentTime}:${++freeSlot}`] = savegame;
      showInfo("Your savegame should be imported now.");
      document.body.removeChild(uploadElement);
    };
    const showInfo = alert;
    prepareDom();
  • Press ENTER. If everything went well you will now see a file picker at the top left of your screen labeled "Choose File". If the game is hanging or not responding, close the game and repeat the steps.
  • Click on that button and select the JSON file you exported earlier.
  • You will get a success message if your savegame was imported properly. If not, make sure you selected the right file.
  • The Choose File button will now vanish. Close the developer tools by pressing CTRL+Shift+I again (you can also just restart the game, but it's not necessary)
  • Go to the "LOAD GAME" screen. Your savegame should now appear in that list granted you have the correct character selected.

* alternative version *
  • Use GlamourEdit to export the savegame you want to play to a JSON file.
  • Open Glamour 0.27 and start a new game and choose the same character your old savegame uses.
  • Once inside the game, click the cog wheels, select SAVE GAME and save your game. You will be redirected back to the main menu.
  • Open the JSON file you exported earlier in a text editor of your choice and copy its content to your clipboard
    • Alternatively just select the save in GlamourEdit, click on the editor on the right, press CTRL+A to select all and CTRL+C to copy to clipboard.
  • Do whatever way you prefer but the result must be that your old unencrypted save game is now in your clipboard.
  • Back in the game press CTRL+Shift+I to open the Chrome Developer Tools.
  • Select the tab "Application" at the top (if you dont see it, try resizing the new window that opened and make it bigger or click on », then Application.
  • On the left side click on the arrow next to Local Storage to expand it, then click on file://.
  • In the list that showed up check the Key column and look for a string that starts with save. For example: save:kate:1593106068:0. If you selected max it will save max instead. Pick the the one with the highest number at the end after the last colon :)). (The format of this string is always save:<maincharacter>:<unixtimestamp>:<slotid>)
  • Doubleclick on the text in the "Value" column and you'll notice the whole text will be selected. Press CTRL+V to paste and overwrite this text.
  • Press CTRL+Shift+I again to close the Chrome Developer Tools. Back in the game click on Load Game.
    You should now see your old save. You should load it and save it again ingame to make sure it stored it correctly.

TL;DR: DS included the developer tools in this release for whatever reason which makes it very easy to access the browser that's powering the game. Replace a value in the local storage with your save contents and the game will recognize it.

To make it easier in the future we should probably implement a modified loading system in the game. I attached the (somewhat) unobfuscated source code of the game in case anyone feels like doing that. Relevant code starts at line 5624.

Cheers,
Hey where can i get JSON file

Joe Shmedly

Oct 31, 2017
I'm having two issues, the first is that I can't retrieve money from the cameras. When I access the laptop and go to the Big Brother site I can access the cameras but the option to retrieve the funds isn't there. It has a message, "The cameras have earned you over $2000 total. Currently, this is the maximum amount you can earn. In the future the game will have more ways to spend money and we'll remove this restriction". The funds however are not accessible.

The second issue is that I'm not getting an allowance anymore, so the only way I've been able to make money is through cleaning the pool which is only accessible every few days.

Any help would be appreciated.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Yes, I have noticed that Lisa is a lot less innocent in Glamour. She is definitely showing more agency. Max has even remarked to himself that not pushing Lisa seems to be working well, perhaps a fourth wall reference to BB.
Not really a fourth-wall reference.
Part of the later content is dependant on Lisa's idea, and her work, to manipulate Ann into resuming her sex ed, and ends with Max being able to choose between Ann or Lisa to give him head in Ann's bedroom. It was in either the second-last or third-last update before what's currently available in BB.
Even before that point, it was already clear that Lisa wasn't as "innocent" as she made out, especially if you'd followed the unfinished Oliva GF path, and even the paths where she's Max's GF - agreeing to oral and anal lessons with Max & Kira, performing for Alice's webcam shows with Max and regular threesomes with them too.

Reusing much of the same content ideas means that it's somewhat quicker to implement those things in Max's side of Glamour, with the greater time being devoted to the new renders and coding, and minor alterations to the details.

Reactions: groq

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
O rly? ;)

'Cause I was specifically talking about content in BB...
Interesting. I haven't encountered that scene in BB yet. Perhaps once I finish with current Glamour content, I'll pay around in BB for a bit. Thanks.

I'm having two issues, the first is that I can't retrieve money from the cameras. When I access the laptop and go to the Big Brother site I can access the cameras but the option to retrieve the funds isn't there. It has a message, "The cameras have earned you over $2000 total. Currently, this is the maximum amount you can earn. In the future the game will have more ways to spend money and we'll remove this restriction". The funds however are not accessible.

The second issue is that I'm not getting an allowance anymore, so the only way I've been able to make money is through cleaning the pool which is only accessible every few days.

Any help would be appreciated.
Yeah, we've been talking about that on the Patreon page as well. I initially played from my last save before the update, and at $447, it told me that I'd received $2000. I went back to day 3 to install the cameras again. This time, I maxed out somewhere between $800 and $900. Frustrating. I'm not yet to the losing allowance stage. I've heard that we need $1000 at one point, so I'm trying to be very frugal...

Last edited:

swilliam

May 26, 2017
Nice game, How to buy buttplug? i try pressing everything on the screen and i cant get it
Probably something obvious like everything else in this game, you just need to do it right and on the exact minute on that special day, if you miss it the game will continue and you will only realize you are stuck and blocked from continuing that quest line half a dozen hours later.

Getting a bit irritated trying to play this game, I have realized its kind amazing it even starts judging by how completely fucked everything else is with it...

BrotherNewt

Sep 10, 2017
As some one who hasn't played this yet (But did play BB) what's the overall opinion on this game? Is it worth getting into now and investing time or is it a complete meh/naf game

2.60 star(s) 183 Votes