gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
Pretty obvious you did not get that I was joking with you and you failed to get the joke - zooooom, parted your hair even.
Hmm, wasn't obvious to me, but english isn't my native tongue... :p

If you read just down to the next paragraph DS says what should be in the part 1 update.
Yeah, old stuff from previous events, that's why I said I guess that's all we get here...

Kickus

Jan 10, 2019
the bug fix for 0.29 offline has been released. I had my game saved at midnight and while online, loaded the game and waited til loading finished. did get black screen with no images but once I closed the game then reloaded when offline, it worked.
As I said a few hours ago - silent update :)

Tricky-Bike

Nov 27, 2018
Does the offline version update the bug fix?

I have disabled firewall and opened the game with internet connection but it is stuck on loading screen

Reactions: sazge99

Kaiadas

Aug 17, 2017
played the update to the end, and even though the dialogue moves fine, there's loads of picture fetch errors(missing images).

ibrahimovich87

Aug 5, 2016
Important: Starting with Glamour v0.27 savegames don't need to be decrypted anymore and thus GlamourEdit is neither working nor needed any longer on newer versions.

How to import old save games into Glamour 0.27

* updated version *

• Use GlamourEdit to export your savegame to a JSON file.
  • Open Glamour 0.27 and press CTRL+Shift+I
  • A new window will open, on the bottom half you should now see a console where you can enter text. (Click on the Console tab at the top if you can't see it).
  • Paste the following code in there (make sure you copy all of it):
  • JavaScript:
    const uploadElement = document.createElement("input");
    const prepareDom = () => {
    uploadElement.type = "file";
    uploadElement.addEventListener("change", () => {
    const reader = new FileReader();
    let file = uploadElement.files[0];
    reader.addEventListener("load", function () {
    importSavegame(reader.result);
    }, false);
    reader.readAsText(file);
    });
    document.body.appendChild(uploadElement);
    };
    const importSavegame = (savegame) => {
    try {
    character = JSON.parse(savegame).currentCharacterId;
    if (character === undefined) {
    showInfo("Could not detect character of the provided save game. Exiting...");
    return;
    }
    console.log(character);
    insertNewSave(character, savegame);
    } catch (error) {
    showInfo("Something went wrong. Make sure you selected an unencrpyted version of your save game");
    }
    };
    const insertNewSave = (character, savegame) => {
    let highestSlot = Object.keys(localStorage).filter(n => n.startsWith("save:" + character)).map(item => parseInt(item.split(":")[3]));
    let freeSlot = Math.max(-1, ...highestSlot);
    let currentTime = Math.round((new Date).getTime() / 1000);
    localStorage[`save:${character}:${currentTime}:${++freeSlot}`] = savegame;
    showInfo("Your savegame should be imported now.");
    document.body.removeChild(uploadElement);
    };
    const showInfo = alert;
    prepareDom();
  • Press ENTER. If everything went well you will now see a file picker at the top left of your screen labeled "Choose File". If the game is hanging or not responding, close the game and repeat the steps.
  • Click on that button and select the JSON file you exported earlier.
  • You will get a success message if your savegame was imported properly. If not, make sure you selected the right file.
  • The Choose File button will now vanish. Close the developer tools by pressing CTRL+Shift+I again (you can also just restart the game, but it's not necessary)
  • Go to the "LOAD GAME" screen. Your savegame should now appear in that list granted you have the correct character selected.

* alternative version *
  • Use GlamourEdit to export the savegame you want to play to a JSON file.
  • Open Glamour 0.27 and start a new game and choose the same character your old savegame uses.
  • Once inside the game, click the cog wheels, select SAVE GAME and save your game. You will be redirected back to the main menu.
  • Open the JSON file you exported earlier in a text editor of your choice and copy its content to your clipboard
    • Alternatively just select the save in GlamourEdit, click on the editor on the right, press CTRL+A to select all and CTRL+C to copy to clipboard.
  • Do whatever way you prefer but the result must be that your old unencrypted save game is now in your clipboard.
  • Back in the game press CTRL+Shift+I to open the Chrome Developer Tools.
  • Select the tab "Application" at the top (if you dont see it, try resizing the new window that opened and make it bigger or click on », then Application.
  • On the left side click on the arrow next to Local Storage to expand it, then click on file://.
  • In the list that showed up check the Key column and look for a string that starts with save. For example: save:kate:1593106068:0. If you selected max it will save max instead. Pick the the one with the highest number at the end after the last colon :)). (The format of this string is always save:<maincharacter>:<unixtimestamp>:<slotid>)
  • Doubleclick on the text in the "Value" column and you'll notice the whole text will be selected. Press CTRL+V to paste and overwrite this text.
  • Press CTRL+Shift+I again to close the Chrome Developer Tools. Back in the game click on Load Game.
    You should now see your old save. You should load it and save it again ingame to make sure it stored it correctly.

TL;DR: DS included the developer tools in this release for whatever reason which makes it very easy to access the browser that's powering the game. Replace a value in the local storage with your save contents and the game will recognize it.

To make it easier in the future we should probably implement a modified loading system in the game. I attached the (somewhat) unobfuscated source code of the game in case anyone feels like doing that. Relevant code starts at line 5624.

Cheers,
yeah you may as well wait or play the online version if you have access to it.
you may have to close the game and reopen it. The offline versions have had an issue where images on opening screen don't display correctly the first time
It is essentially Kate getting implemented into Max's story. release notes
A bit of both depending on what you consider a grind and how good you are able to manage your time.
Its Bugged. The code to trigger the new content is missing.
The new content in this update is for Max not Kate, so unless you are playing the online version it should be bugged for you as well
This is the new content trigger and it is missing code
The new content is for Max's story but it is featuring Kate.
It is the new content trigger
Why would we need to start over? Max's stats will only matter when he starts studying for school and getting tutored. That is a very clear cut starting point to make them work. What content have you seen so far that would be affected by his stats?
This is not the problem. I even loaded an old save with only $400 and it still didn't work. According to fsck the game is missing the code to initialize the new content.
If you are trying to load from a new download of .29 and not from an updated .27 or .28 then yes.
.28 was Kate, .29 is Max. .29's primary content is Kate's maid and massage questlines from Max's point of view plus some of Kate and Alice at night on Alice's show.
So there's not any possibility for save?

waltage

May 19, 2017
Loss of saves again, maybe you should finally hire a good programmer?

we need to finally take action against those who do this

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
Sorry guys. Does the available update 0.29 include the bugfix? I‘ve now read some pages here but i found nothing clear about it. :unsure:

sazge99

Jan 11, 2020
Does the offline version update the bug fix?

I have disabled firewall and opened the game with internet connection but it is stuck on loading screen
100% This has happened to my since 0.27. I can't ever get passed it. I even signed up to the Patreon and paid money for the release. Re-downloaded the entire thing from DarkSilver himself, and same fking think. I havent been able to get this game to work since 0.25 offline.

dirgetka

Aug 17, 2017
I'm getting a softlock when I try to cash out on the camsite webpage. Essentially I can move the mouse and highlight buttons but clicking does nothing. Is this how the bug everyone was talking about manifests? I downloaded the 0.29 build in the OP this morning (i.e. about 2-3 hours ago) which I thought had it fixed. Do I need to unblock the game in my firewall so it can update itself or something?

EDIT: aha, that was it. Unblocking it from my firewall led to a really long startup time (I'm assuming an update), then the event for cashing out triggered as soon as I hit continue. Try that if you're having the same problems I did

Last edited:
2.60 star(s) 184 Votes