NachoCheese

Dec 10, 2017
Some more follow-up on this:

The client is providing a unique identification token and action and parameters to the server through an API call (/api/update), which is responding with the next transient game state (stuff that should be known to the player right now: game time, location, stats, items, etc).

In reviewing data from that update call, I found a minimum latency of ~280ms, median latency of ~380ms, mean latency of ~630ms, however several requests exceeded 1 second, with one even taking longer than 5 seconds to fulfill. DS' server appears to be hosted in either Russia or Estonia with a median network latency of 100ms. That's probably variable depending on client location. Cloning the server locally for each client would immediately remove the network and client contention latency from the equation, which would improve the gameplay experience significantly.

However, reverse engineering that server would be an incredibly long and manual process: While dialogue copying could be automated, you would still need to re-create all game mechanics by hand based on observations as a user, as you wouldn't normally have any access to the underlying code or persistent/covert game state. If you're going to go to that effort, why not just co-opt the client to make a completely different game?

The only practical application I see for this would be to build an image viewer, which is pointless, since all images are already transferred in the clear to the client.

Silvialicius

Feb 25, 2018
Hi. I don't know how to step forward in the game. I used the walkthrough but I have problems in two points.

1) I can't unlock cafe. I talked to Alice but she never come to me to invite me at the cafe. I tryed to talk to her severl times but nothing happens.

2) The Main storyline. I gone through all six Candy dialogs in the hotel. In the last she asked me to get closer to Nicolas. But then I can't co to the Nicolas office. His office is always closed and I can only knock.

Help!

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Hi. I don't know how to step forward in the game. I used the walkthrough but I have problems in two points.

1) I can't unlock cafe. I talked to Alice but she never come to me to invite me at the cafe. I tryed to talk to her severl times but nothing happens.

2) The Main storyline. I gone through all six Candy dialogs in the hotel. In the last she asked me to get closer to Nicolas. But then I can't co to the Nicolas office. His office is always closed and I can only knock.

Help!
Unless you're a $20 patron, you don't have access to that content yet. I experienced the same issue. :(

If you're a $10 Patron you'll have access to those scene updates on the 16th, and if you're $5 it's the 19th.

It's confusing because when I start the game it shows V.05 clearly on the screen, and some of the new .05 content is available to $5 patrons, such as college student dialogues that weren't in v.04.

Reactions: Silvialicius

Silvialicius

Feb 25, 2018
Unless you're a $20 patron, you don't have access to that content yet. I experienced the same issue. :(

If you're a $10 Patron you'll have access to those scene updates on the 16th, and if you're $5 it's the 19th.

It's confusing because when I start the game it shows V.05 clearly on the screen, and some of the new .05 content is available to $5 patrons, such as college student dialogues that weren't in v.04.
Mmmmm ok. This is confusing I think. All right about the "0,5" on main title, but I think it could be better add some progress menu in the game, to understand "where" I am in the story. This way it's impossible to understand if I completed the available content or not.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
Mmmmm ok. This is confusing I think. All right about the "0,5" on main title, but I think it could be better add some progress menu in the game, to understand "where" I am in the story. This way it's impossible to understand if I completed the available content or not.
Definitely. In his " " DS mentions implementing that. One of the icons at the top that's blank for now will be a quest progress tracker, like he had in BB. Much needed!

Reactions: KaiserST

mrswayne

May 26, 2018
If we don't become a patreon for tihs game, we are never going to be able to visit places properly or either save the game? If we can't save, why would we play it.

mrswayne

May 26, 2018
A
You can register for free at Patreon, you have not to be a Patron. You can play the content, you just have to wait. You can not play the newest ones though.
Ah thank you, I didn't know that. I'll register to the website then. Thanks :)

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
Progress report.jpg
Progress report
Aug 16 at 7:38am
I've been absent for the last couple of days, which is why there was no news. But the work on 0.6 kept going regardless. It's good to have several people working in parallel. Anyway, here's what was done:
All quest log texts are already written. From now on (as in, from 0.6 on) you'll be able to open a quest log at any point in the game and see your progress on any open storyline: basement, college, massage, maria, etc.

Our graphics designer has finished a set of icons you'll see in the inventory, containers, shops, etc. You can see them on the pic above.

And last, but certainly not least, our programmer always has his hands full. For example, right now he's finishing working on the inventory. I'll tell you more about it once it's done.

Again, I want to remind you, 0.6 is going to be mechanics-heavy, which is why you don't see many images from events this month. But I'll try to keep you updated about the game's development.

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
When I see it, the others get their mustard off, too. :winkytongue:
(Hopefully, this German phrase works in English.^^)

HorizonD

Apr 25, 2018
You get only the client. The game itself is on a server. You need an internet connection to play the game.

Previous Post deleted, makes no sense now.

ChiakiM

Oct 2, 2017
So it means u could play version0.3 for free while someone who has paid more than 5$ could play version0.5 now?Well,that's not bad actually.

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
Polls are back
$5+ patrons
Aug 17 at 8:27am
We didn't have any polls for quite some time now. First of all, every time we have one someone complains I surrender to pressure. Second, minorities are always unhappy because they were hoping for their option to win. But I think sometimes they have overall positive effects, and today's poll is one of those. This is a poll about 0.7 content because 0.6 had a plan for quite some time now and is already underway.
As you know, Julia has a boyfriend, but he's not present in the game right now. Some of you might be afraid he'll turn out to be Eric-2 (if you've played BB), but don't worry, he's not a bad guy. He has his, em, quirks, but overall he's going to be a positive change.

Now, the question is, how much time do you want me to spend on him?
the poll: (8days left)

XxMikaelxX

Jul 1, 2018
i dinno if i have the latest and im paying 10 but still i can`t take ppl to the cafè, and im buying 2 of the same and still no conversation and alot is`nt happening... sometimes week without anything happening :(((

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
i dinno if i have the latest and im paying 10 but still i can`t take ppl to the cafè, and im buying 2 of the same and still no conversation and alot is`nt happening... sometimes week without anything happening :(((
you should have the latest

XxMikaelxX

Jul 1, 2018
ok well is there a day by day Walkthrough that can make my game a bit easier? im abit dense haha and can`t wrap my head around the existing one for patrons

kansasdude

Sep 13, 2017
ok well is there a day by day Walkthrough that can make my game a bit easier? im abit dense haha and can`t wrap my head around the existing one for patrons
if your a pledger, from what I understand, the next version (0.6) will have an Quest log. The game already has too many storylines to keep track of in your head, sometimes next step isn't very obvious, and right now there's no way to know when you finish all content. Adding a quest log should help with that.

2.60 star(s) 184 Votes