Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played this in a good year, is it still a boring grind fest that takes forever (if at all) to load, only to find the saves from the previous update arent working so you have to restart?

Or is it better?...

Summer Love

Jul 5, 2017
What is wrong with this stupid game? There are obvious lines of dialogue missing even from the beginning of the game. Did DS try to take out all banned content in the laziest way possible?

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
That reminds me of one of my issues with the game. To my eye, the new renders are not significantly better than the old ones, just different. They feel a bit behind the times. Imagine if The Fly and The Thing reboots were done keeping the 1950's SFX technology.
Well i am not implying he used the old renders again for Glamour but it sure feels alot like it. And yes they feel a bit behind the times. But seriously i could have sworn some of the renders in glamour are a 1:1 copy of the old BB game. But when i check this isn't the case. Still it feels exactly like that.

The thing reboot is something i wish to forget. I hate CGI stuff after i saw what the practical effects team had in store for the movie and they got canceled at last minute. The movie would have been million times better.

And the fly had a reboot? Is Jeff Goldblum in it? If not who signed this abomination?

• Haha
Reactions: omocik

Deleted member 237822

Oct 8, 2017
Updated the unofficial fixes to 0.38: https://f95zone.to/threads/glamour-v0-38-dark-silver.10579/post-5581043
No new fixes, if you find something let me know and I'll have a look. (Didn't have time to play through the old content yet, besides the key points for the old bugs, haven't discovered anything in the new content myself...)

Ayrik Eyronphist,
nothing new for the FAQ, only the version changed as always. For the "Quests that cannot be completed" section, it seems only "Consequences" is currently not completeable on the Max route, "Lisa" and "Big Brother" are completeable...
View attachment 1249943 View attachment 1249970
I have had some partial render issues when peeking on Kate when she should be topless in the shower (she doesn't show up) and when getting caught only Ann's face showed up. They both only happened once each so far so it might not be a major issue. Also if you want to make a QoL change now that Lisa doesn't mind being watched changing she doesn't show up in the room when she supposedly changing. I have told DS about them and he said they will fix it soon but who knows when soon is.

gnadudu

Aug 31, 2018
I have had some partial render issues when peeking on Kate when she should be topless in the shower (she doesn't show up) and when getting caught only Ann's face showed up. They both only happened once each so far so it might not be a major issue. Also if you want to make a QoL change now that Lisa doesn't mind being watched changing she doesn't show up in the room when she supposedly changing. I have told DS about them and he said they will fix it soon but who knows when soon is.
Will have a look at it tomorrow. Had no issues with peeking on Kate though (so don't know if I can reproduce it of course)...

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
So reading through the comments... I'm guessing if you play as the female MC it's not a lesbian content game it's Bi sexual as she will have story based sexual encounters with male npc's?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Food for thought...

This may have been previously discussed and if so, my pardon for the redundancy, but I am curious as to how some of you peeps will react to Alice being broken in by the principal and his cohorts. In the last update, which was focused on Kate, the school and the 'club', we learned that virtually everyone (ie, students), to Kate's surprise, was in someway involved in BDSM training for the club. This means, strictly speaking, Alice is or will be involved which puts her in the NTR position for Max. Personally, I like that a lot as I'm all for Max being carried away on the next boat to nowhere. I think it will be entertaining how the devs deal with the subject: will they allow the crossover?
Considering they already cross-over Max and Kate with massage, cleaning, and camming, I expect it will continue. Alice seems obvious, because she's already at the school. One thing the $40 club seems to be salivating for is Lisa and Olivia being added to the school.
Well i am not implying he used the old renders again for Glamour but it sure feels alot like it. And yes they feel a bit behind the times. But seriously i could have sworn some of the renders in glamour are a 1:1 copy of the old BB game. But when i check this isn't the case. Still it feels exactly like that.
Yeah, not saying they aren't newly rendered, but they seem to be using the old technology. No real improvement in the passing years. I'm seeing old Honey Select devs moving to Daz or HS2 for their new projects in order to have more flexibility, more options, improved graphics.
The thing reboot is something i wish to forget. I hate CGI stuff after i saw what the practical effects team had in store for the movie and they got canceled at last minute. The movie would have been million times better.

And the fly had a reboot? Is Jeff Goldblum in it? If not who signed this abomination?
The Thing was a big SFX milestone for its day. No doubt its special effects look a bit dated now compared to what is now possible. The original 1951 movie was The Thing From Another World.
The_Thing_-_The_Thing_from_Another_World_%281951%29.jpg The Jeff Goldblum Fly was the remake. The original was 1958.
film_the_fly_1958-24698.jpg
Perhaps I could have come up with a more modern example of how new projects should be using updated technology/tools in order to keep up with standards and expectations.
So reading through the comments... I'm guessing if you play as the female MC it's not a lesbian content game it's Bi sexual as she will have story based sexual encounters with male npc's?
Pretty much. A few male encounters (like Max) are fairly non-avoidable.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017

He was talking about the actual original movies from decades earlier.
John Carpenter's The Thing is the second movie adaption of "Who Goes There", the first being "The Thing From Another World".

The Fly was also originally a movie from 1958, which Cronenburg remade... Both were far better movies than their predecessors. :giggle:

Reactions: Miðgarðsormr

Krugger

Aug 13, 2019
Max's story is so boring, not even the nice renders or the good writing can save the lack of originality of the main story.
I Agree. Instead of Darksilver creating a new BB he might as well go back to working on the BB he had abandoned, he would be doing Big Brother and Glamour at the same time. :WeSmart:
But unfortunately it seems that he doesn't really want to get back to working on the Unity engine because he doesn't want his game to be pirated, something totally meaningless and then players are forced to play on this horrible engine.

Reactions: leg28

kcvkz

Aug 8, 2016
I'm also having the issue of not being able to do anything with Lisa as far as I can tell. Is this an update where you need to start a new game?

levelcap

Jun 27, 2017
is the text missing? why is it missing in certain scenese? like when alice came back and found max and his mom doing yaga topless? there is no text? no conversation?

kcvkz

Aug 8, 2016
Figured it out, if you can't progress Lisa's story just keep going to Alice and Ann's room over and over and the scenes will change. It's a bit of a grind.

Reactions: Barbatus1
2.60 star(s) 184 Votes