Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I had to get a new PC when my old 1 died. It's Win11 but now the game won't load.

I tried different compatibility modes and turning off antivirus and firewalls but it's no good.

This was a 0.74 I used the upgrade pack to 0.75.
You can't play the game with just the patch. You need to download the full version.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
You misunderstand. I download 0.74 and it was working. Then I downloaded the 0.75 patch and applied it, then the game stopped working.
Oh ok. No idea why it wouldn't work since you're the only one reporting this issue. Did you try download the full 0.75?

tsukino_kage

Mar 31, 2018
This game would be insane if it had animations... to bad.
I just got the complete 0.75 file from and ran it on this Windows 11 computer. It still won't run. Double clicking the glassix.exe file does something, I see the circle indicating windows is working on something, but then it doesn't load. Not sure where to look on this new computer how to find out yet.

Anybody else know if this happens on other Windows 11 computers?

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
I just got the complete 0.75 file from and ran it on this Windows 11 computer. It still won't run. Double clicking the glassix.exe file does something, I see the circle indicating windows is working on something, but then it doesn't load. Not sure where to look on this new computer how to find out yet.

Try to install the dxwebsteup.exe in the game folder to install DirectX. Maybe that's what is missing.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018

Have you tried installing in your Root folder? I know it doesn't like to run in the folder I install most of my games, not sure why, maybe too deep or some unwanted characters in my directory chain

tsukino_kage

Mar 31, 2018
OK, so I just installed the DXwebsetup.exe that came with the download of the 0.75 game with my firewall and antivirus turned off. it said it installed fine. I made sure the glassix folder is in the root directory. The game still won't run. I double click Glassix.exe and nothing happens. I erase my save games folder. Still no effect.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
OK, so I just installed the DXwebsetup.exe that came with the download of the 0.75 game with my firewall and antivirus turned off. it said it installed fine. I made sure the glassix folder is in the root directory. The game still won't run. I double click Glassix.exe and nothing happens. I erase my save games folder. Still no effect.
I reread your initial post, sorry but I missed the post where you said v74 worked fine, which made my root install suggestion moot, if v74 worked in your original location, v75 should have worked there too.

Have you tried downloading again, maybe your first download was corrupt/incomplete.

tsukino_kage

Mar 31, 2018
I reread your initial post, sorry but I missed the post where you said v74 worked fine, which made my root install suggestion moot, if v74 worked in your original location, v75 should have worked there too.

Have you tried downloading again, maybe your first download was corrupt/incomplete.
Twice now I've downloaded the game.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
Twice now I've downloaded the game.
The full game, or the update? I can testify that the update worked for me.
(from the source site . )
If you've eliminated your Antivirus/Firewall as culprits
Double checked you've installed the update correctly
And re-downloaded the file,

then I'm out off ideas for why you are having this issue, have you checked the official FAQ?

tsukino_kage

Mar 31, 2018
I tried first with the update. When that failed to work, I downloaded and ran the full game. When that didn't work, I reinstalled it again. Still, the game will not run.

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
---------------------------------------------------
INCEST PATCH HERE [updated to 0.72.0]
---------------------------------------------------

You got two options.

IncestRewriter
Unzip this into the glassix folder and run the program. It'll overwrite the game's own data files. Unless future versions makes drastic changes, it should stay compatible as only dialogue is being touched.

Pre-patched data-folder v0.72.0
If you can't get the program to work or don't like using unknown software, I've attached the patched data for v0.72.0. Naturally, this won't be compatible with any other versions. However, you might get someone to simply use the program to patch some new data for you.

------------

Note, the previous patch was programmed in python, which creates a bunch of false positives for some security providers. The new patch is made in C# instead and don't have any flags on at the time of writing. This may change in the future as malicious software could use the same libraries, old code simply gets deemed less safe or their machine learning just decides to act out.

Update: Added the original python too. You can use it if the other don't work for some mysterious reason. It might get flagged by F95, but the python source code is in it, so you can just open that in notepad and see it is harmless. Then install and run the source code.
Any chance this is gonna get updated?

3.50 star(s) 65 Votes