Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Daedolon I've changed folders, checked permissions but just can't get it to run past the name screen. Win11 issue?
Shouldn't be. Did you try putting the game folder in the C: drive to check if it might just be some permissions issues? Like put it under C:/Glassix just to try. You can move the game folder freely after anyway.

When you say name screen, you mean when starting a new game and choosing the main character name?
Are your options saved correctly? If not, that might be a permission issue indeed.

beardedfool

Feb 25, 2019
Shouldn't be. Did you try putting the game folder in the C: drive to check if it might just be some permissions issues? Like put it under C:/Glassix just to try. You can move the game folder freely after anyway.

When you say name screen, you mean when starting a new game and choosing the main character name?
Are your options saved correctly? If not, that might be a permission issue indeed.
I HAVE NO REAL IDEA WHY BUT IT HAS STARTED WORKING. RAN IT AS ADMINISTRATOR AND IT WORKED, THEN RAN AS NORMAL USER AND IT STILL RAN? !!! I'LL TAKE THAT :)

Thanks for a very prompt reply.

I've just tried C:\Glassix, did not help unfortunately.
The options are saving correctly, and yes I mean when starting a new game and choosing the main character name.

I've also downloaded from both the torrent and one of the normal links but it's the same for both.

Does it require any drivers or other software? This is a pretty new build machine.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Daedolon

r778

Oct 9, 2018
Has there been any updates for the mom/sister recently? I've not played this game for a while

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
7 gigs, not going to be able to play this till it's under 3 gigs, have very limited download space on my phone.
The android version is much smaller. You can download it on the game website. You can also play online on the website so you don't have to download anything yourself. Though you'll need to use wifi or mobile data to load images on the fly and it might be much slower.

Has there been any updates for the mom/sister recently? I've not played this game for a while
Maybe a few but both of them were among the first characters to be completed so there shouldn't be a lot.

SkepSyS

Oct 2, 2020
---------------------------------------------------
INCEST PATCH HERE [updated to 0.72.0]
---------------------------------------------------

You got two options.

IncestRewriter
Unzip this into the glassix folder and run the program. It'll overwrite the game's own data files. Unless future versions makes drastic changes, it should stay compatible as only dialogue is being touched.

Pre-patched data-folder v0.72.0
If you can't get the program to work or don't like using unknown software, I've attached the patched data for v0.72.0. Naturally, this won't be compatible with any other versions. However, you might get someone to simply use the program to patch some new data for you.

------------

Note, the previous patch was programmed in python, which creates a bunch of false positives for some security providers. The new patch is made in C# instead and don't have any flags on at the time of writing. This may change in the future as malicious software could use the same libraries, old code simply gets deemed less safe or their machine learning just decides to act out.

Update: Added the original python too. You can use it if the other don't work for some mysterious reason. It might get flagged by F95, but the python source code is in it, so you can just open that in notepad and see it is harmless. Then install and run the source code.
Your patch deletes all descriptions and text in the game!

Jan 14, 2018
Did you download the IncestRewriter, but instead of following instructions, you replaced the game xml's with the patch-xml's?

Those xml's only contain search&replace terms. If true, I'm surprised the game is even running. On the bright side, you can now just make the story up :)

• Haha
Reactions: Asr127

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
Is there a cheat for the game? I remember there was an old one but it no longer works.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Did you download the IncestRewriter, but instead of following instructions, you replaced the game xml's with the patch-xml's?

Those xml's only contain search&replace terms. If true, I'm surprised the game is even running. On the bright side, you can now just make the story up :)
Instructions? Piss poor instructions more like...
If you extract in the Glassix folder, the data files gets overwritten, no way around that.

"IncestRewriter
Unzip this into the glassix folder and run the program. It'll overwrite the game's own data files. Unless future versions makes drastic changes, it should stay compatible as only dialogue is being touched. "

The glassix folder, contains the data folder, so unzipping it into the folder as such, will overwrite the files. The paths available are: E:\Games\Glassix_0.77.0\Glassix . Following the "instructions", leads to overwriting the data folder's content.

So, if anyone could say where exactly the file needs to be extracted before being run?

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
If you extract in the Glassix folder, the data files gets overwritten, no way around that.

"IncestRewriter
Unzip this into the glassix folder and run the program. It'll overwrite the game's own data files. Unless future versions makes drastic changes, it should stay compatible as only dialogue is being touched. "

The glassix folder, contains the data folder, so unzipping it into the folder as such, will overwrite the files. The paths available are: E:\Games\Glassix_0.77.0\Glassix . Following the "instructions", leads to overwriting the data folder's content.

So, if anyone could say where exactly the file needs to be extracted before being run?

I've found the correct spot to extract them, it has to be put within the data folder, NOT the glassix folder.

Jan 14, 2018
You have a funny way of appreciating the work I put into a free patch which I gain nothing from. Here's the instruction:
Unzip this into the glassix folder and run the program.
That is (of course) referring to the attached file. It does not tell you to open the file, then the folder within it and extract from there. You're supposed to get the "glassix/IncestRewriter/" folder and run the program from there.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
You have a funny way of appreciating the work I put into a free patch which I gain nothing from. Here's the instruction:
The patch is very much appreciated, the instructions were not.

That is (of course) referring to the attached file. It does not tell you to open the file, then the folder within it and extract from there. You're supposed to get the "glassix/IncestRewriter/" folder and run the program from there.
Unzipping by opening the Zip from the download list/notification box, then dragging the content into the desired folder is the fastest way to unzip a file. It is also the most common approach to patching in here due to the amount of renpy games around :)

Your instructions should say:
"download and save the zip file into the Glassix folder, then, unzip by using the contextual menu (do not open and drag/drop the content into the game folder.)"

3.50 star(s) 65 Votes