redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Which events are bugged ?
Her last two, they show sisterCalley and convocation instead of the proper names and when click the convocation it plays well until the choice then there's only a black button and clicking it goes back to the menu. The alley event doesn't accept the lvl1 variant, otherwise it's fine.

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
@Daedolon Was there a file named nacl_irt_x86_64.nexe that you may have deleted? I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but the file is missing and I had to copy it from the chrome directory, but I'm not sure it's the correct file. In the same directory there are other files with the same name, but the ones in the Glassix directory are systematically bigger.

Edit: The bug above doesn't seem to be a real problem. No matter what I do, the game starts in the same way.
I encountered the first bug, the game can't locate the files and thus can't do anything. I suspect it may depend from the fact that windows separates directories with "\", while linux and other unix-based OSs use "/".

Edit 2: My suspect is completely wrong, but I have found a way to find the path. I found a debugger inside the game and I'm using it to find where it looks for files. It seems there are some problems with paths, but I'm not yet sure how to solve it.

Edit 3: I did it! Sort of. In the first attachment you can see what happens with the wrong file locations, in the second there is the same scene with working files (it's the first screen after not skipping intro in both cases).
First of all, the "nw" file has to be marked as executable. Then the bgs, characters, data and scenes directories have to be copied in the right place. Using the debugger I discovered that the game looks for them in the same place where it looks for "index.html" or "c2runtime.js", that is inside "package.nw", but with the full path to the game directory. So if e.g. I copied the game in "/home/capacitor/Glassix/", the game looks for the "data" in the "home/capacitor/Glassix/data/" inside "package.nw".
Moving everything inside package.nw lets me run the game, but it takes a while to load, since now it must load a 2.1 GB archive instead of 3.7 MB.
After restarting the game I see no difference, it works again as before.
Sadly there are two major limitations: first of all if I change the settings the game won't work after I close it, second it saves correctly in the "saves" directory, but it looks for saves inside the "package.nw" file, so there is no easy mean to save and reload a game at the moment.
Yes, the whole point of putting all the images files outside of the package was to make the game itself really small and fast to load ^^ Windows can load it from outside the package file so Android and Linux should be able to do the same. But I'm afraid I can't really help for that matter.

Her last two, they show sisterCalley and convocation instead of the proper names and when click the convocation it plays well until the choice then there's only a black button and clicking it goes back to the menu. The alley event doesn't accept the lvl1 variant, otherwise it's fine.
Got it, I'll add this to the debug list. Thanks for the feedback.

anybody know who maidB is and how to meet her?
She was a character created by CarpeNoctem which I had to cancel because her story was not matching the game.
She was supposed to become Kei's family maid later in the game but I disliked the idea of this story which was not really making sense so I cancelled it. A few of her files were already prepared though and have been integrated to the game even though she has been cancelled.

Dregrin

Nov 20, 2017
I have been trying to use the wardrobe management function but unless i am missing something its not possible to change a girls outfit if she does not have a bedroom. i have taken several girls to the public changing rooms and no options appear even after talking to them. is there some step i have missed?

also, since the original maid b storyline was scrapped, any plans to reuse the assets, a new wealthy family to rival Mitsuko/Hikari perhaps

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
@Dregrin: Ok I'll check the wardrobe bug. For Maid B, nothing planned yet but it's indeed possible to reuse the assets for a different story. But there are already so many extra girls to choose from that it might not be a priority ^^

jediwithbat

Oct 10, 2017
Question: after the first St. Patrick event I can't trigger it a second time, is it supposed to be a one time thing or is it bugged? I get Sarah to the museum venue A between 14 and 16 on Saturday-Sunday but nothing happens.

Dregrin

Nov 20, 2017
@Dregrin: Ok I'll check the wardrobe bug. For Maid B, nothing planned yet but it's indeed possible to reuse the assets for a different story. But there are already so many extra girls to choose from that it might not be a priority ^^
That's fine, personally I am more interested in progressing the baker's story then any other the other girls we cant get past stage 1 that and Im very curious where the main story will be going.

Capacitor

Dec 8, 2017
Yes, the whole point of putting all the images files outside of the package was to make the game itself really small and fast to load ^^ Windows can load it from outside the package file so Android and Linux should be able to do the same. But I'm afraid I can't really help for that matter.
You might be happy to know that I did it. I had to dig a little deeper to understand how NW.js works, and I still suspect that something inside the source code isn't optimal for every platform, but I finally managed to have a stable game. This is the procedure to install Glassix on Linux (and probably also on mac):
  1. Download the latest stable version of NW.js (normal, not SDK).*
  2. Extract the archive where you prefer and rename the directory to "Glassix", or whatever you prefer.
  3. Download the Windows version and extract it.
  4. Copy "package.nw" in the "Glassix" directory and extract it. It's a zip file with the extension renamed, you shouldn't have any problem.
  5. Rename the directory created by the extraction to "files".
  6. Take note of the absolute path where you put the game, e.g. "/home/capacitor/Glassix". Go inside the "files" directory and recreate the same path that brings to the game, in this case "home/capacitor/Glassix"
  7. Copy the "bgs", "characters", "data" and "scenes" directories from the Windows version to "Glassix/files/home/capacitor/Glassix"·
  8. Run the game (see below), check that it goes full screen and shows the appropriate version. Then close it. This creates the "saves" directory, but sort of in the wrong place. The game saves the files in "Glassix/saves", but reads them in "Glassix/files/home/capacitor/Glassix/saves".
  9. To be able to load saves, and not just create them, create a shortcut to the "saves" directory, move the shortcut to "Glassix/files/home/capacitor/Glassix" and rename it to "saves".
*The version included in the previous posts is older and buggy, I discovered that it hangs and crashes after a few minutes (black screen, program unresponsive). At the moment (v0.27.2) I played the whole introduction without any problem. I'll play more to be sure, but with the previous versions I arrived on average to the bathroom, never made to the train.

To run the game, create a new file and name it "Glassix.sh". Open it and copy this text inside:
#!/bin/bash
./nw files/
Save, close, and mark the file as executable.

If you need to move the game elsewhere, pay attention to step 6, you'll need to modify the path.

It's not as good as the out-of-the-box Windows version, but at least now I can avoid to use the virtual machine and all the related lag and overheating.

Reactions: Deleted member 7464

Capacitor

Dec 8, 2017
@Daedolon I created an easy installation for the game on Linux. You can find it .
To create a Linux distribution of the game, simply get a new version of (linux32, linux64, mac64), extract them and copy inside each of them "package.nw", the directories "bgs", "characters", "data", "scenes" and any other you may need in the future, and the content of my zip file.
From there it's just a matter of reading the README file and executing correctly my instructions.

I tested both the install script and the move script, they work perfectly on my computer. I'm sure they will work just as fine on any other Linux computer and probably on Mac, but should be tested. Sadly I don't know if this can work with Android, sometimes it's so different from a standard Linux distribution that I don't even know if it will run sh scripts. If someone with more experience on mobile devices wants to try, my scripts are free to use and examine. And I even commented them. :D

Still not as good as the Windows version, but this is the best I can do.

Reactions: Deleted member 7464

Daedolon

Creator of Glassix 1 & 2
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Question: after the first St. Patrick event I can't trigger it a second time, is it supposed to be a one time thing or is it bugged? I get Sarah to the museum venue A between 14 and 16 on Saturday-Sunday but nothing happens.
It's a one time event at the moment. It might be tricky indeed if you want to unlock the full gallery. I'll check that.

That's fine, personally I am more interested in progressing the baker's story then any other the other girls we cant get past stage 1 that and Im very curious where the main story will be going.
Kumiko, Utako and Yatsumi should be completed this month meaning there will be a new poll next month for patrons to vote for the next girl to complete. But if I remember well, Daisuki was not among the top choice :x

@Daedolon I created an easy installation for the game on Linux. You can find it .
To create a Linux distribution of the game, simply get a new version of (linux32, linux64, mac64), extract them and copy inside each of them "package.nw", the directories "bgs", "characters", "data", "scenes" and any other you may need in the future, and the content of my zip file.
From there it's just a matter of reading the README file and executing correctly my instructions.

I tested both the install script and the move script, they work perfectly on my computer. I'm sure they will work just as fine on any other Linux computer and probably on Mac, but should be tested. Sadly I don't know if this can work with Android, sometimes it's so different from a standard Linux distribution that I don't even know if it will run sh scripts. If someone with more experience on mobile devices wants to try, my scripts are free to use and examine. And I even commented them. :D

Still not as good as the Windows version, but this is the best I can do.
Got it, I guess I could also try to update the Construct NW.js plugin so it automatically use the latest version. I'll check that when I have more time. Thanks a lot for your help !

Capacitor

Dec 8, 2017
@Daedolon You're welcome, I couldn't have done anything without your help.

I wanted to report a couple bugs related to the linux version.
First, sometimes (rarely) the game hangs for a few seconds. I'm not completely sure, but it seems to happen when I view the walkthrough linked in the game. Sometimes, after that, the screen goes black and the game becomes unresponsive. It looks like if I do something (click around, ...) while the game hangs, it goes black, otherwise it continues as if nothing happened, but I'm not completely sure. This seems more a problem of the NW.js engine, so it may be solved in future versions.
Second, every scene where the characters can be dressed in more than one way, like peeing or having sex, the characters appear always naked instead of having the right clothes (work, casual, ...). Sadly with this new version of NW.js I don't have access to the debugger anymore, so I can't see where the game looks for the images. I'll try some more to see if I can solve this bug somehow.
Edit: I used the older version with the debugger. It looks like the game tries to open the files "data/ai/.xml", "data/events/.xml" and "data/characters/.xml", that don't exists. That's the only error message I could find.

Last edited:

Renegadeaw

Jan 22, 2017
Has anyone managed to successfully mod the Audacity limits for individual outfits? In each characters XML file under data/characters, there is a section Outfits, with an audacity listing, but changing this value changes the audacity of the specific outfit, not the maximum audacity for each "Outfit Slot", IE the Work outfit currently has a maximum Audacity of 3, does anyone know where I could modify that value?

Dregrin

Nov 20, 2017
Has anyone managed to successfully mod the Audacity limits for individual outfits? In each characters XML file under data/characters, there is a section Outfits, with an audacity listing, but changing this value changes the audacity of the specific outfit, not the maximum audacity for each "Outfit Slot", IE the Work outfit currently has a maximum Audacity of 3, does anyone know where I could modify that value?
Set those costs to -2 for all outfits and you can effectively make girls walk around town in any outfit you desire even at level 0 control. the only restriction is swimsuits have to be swimsuits so you cant have naked girls at the beach, something i haven't figured out how to change yet.

Renegadeaw

Jan 22, 2017
I get that part, but Im trying to change the progression, not the value of the outfit. For instance, at lvl 4 obedience, Aiko's maximum audacity for a work outfit is 3. I want to modify that figure, not the audacity value of the outfits themselves.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
do i have to Download everytime big file 1g can i just do simple update ?
There are upgrade files in the first page, they are all labeled, like if you have the .19 you can download the .19.1 and .19.2 patches.

Is there really anything new in this version
v0.19.2 form the Glassix 0.18.0 version?
Yes, a few new events and scenes, then bugfixes in .19.1 and .2.

U

User_17502

I am having a problem with the first day. For some reason I am starting with the glasses on and have no idea what to do. Is this normal?

Jocko Johnson

Jun 15, 2017
There are upgrade files in the first page, they are all labeled, like if you have the .19 you can download the .19.1 and .19.2 patches.

Yes, a few new events and scenes, then bugfixes in .19.1 and .2.
And don't forget the big one in 19.2 -- unlock the entire gallery in the Gallery from main screen.

Capacitor

Dec 8, 2017
every scene where the characters can be dressed in more than one way, like peeing or having sex, the characters appear always naked instead of having the right clothes (work, casual, ...). Sadly with this new version of NW.js I don't have access to the debugger anymore, so I can't see where the game looks for the images. I'll try some more to see if I can solve this bug somehow
@Daedolon I found a patch for this little problem, . But while patching it, I noticed that, no matter what, while a girl is in bath clothing or underwear, it always appears naked during the toilet encounter, as if the game can't find the correct files. I checked, the files exist, so I controlled on windows and the bug happens there too.
If someone can confirm the problem, maybe even check if it happens during sex events, it may be helpful to find the cause.

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
@

Reactions: User_17502
3.50 star(s) 65 Votes