zilirin

Aug 19, 2018
Maybe I'm just stupid. I just bought the Bikini and now I can't close the window with the store inventory. So I'm stuck in the outfit selection and can't go back. Should there be a button to close/return somewhere and I'm just blind?

edit: solved it by buying two more outfits. Then the selection "shrunk" and the "back" button became clickable. You mighht want to look into that :D

Reactions: AgentNova

AgentNova

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Maybe I'm just stupid. I just bought the Bikini and now I can't close the window with the store inventory. So I'm stuck in the outfit selection and can't go back. Should there be a button to close/return somewhere and I'm just blind?

edit: solved it by buying two more outfits. Then the selection "shrunk" and the "back" button became clickable. You mighht want to look into that :D
I see what happened. Adding an outline to the text globally made the text in the shop have an outline as well, even though it's not visible. That extra space for the outline made the shop extend off of the screen. Some text in other areas might have the same issue. Thanks for the heads up. Will get to fixing it now.

Reactions: PapaPhat

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I see what happened. Adding an outline to the text globally made the text in the shop have an outline as well, even though it's not visible. That extra space for the outline made the shop extend off of the screen. Some text in other areas might have the same issue. Thanks for the heads up. Will get to fixing it now.
Text boxes in general are a BAD idea, IMHO. I prefer when games allow me to fade out the box, turn it off or just not have a text box at all. Putting dialogue and other text in a box is distracting and more often than not covers up too much of the image.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I enjoy this game, appreciate that you are always working to improve it but putting an outline around the onscreen text was an unnecessary step that only has potential down sides. Thanks :)

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat:devilish:(y)

AgentNova

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Text boxes in general are a BAD idea, IMHO. I prefer when games allow me to fade out the box, turn it off or just not have a text box at all. Putting dialogue and other text in a box is distracting and more often than not covers up too much of the image.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I enjoy this game, appreciate that you are always working to improve it but putting an outline around the onscreen text was an unnecessary step that only has potential down sides. Thanks :)

Yeah, I don't like text boxes either, for the same reasons. I feel that outlining the text is necessary without the text box, though. Otherwise the text color might be the same or similar to the image color and become hard to read.

The shop interfaces and stat windows shouldn't have the outlined text, but that ended up happening anyways. Already adjusted the spacing on those, but I'm considering just making a full image for each of those windows similar to the augment shop instead of using those default Ren'Py boxes.

Regardless, there's plenty of time before GnB is completed to experiment with different visuals. I appreciate the feedback!

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Yeah, I don't like text boxes either, for the same reasons. I feel that outlining the text is necessary without the text box, though. Otherwise the text color might be the same or similar to the image color and become hard to read.

The shop interfaces and stat windows shouldn't have the outlined text, but that ended up happening anyways. Already adjusted the spacing on those, but I'm considering just making a full image for each of those windows similar to the augment shop instead of using those default Ren'Py boxes.

Regardless, there's plenty of time before GnB is completed to experiment with different visuals. I appreciate the feedback!
Was curious about the whole text box thing because I didn't remember encountering any in my previous plays. Now that I am currently playing the latest update, I still don't see WTF that other person was even mentioning. When you mentioned, "Adding an outline to the text globally" in one of your replies it got me thinking you had added or were considering adding a text box. Now I have seen that does not appear to be the case. If fact, I have your game open right now and only left in effort to delete my entire text box commentary... busted... so this is my humble apology for having even mentioned it...:oops:

Enjoying this game!:devilish: Keep up the awesome job with plenty more of the same!:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

PS: Was that an Android thing? I didn't get any text box or issues with the merchant menus in the PC version. I just tested the clothing store and had no issues.

Last edited:

AgentNova

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
Was curious about the whole text box thing because I didn't remember encountering any in my previous plays. Now that I am currently playing the latest update, I still don't see WTF that other person was even mentioning. When you mentioned, "Adding an outline to the text globally" in one of your replies it got me thinking you had added or were considering adding a text box. Now I have seen that does not appear to be the case. If fact, I have your game open right now and only left in effort to delete my entire text box commentary... busted... so this is my humble apology for having even mentioned it...:oops:

Enjoying this game!:devilish: Keep up the awesome job with plenty more of the same!:devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish::devilish:

PS: Was that an Android thing? I didn't get any text box or issues with the merchant menus in the PC version. I just tested the clothing store and had no issues.
There use to be a default, somewhat transparent text box that I removed in favor of outlined text. (Can see it in the old preview images in the OP.) Changed the choices to have no text box until hovering as well. No worries, though!

The clothing shop can overflow if no outfits have been purchased. It's because the text in that shop window got affected by the outline code. Rather than remove the outlines, I just changed the spacing so it shouldn't overflow anymore. The outlines aren't visible anyways, so they basically space out the text the same way.

Those shop windows and the stat screens and stuff use a default Ren'Py text/image box. I think it would look better with some more custom visuals, which is what I was talking about in the previous post.

FatYoda

Sep 12, 2017
so are the max stats bugged? I've fully upgraded my android, but some of the stats still won't let me train them past 10, while others (CHA and STAM) i have over 40.

AgentNova

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
so are the max stats bugged? I've fully upgraded my android, but some of the stats still won't let me train them past 10, while others (CHA and STAM) i have over 40.
Seems I missed updating the full stat gains when I updated the exp gains. Will be fixed in v0.14. I'll have to reset any stats above 20 back to 20, though. Thanks for reporting this bug!

• Red Heart

Nermal50

Jan 7, 2021
Where to buy the bikini?

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
A bikini does not show up as an option is there something to trigger it?
When you have to attend the pool party it will be there. That is the one time you wear it. Well, besides trying it on in the mirror for screenshots or what not... Hahaha:ROFLMAO: If you were invited to the pool party and the bikini doesn't appear in the store for purchase, THEN you have an issue. There are other outfits that are added over time as well. The apparel options grow along side your character. I didn't buy all of the outfits but just the ones that looked cute on my character and those that are required for a job or task in game. The bikini and later the date dress then there's the outfit needed to work at the club too... and, I think we have to pay for the uniform to work at the diner too... Bottom line is, when the game says you need an outfit, you'll have the option to buy it. Hope that helps...

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y)

• Red Heart

AgentNova

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
A bikini does not show up as an option is there something to trigger it?
There's no trigger, it should be there as soon as you unlock the mall/clothing shop. The shop itself opens after completing a part of the main quest, but you seem past that point. Make sure you are at the right shop. Make sure you haven't already purchased it. Go to the hotel to change clothes at the mirror option. If the outfit still isn't showing up for you, I'll look into it further.
Another note: in the current version, the shop text might go off of the screen. That will be fixed soon.

AgentNova

Game Developer
Nov 3, 2020
New update v0.13:

Win/Linux Download:
/ / /

Mac Download: / / /

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

RhapsodicHotShot

Oct 25, 2019
Pretty good game, imo. Not a lot of game cyberpunk games that allow you to play as a futa (for some reason).

Are we going to get more body modifications in the future? Like bigger boobs, dick, different face, etc?

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes