VN Ren'Py Glowing Stones : Heroes' Awakening [Ch.5 Hotfix] [MoonLightDevCorp]

3.90 star(s) 22 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
As players have opened up about on this very thread, MC is not the brightest bulb in the bunch, his bff girlfriend is the driving force for his adventures, so he is connected to that ... without being the brains of the operation or the hero of this story: MC is the anti-hero thrust in a hero journey tailored by powers beyond his control or comprehension.

MC is along for the ride.
Not really but, no one ever accused me of being wise... or smart, for that matter
The dialogue is offputting to me in this game
You and me both buddy, you and me both
If it makes you feel any better, the movie Oppenheimer made the protagonist be utter trash in any human interaction he ever had, pawned his own son onto others so he could shag his wife and nothing more at home, while plowing everything that moves outside of work and home.
The critically acclaimed Oscar winner box office success movie be shooting girls at high velocity into the protagonist and his only personal life realisation ended up being him as the utter tool way too many girls got off to.

Brad Pitt and Leonardo Di Caprio are total tools that girls chase around the globe also, being total creeps in their private life: Brad Pit chasing tale the age of his daughter, while Leo creeping on girls 30 years his younger.

Armie Hammer has girls offer BDSM sex and slave play on the regular and got booted by hollywood for making statements about eating the girls up in their fetish play. By his own admission - had the police not hold him for a while and stopped his downward spiral in drugs and girls and mindless debauchery, he would have been dead by now.

These cellebrities are live assholes with horror cringe minimal private lives that only know sex by the girls who throw themselves at them.

Do you hear them complaining too much for not being able to escape girls? Ever?

How many times do i have to pick the no answer to be asked again "Am I Sure"

Yes I'm freaking sure.... Its the reason i picked no.

Plot seems its heading a very specific direction so even if we are given choices it still feels like it means nothing because everything happening in the background feels like MC is Bound for a Certain spot and so even if we want to be Positive, Negative, Neutral its glossed over for the "Bigger Picture" of the MC.

My biggest issue is Everyone lying to MC and placating him...

Top of it finding Amy being Bi is a huge slap to MC especially if you go the path of being interested into her with how the other Girls are basically pushing themselves to the MC.

And that scene with Amy was Sooooooo fucking forced like even if you pick wanting more for from she just disregards it Like she doesn't apprentice your opinions or thoughts and just wants the dick...............

Last edited:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
The writing is easily the biggest problem with this avn. Some issues seem to be from things not translating well. An example of this would be the father's mantra of, "The future is ahead of yourself," which everyone in the game treats as a really profound phrase they constantly refer to as "mystical." This I can give the benefit of the doubt to and assume it's just something getting lost in translation.
Imagine having a proofreader for english but that guy never delivered anything and is now talking shit on places. Especially about translations. Would be such an asshole move, wouldn't it? Glad such things don't happen. No one could be such a motherfucker.

BTW: the mantra and why it's that sentence is explained in the game. I can't be the only one who read it.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Translation cannot improove the source material and the way the dialogues rub you the wrong or the right way is totally due to your mood, your perception and your open mindedness to whatever you read.
the mantra and why it's that sentence is explained in the game. I can't be the only one who read it
Idioms in Brittish English and American English are a thing and also movies or books quotes. Quirky or strange word associations can rub playes or anyone the wrong way if they are too engrossed in their phrases that they like or are fond of.

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
Let me preface by saying I like this visual novel, and I'm enjoying the story and character exploration.
What I'm having a hard time reconciling is the MC. Especially after the dinner scene with Jen where she talks about how smart he is, and says they were trying to recruit him for a research position.
If he's supposed to be a borderline genius, why doesn't he seem smarter? Part of his awkwardness can be attributed to not having the best social IQ, and I've met plenty of people who excelled in traditional book smarts while lacking common sense. But, the MC doesn't seem to be all that intelligent overall or in any particular aspect, despite his background and past.
It's just confusing.

The only way I can see it making sense is if it's leading to something similar to what was in the Flash comics. Once the MC realizes that his speed can be used for every aspect of his being, then he'll find he can think fast as well, and it gets showcased by how much smarter he seems after that revelation. Otherwise I don't understand the disconnect from what we're told about the MC and what we see from him.

Anyone else getting this feeling, or is it just me?

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Let me preface by saying I like this visual novel and enjoy the story and character exploration.
What I'm having a hard time reconciling is the MC. Especially after the dinner scene with Jen, where she talks about how smart he is and says they were trying to recruit him for a research position.
If he's supposed to be a borderline genius, why doesn't he seem smarter? Part of his awkwardness can be attributed to not having the best social IQ, and I've met plenty of people who excelled in traditional book smarts while lacking common sense. But, the MC doesn't seem to be all that intelligent overall or in any particular aspect, despite his background and past.
It's just confusing.

The only way I can see it making sense is if it's leading to something similar to what was in the Flash comics. Once the MC realizes that his speed can be used for every aspect of his being, then he'll find he can think fast as well, and it gets showcased by how much smarter he seems after that revelation. Otherwise, I don't understand the disconnect between what we're told about the MC and what we see from him.

Anyone else getting this feeling, or is it just me?
Yes, you've hit the nail on the head. There was something offputting, and now I see it.
It could be that the writer is putting themselves into the MC too deeply and not standing back to see how others perceive him.
I think it's the writer's lack of writing skills.
As I said in another comment, the game could have invested more time and resources in translation. That investment could have paid tenfold back by now. :sneaky:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020

catnapper

Aug 29, 2021
I don't think Jen (or Mood) are remotely interested in the MC's intelligence, they are flattering him for their own purposes.
Yads Mood (Doomsday) is obviously the arch-villain of this story. Based on very little evidence. I think MC's father found out about what the stones could do and tried to thwart Mood's plans - first by sending the stones to the MC and then by destroying the lab (and all the research etc) to stop Mood misusing the stones/the power within them, causing his own death in the process.

Reactions: Dr. Mick

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
I don't think Jen (or Mood) are remotely interested in the MC's intelligence, they are flattering him for their own purposes.
Yads Mood (Doomsday) is obviously the arch-villain of this story. Based on very little evidence. I think MC's father found out about what the stones could do and tried to thwart Mood's plans - first by sending the stones to the MC and then by destroying the lab (and all the research etc) to stop Mood misusing the stones/the power within them, causing his own death in the process.
Interesting, and overall good, theory.
I had thought something similar, especially after meeting Mood. The one thing I'm trying to work out presently is whether or not Jen knows.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Even a doctor and a cat napper should know women like to toy with the guys they are attracted to - phisically more than anything - in this game they are attracted to the ability MC is showing, the ”power” - whatever makes girls fawn over guys like MC who let them toy with them like a Big Cat with her prey.
I don't think Jen (or Mood) are remotely interested in the MC's intelligence, they are flattering him for their own purposes
Interesting, and overall good, theory.
Clearly the girls are man eaters and MC is a non the wiser perfect pray for them to hunt and toy with.

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
Geizkragen..... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Yep. :ROFLMAO:
The Dev hasn't even written that there is an Soundtrack Folder also included ... not only the wt-choice-mod. Then the price is actually ok for the DLC. BTW, game got an small update today. Upload the Complete Game again inclusive the DLC. Post the Link when Upload is finish.

• Haha
Reactions: xapican
3.90 star(s) 22 Votes