VN Ren'Py Glowing Stones : Heroes' Awakening [Ch.5 Hotfix] [MoonLightDevCorp]

3.90 star(s) 22 Votes

Agent_Sloth

Feb 1, 2023
I'm really on the fence about this game, I really enjoy the world building but when the exposition is being dumped by people having to explain simple concepts to the MC it makes the character seem really dump or something, honestly it would've been better if the Writer just made the MC a himbo instead of telling us he's smart, it would make the exposition seem less forced and kept the MCs happy go lucky puppy dog personality. I get that the clue system is there for the audience only but seriously most the clues are obvious like how doesn't anyone guess right out the gate the Whisper isn't connected to the MCs father or that she's not using surveillance cameras to monitor you, or that Aurora isn't lying to you or totally not the girl with white hair...and for that matter why does the MC even care about a robbery at a jewelry store, those places are massively insured and if no one was getting hurt then who cares about the Corps shinnies.

Reactions: Legend 123

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well ... there are hinst about this that you obviously missed:
MC is not a detective (even famed make believe cops in cinema and TV struggle with the detective exams) and has no concept of running a fact base check up on anyone, let alone corpo AI or some of the girls who have actual driving interests pushing them forward - MC is a slacker living in a ”go with the flow, everything will work out” utopia where his neighbor is one stupendous hottie MC never even made the simplest of efforts and invite her over to the coffee shop where everyone knows him - que in the awe of the people who are regulars in there and who already know the girl by all her features, simply because of the sheer number of times MC described her to them in great details as being his crush ... or the outspoken childhood girlfriend who has been running the life of MC for the last half a dozen months.

MC is droning on aimlessly when this whole plot hits him and he has instincts of being the hero or the antihero (his fight or flight self preservating compass is tingling all of a sudden) so we get all these choices or informations because these are totally new and awesome to MC - we get to choose if we hide and resist the storm or if we go head fast and try to wrestle with it.
for that matter why does the MC even care about a robbery at a jewelry store, those places are massively insured and if no one was getting hurt then who cares about the Corps shinnies.
MC is not Invincible in the seonc dseason trying to pawn his abilities to anyone - MC is Starlight in The Boys - MC gets conscripted into the fold of corpo superheroes by default - they find him and automatically start running his life as a superhero.

I get that the clue system is there for the audience only but seriously most the clues are obvious like how doesn't anyone guess right out the gate the Whisper isn't connected to the MCs father or that she's not using surveillance cameras to monitor you, or that Aurora isn't lying to you or totally not the girl with white hair..
Those are pet peeve connections MC makes in his mind - his very erratic shattered mind undergoing major turmoil with how everybody wants a piece of him all of a sudden and his slacker background noise reality gets pushed into the spotlight, where he suddenly has serious trouble thinking and seeing and acting like his own self.

We feel uneasy because MC is uneasy. We feel rushed and overwhelmed because MC is like that.

Reactions: MoonlightDevCorp

Merlin-Magic

Jan 28, 2024
Hehe a small cameo from on of my favorite games! Love of Magic!
Ha ha. There is a lot more than that. There is a character from
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
as well as news clips talking about
. The notary is Mr. Monk that is no doubt taken from
. There are probably more I missed.

Last edited:

bobdango

Dec 25, 2020
Ha ha. There is a lot more than that. There is a character from
as well as news clips talking about
. The notary is Mr. Monk that is no doubt taken from
. There are probably more I missed.
Oh! I missed the first one and I love that VN as well. Don't know the others. :p

Merlin-Magic

Jan 28, 2024
okay well I am just throwing a guess out there and was asking a question for the creator if I was right or not. so who knows
I probably should have mentioned that yes, I have played the game (a while ago) and I would have to agree with the theory on who is who. I just know that sometimes people have never even downloaded a game and are just researching to see if they are even interested. I love this game and I would not want to detract any of the experience from anyone.

3.90 star(s) 22 Votes