MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Working on getting at least a functionally translated English UI for patches 4 and 5. There were actually some substantial changes to how the game was coded between patches 2 and 3. These should make it easier to make translation changes to the game but for some reason the critical file gets garbled by KrKrExtract, like it's encrypted or encoded strangely.

And diving through some of the other files, there is indeed a menu that is built in but not implemented for switching language to English and Chinese.

Yeah, they've basically made this functionally impossible to translate without a key to the Game Text file as far as I can tell. Not only did they overhaul the code in DLC3, they continued to overhaul the code in 4, and again in 5. Each time they moved previously translated code into that file, so that even the old translation is unreliable. Translating the UI might actually take longer than the still relatively straightforward task of translating the scenes, which remain encoded in open files.

Will then move to do the scenes now that I have all the files and am getting the hang of modifying them.

Note to future me: don't try to troubleshoot someone else's code starting at midnight. Go to bed. But, I have a functional English language UI!

There are still a lot of untranslated lines in the GameText file, and unfortunately since it's totally garbled I won't be able to translate them until I can find them in-game. But that means the UI needed to play the game is translated into English while retaining all story and PLOT related translations from the OP. My upload speed is... bad, but hopefully I will have a copy on MEGA for tomorrow morning.

Will see how fast I can make progress translating all the story for the new seedbeds.

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Since I don't think everyone will get notifications about my long stream of edits, posting.

[Link depreciated due to issues with MEGA, check back on Page 37 for a new link]. Story from Base game, DLC 1, and DLC 2 are translated, from OP, but if you want to play the game without struggling to remember all your Japanese, it is now playable. Includes a save with full unlocks and a very powerful warren. Committed a few minor tweaks. Should be uploaded

There are still a few pieces missing from the UI, but nothing that shouldn't be obvious (sort functions on goblins), and I haven't touched the online battles introduced in DLC3. I'm working through some files still to identify where various odds and ends are stored. More story translation will be on the way.

I strongly recommend using Locale Emulator. Even though the visible UI is English there is still a lot of JPN backend.

Last edited:

GEORGEM

Jan 16, 2019
Since I don't think everyone will get notifications about my long stream of edits, posting.

Here is a link to an English Language UI Goblin Burrow DLC 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Story from Base game, DLC 1, and DLC 2 are translated, from OP, but if you want to play the game without struggling to remember all your Japanese, it is now playable. Includes a save with full unlocks and a very powerful warren. Committed a few minor tweaks. Should be uploaded

There are still a few pieces missing from the UI, but nothing that shouldn't be obvious (sort functions on goblins), and I haven't touched the online battles introduced in DLC3. I'm working through some files still to identify where various odds and ends are stored. More story translation will be on the way.

I strongly recommend using Locale Emulator. Even though the visible UI is English there is still a lot of JPN backend.
Do you mind if I ask what programs you use to edit the UI? I'm a little curious.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Do you mind if I ask what programs you use to edit the UI? I'm a little curious.
Notepad++, Notepad, and Excel :HideThePain:

Unpacked everything with KrKrExtract then just went through the files. All the relevant information for the UI is contained in maybe half a dozen different .ks files. There's a GameText file and Data file that contain the majority of stuff to translate, and any other odds and ends can be found relatively easily using a search for drawText and gameText. Kept track of things as I was changing them or finding them with an Excel sheet. Notepad++ has a better UI for doing 90% of the work, but for some reason just cannot handle the GameText file properly. Had to use trusty old Notepad to edit that file because literally anything other than direct, manual replacement would screw up the whole fucking thing. Since I had to do it all manually anyways I was using the free DeepL for translating anything out of the text files, Google and Yandex OCR for translating anything that only appeared on screen, added a little TLC so it's not just a raw MTL including a joke or two.

EDIT: To hunt down GameText instances in the game was 'fun'. The file is organised by giving each line of text a number that can be recalled elsewhere in the code, so in theory all UI elements are contained there and just referenced by the game's code. It should make translation easier by centralising all text instead of scattering it around the game files, but only for someone with a key unfortunately. To get around it I just added the number to the text, so that it would display in-game with what line of GameText was being referred to. It's why some of it remains untranslated: I can't find it.

Last edited:

Shiro-Nyaa!!!

Jun 12, 2020

Unpacked everything with KrKrExtract then just went through the files. All the relevant information for the UI is contained in maybe half a dozen different .ks files. There's a GameText file and Data file that contain the majority of stuff to translate, and any other odds and ends can be found relatively easily using a search for drawText and gameText. Kept track of things as I was changing them or finding them with an Excel sheet. Notepad++ has a better UI for doing 90% of the work, but for some reason just cannot handle the GameText file properly. Had to use trusty old Notepad to edit that file because literally anything other than direct, manual replacement would screw up the whole fucking thing. Since I had to do it all manually anyways I was using the free DeepL for translating anything out of the text files, Google and Yandex OCR for translating anything that only appeared on screen, added a little TLC so it's not just a raw MTL including a joke or two.

EDIT: To hunt down GameText instances in the game was 'fun'. The file is organised by giving each line of text a number that can be recalled elsewhere in the code, so in theory all UI elements are contained there and just referenced by the game's code. It should make translation easier by centralising all text instead of scattering it around the game files, but only for someone with a key unfortunately. To get around it I just added the number to the text, so that it would display in-game with what line of GameText was being referred to. It's why some of it remains untranslated: I can't find it.
i recommend using Visual Studio Code most of the times in game files it marks the parts like "welcome" in coler and you can just drop all your files you got in ther and use the search button on the left

( it will search for that word in all the files then as long as you opened all the files inside Visual Studio just sellect all the files in your folders and drop it in ther )

just a tip not sure if it's useful information ^^

Reactions: MuninKai

GEORGEM

Jan 16, 2019

Bruh, thank you for all your hard work! Your time and effort does not go unappreciated.

n0pe

Aug 27, 2018
Working on getting at least a functionally translated English UI for patches 4 and 5. There were actually some substantial changes to how the game was coded between patches 2 and 3. These should make it easier to make translation changes to the game but for some reason the critical file gets garbled by KrKrExtract, like it's encrypted or encoded strangely.

And diving through some of the other files, there is indeed a menu that is built in but not implemented for switching language to English and Chinese.

Yeah, they've basically made this functionally impossible to translate without a key to the Game Text file as far as I can tell. Not only did they overhaul the code in DLC3, they continued to overhaul the code in 4, and again in 5. Each time they moved previously translated code into that file, so that even the old translation is unreliable. Translating the UI might actually take longer than the still relatively straightforward task of translating the scenes, which remain encoded in open files.

Will then move to do the scenes now that I have all the files and am getting the hang of modifying them.

Note to future me: don't try to troubleshoot someone else's code starting at midnight. Go to bed. But, I have a functional English language UI!

There are still a lot of untranslated lines in the GameText file, and unfortunately since it's totally garbled I won't be able to translate them until I can find them in-game. But that means the UI needed to play the game is translated into English while retaining all story and PLOT related translations from the OP. My upload speed is... bad, but hopefully I will have a copy on MEGA for tomorrow morning.

Will see how fast I can make progress translating all the story for the new seedbeds.
you sir are one of my heros.
and thank you

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
i recommend using Visual Studio Code most of the times in game files it marks the parts like "welcome" in coler and you can just drop all your files you got in ther and use the search button on the left

( it will search for that word in all the files then as long as you opened all the files inside Visual Studio just sellect all the files in your folders and drop it in ther )

just a tip not sure if it's useful information ^^
Yep, Notepad++ has similar functions. Definitely recommend some kind of IDE for anyone who plans on rooting through game files.

And thanks, lads!

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
what languages does it support?
Currently the game is only in JPN except for partial fan translation to ENG. There are game files indicating the studio plans on eventually releasing an official ENG and CN translation.

firwirrung

Sep 9, 2019

Here is a link to an English Language UI Goblin Burrow DLC 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. Story from Base game, DLC 1, and DLC 2 are translated, from OP, but if you want to play the game without struggling to remember all your Japanese, it is now playable. Includes a save with full unlocks and a very powerful warren. Committed a few minor tweaks. Should be uploaded
Just finished downloading this and its asking for a password?

Edit: nevermind, it worked fine with 7zip. Not sure what was going on with a different app.

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Starting to think I should start a new thread for this project in the Translation section. I'm still pretty new to this forum, would that be the thing to do or should I just keeping posting these updates here?

'Cause I've done some updates.

v.20201219
- Updates to menus, and other UI elements
- Endings 11 and 12
- Appearance, Progression, and Capture events for Sabrina
- Conception, Delivery, and Sanity events for Sabrina

The capture event for Sabrina had some funny dialogue. Her struggles with her body got translated using erectile dysfunction posts on webforums, which are apparently a part of DeepL's library. I almost left the raw MTL in there for laughs but it made no sense.

Either way, the original link still works and is up to date for [Link depreciated due to issues with MEGA. Go to Page 37]

If you already downloaded the full, unpacked game yesterday, you can download the translation update patch using this link: . Just drag and drop into the Goblin Burrow folder and rewrite the files.

These are machine assisted, but I'm editing the translations so hopefully they make sense and folks don't mind me inserting a JoJo reference or two...

Current plan is to finish all the intro and birthing events for all the new characters before getting into the mating events.

Last edited:

Kyoka

May 5, 2019
MuninKai Greatly appreciate what youre doing Hats off to you good sir but would you please look into a game crash that keeps happening I downloaded Your latest uploadversion With MegaSync looks fine have System locale on Japanese But when i Capture Jada (thered hair Loligirl) and Breed her with goblins the game crashes and i Get an error messege of some Japanese kanjis and engv.201219\data\003_11a.png and some Japanese Kanjis after the error the game plays the music and the background but its locked i cant do anything it only seem to happen with Jada breeding so far i tryed a lot of other combinations and others work fine. iff you dont look into this no problem i understand best of luck to you! Edit: I used the Locale Emolator as well i run the game with it it still crashes at Jadas first breeding.

Last edited:
Reactions: GEORGEM

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
MuninKai Greatly appreciate what youre doing Hats off to you good sir but would you please look into a game crash that keeps happening I downloaded Your latest uploadversion With MegaSync looks fine have System locale on Japanese But when i Capture Jada (thered hair Loligirl) and Breed her with goblins the game crashes and i Get an error messege of some Japanese kanjis and engv.201219\data\003_11a.png and some Japanese Kanjis after the error the game plays the music and the background but its locked i cant do anything it only seem to happen with Jada breeding so far i tryed a lot of other combinations and others work fine. iff you dont look into this no problem i understand best of luck to you! Edit: I used the Locale Emolator as well i run the game with it it still crashes at Jadas first breeding.
Weird. I didn't change any of those files they were just a direct copy-paste from the base game.

Could you DM me a screenshot of the error message? The filename doesn't match with any of the usual structure for how images are coded in this game.

Started a new game and captured and bred Jada using a Goblin without any issues on my end.

Last edited:

Flocci

Apr 23, 2020
I encountetred the problem as well, it seems like actually all of the images for her are literally just missing from the image_0 folder for god knows whatever reason. Everyone else is present.

I was able to fix it by just copying the contents from a previous version and there seemed to be about 200 images missing when I did, so some girls other than Jade must have been partially affected as well. Jade was the only one where all scenes were missing. I hope none of the new DLC characters were affected by this.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
I encountetred the problem as well, it seems like actually all of the images for her are literally just missing from the image_0 folder for god knows whatever reason. Everyone else is present.

I was able to fix it by just copying the contents from a previous version and there seemed to be about 200 images missing when I did, so some girls other than Jade must have been partially affected as well. Jade was the only one where all scenes were missing. I hope none of the new DLC characters were affected by this.
Thanks for the details!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyoka

Flocci

Apr 23, 2020
It looks like the clothed portrait for Kyrie is also missing from the "fgimage" folder, and that can unfortunately not be carried over from an earlier version. It doesn't crash the game, but it means there are no pictures of her during her scenes.

I'll check if there's anything else missing from that folder.

Edit: Okay, so there's a couple other images missing in that folder, assuming that the DLC characters follow the same formula as everyone else.

Paige is missing 02b.
Kyrie is missing everything from 00a to 02a.
The succubus character is missing 00c, 03d and 03e.
The last DLC character seems to be complete.

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
It looks like the clothed portrait for Kyrie is also missing from the "fgimage" folder, and that can unfortunately not be carried over from an earlier version. It doesn't crash the game, but it means there are no pictures of her during her scenes.

I'll check if there's anything else missing from that folder.
That's so weird. I'm going through and they are in my game folders and the MEGA folder. Same for Jada. "fgimage" should have 489 items, including Kyrie's portraits st_024_00a.png through st_024_00e.png. How many are in the one getting downloaded?

Good to know that I should definitely put them into a ZIP file when I do final release. Uploading a ZIP of the whole game every time I do an update is a bit too much bandwidth for me though for the WIP stuff.

In the meantime, I uploaded Kyrie's standing portraits and I'm uploading all of Jada's scenes to the patch file right now. More files were missing than initially anticipated. Reuploading a ZIP of the full game.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 26 Votes