Darkbreed

Dec 17, 2020
in the xmas event scene there is a bug where u cant enter the port. There is also a bug when trying to find some plant. My saves are screwed over and now I cant leave the event.

Parodos

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2021
Hope you find some other solution as VP9 it sucks GPU is short for sleep an CPU is 100% ups did you use AMD trash for reduces the GPU use?? Sorry to say but this is my last try to play... See you and good luck with CPU VP9 use in Renpy... Not my cook but maybe others like bye bye...
You're having performance issues with the webm vp9 encoding? Would you mind elaborating a little.

Parodos

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2021
Attached is a big collection of bugfixes that qwertz7654321 helped me out with. They are included in the latest patreon version. I haven't tested them for older versions of the game, but it's possible they'll be useful, so I'd figure I'd share anyway since I don't like 'paywalling' bugfixes.

They should be extracted into the game's data folder, and it will ask to overwrite if you did it right.

On windows GoblinLayer\www\data
On mac I think it should be GoblinLayer\Game.app\Contents\Resources\app.nw

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
Bug report....

When leaving town in the East direction, there is an invisible block here, which prevents you from moving east... Must go south around and then north to get past. Has been present since day 1 of new game, persistent throughout.
1695312831430.png

Reactions: Parodos

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
I doubt that... Mos
we only fuck goblin ???
I doubt that... Likely we only fuck goblins till our female companions become completely enthralled with our prowess at fucking goblins; and somehow engineer a group rape of the Goblin Layer... Thus enlightening him to the virtues of Elf, Dwarf and human pussy... (at least I hope that's how it develops)...

But for now, yes... Goblin pussy only.

F1forhalp

SOTD: Drama Asylum - Paranoid Mind
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
we only fuck goblin ???
check the game's name again hrhrhr it's Goblin Layer. that hero has that kink. it ain't green, he ain't keen. i assume at one point (when all the Gobgirls are taken care of, or so) that story base may be weakened. i could imagine some of them wommenz paint themselves green. wouldn't be surprised, we have something with paint in the game already. :cool:

You're having performance issues with the webm vp9 encoding? Would you mind elaborating a little.
i have severe lag with this game, even tried the crunched version and the lag isn't that much improved, not sure what does it, because the GFX board doesn't have much load. the CPU however seems to be stressed with idk what, in both the full and the crunched version alike.
ok my system is kind of old, but it didn't lag before the game engine upgrade.

Parodos

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2021
check the game's name again hrhrhr it's Goblin Layer. that hero has that kink. it ain't green, he ain't keen. i assume at one point (when all the Gobgirls are taken care of, or so) that story base may be weakened. i could imagine some of them wommenz paint themselves green. wouldn't be surprised, we have something with paint in the game already. :cool:

i have severe lag with this game, even tried the crunched version and the lag isn't that much improved, not sure what does it, because the GFX board doesn't have much load. the CPU however seems to be stressed with idk what, in both the full and the crunched version alike.
ok my system is kind of old, but it didn't lag before the game engine upgrade.
What are your specs, just for reference. Technically the upgrade should've led to less lag...
Is it the game in general that lags, or just the anims?

Whatever Zone

Mar 4, 2018
Bug report....

When leaving town in the East direction, there is an invisible block here, which prevents you from moving east... Must go south around and then north to get past. Has been present since day 1 of new game, persistent throughout.
View attachment 2946129
Sorry, but why would you ask or want this in a game called GOBLIN Layer? Literally 99% of games have scenes with humans.

Let the dev focus on the 1 game out right now with a goblin focus

Whatever Zone

Mar 4, 2018
Feedback for the dev:

The writing is good and often funny. I would be happy just to get writing that isn't that weird/awkward literacy level of writing done by devs where English is a second language. No offense to them, I just like when writing (even if it's bad) reads as if someone actually speaks the language.

Feedback that won't likely have any impact:
The first goblin you fuck in the game is really fucking big. Part of the appeal of goblins to me is that they're smol and tiny. I hope you continue to add smol goblins in as development continues.

Thank you for this.

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
Sorry, but why would you ask or want this in a game called GOBLIN Layer? Literally 99% of games have scenes with humans.

Let the dev focus on the 1 game out right now with a goblin focus
??? I’m assuming you meant to reply to the post where i mentioned there would likely be sex options for the human, elf and dwarf characters associated with the PC …

in fact, if you use the patreon code to access the room, it already contains significantly advanced interactions with these characters… As to why i would want to fuck an elf, dwarf or human in a game called goblin layer, ask the maker. He put them in the game. I assume if he wanted to have only goblins, the ancillary characters wouldn’t be in the game at all.

Reactions: DrIvanR1314

F1forhalp

SOTD: Drama Asylum - Paranoid Mind
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
What are your specs, just for reference. Technically the upgrade should've led to less lag...
Is it the game in general that lags, or just the anims?
ok will PM you some specs. since the game is animated more or less everywhere (walking somewhere and having NPC walk around etc. is animation, right), it's the whole game lagging. rooms with more moving objects lag worse than rooms with less moving objects, the world map lags less than the town, indoors scenes lag somewhat worse than the town. lewd scenes lag comparably on par with the town lag.

debug log shows the following line:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Goblin Layer [v0.44.6] [Parodos] crunched

Info: The patreon password is password.;)
The Mac version is experimental and untested.

Original / Compressed Size Win: 2,25 GB / 327 MB (~14,54%) - GoblinLayer0446Windows-crunched.7z
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 2,32 GB / 452 MB (~19,48%) - GoblinLayer0446Mac-crunched.zip

Download (Win/Mac): - -

(y) My compressious likeses! (y) Give them to us you filthy little pervertses! :p

This compression is unofficial and not thoroughly tested, use it at your own risk.
The compressing process reduces the quality and can break the game.

Tools: - Cruncher 0.4.1 (bas@f95zone)

Last edited:

petdf

Apr 6, 2020
In my opinion its a great game and a nice idea.

BUT it has sooooo many bugs and glitches that it is impossible to play. I got stuck in northtown after saving the girl, becaue the blockage from the first entering blocked the shortcuts and one of the NPC blocked the only other way. I had no way to return to anything or try to reload a save. Also in previos occasions I was able to walk through EVERTHING only to get blocked by an invisible block.

So please try to go through everthing a fix those bugs. THX

4.50 star(s) 67 Votes