pcnop

Jun 26, 2018
Apparently a few things have been changed in the inventory in the new 0.36.3 version.

- a new item called '--------------------'. Apparently, the old 'ToDo' list item

- weapon and armor items have "disappeared" and are replaced to something which looks a sort of an index:
Axe 1/100
Bow 2/100
and so on...

- which leads to an incorrect 'Possession' count (i.e. always 0) in the weapon and armory shops.

Parodos

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2021
Apparently a few things have been changed in the inventory in the new 0.36.3 version.

- a new item called '--------------------'. Apparently, the old 'ToDo' list item

- weapon and armor items have "disappeared" and are replaced to something which looks a sort of an index:
Axe 1/100
Bow 2/100
and so on...

- which leads to an incorrect 'Possession' count (i.e. always 0) in the weapon and armory shops.
Are you using a save from a previous version? Or do you have the todo list on a new save

Parodos

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2021
I was using a save game file from a previous version (of course).
I'm doing some significant changes to items so that's probably why. Old saves will still work, but some weird stuff might happen as you've noticed :)

F9Zoney

Jul 1, 2018
i look at this greta game and i look at the changelog and i can only say damn this person does a lot of high quality work!

Reactions: Parodos

pcnop

Jun 26, 2018
I'm doing some significant changes to items so that's probably why. Old saves will still work, but some weird stuff might happen as you've noticed :)
I can perfectly understand.

Anyway, the '-------------------------------' item is really anecdotic. It's more annoying for the weapons and the armors.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Goblin Layer [v0.36.3] [Parodos] crunched

Original / Compressed Size Win: 731 MB / 189 MB - GoblinLayer0363-crunched.7z

Download (Win): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

Tools: - Cruncher 0.4.1 (bas@f95zone)

Shattear

Apr 15, 2021
Same for me, a lot of times I try to explore the map in the new update game sometimes freezes or when I enter a house or a new zone the game stays black indefinitely

Parodos

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2021
Same for me, a lot of times I try to explore the map in the new update game sometimes freezes or when I enter a house or a new zone the game stays black indefinitely
Is it any specific location, or random?

Parodos

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2021
So the game just doesnt start anymore, the window opens but it stays black indefinitely.
Ok, this is a bit of a long shot. But would be appreciated if you couldtry these fixes. Move the "www" folder from the fix into your game folder. Do one at a time and then try to starting the games. It should ask if you want to replace some files, select yes.

Last edited:

TheOffspring8042

Nov 9, 2018
1 When you tried the fixes above, this it ask you if you wanted to replace some files?

2 What if you put this in the www/js/plugins folder? Select yes if it wants to replace.
I'm just going to be talking about the black screen on startup issue since that is the one I've encountered. It doesn't ask you if you want to replace files with the first two fixes that you posted. The last folder in the chain from your first two fixes is called plugin instead of plugins, I took the files and from the plugin folder and put them into the plugins folder, replacing the ones that were there. That seems to have fixed the issue of a black screen at start-up. I've also played around with it a bit and it seems like only the first fix file is needed, you need to move the plugin from the plugin to plugins folder though. The second and third fix, on their own or combined with each other don't fix the issue. I'll try playing with just the first fix to see if I can find the issue that Shattear brought up.

Edit: Also when it starts up with how I setup the fix it says 0.36.2 in the bottom left, not sure if that's important.

Last edited:

DickMcFuck

Aug 13, 2019
1 When you tried the fixes above, this it ask you if you wanted to replace some files?

2 What if you put this in the www/js/plugins folder? Select yes if it wants to replace.
1 no it didnt, it just replaced them.

2 still same, window opens but stays black.

DickMcFuck

Aug 13, 2019
I'm just going to be talking about the black screen on startup issue since that is the one I've encountered. It doesn't ask you if you want to replace files with the first two fixes that you posted. The last folder in the chain from your first two fixes is called plugin instead of plugins, I took the files and from the plugin folder and put them into the plugins folder, replacing the ones that were there. That seems to have fixed the issue of a black screen at start-up. I've also played around with it a bit and it seems like only the first fix file is needed, you need to move the plugin from the plugin to plugins folder though. The second and third fix, on their own or combined with each other don't fix the issue. I'll try playing with just the first fix to see if I can find the issue that Shattear brought up.

Edit: Also when it starts up with how I setup the fix it says 0.36.2 in the bottom left, not sure if that's important.
taking the files from plugin and putting them into plugins did it for me as well.

Parodos

Game Developer
Jul 16, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
taking the files from plugin and putting them into plugins did it for me as well.
Alright, thanks for being bug testers :D

The first plugin is should improve picture loading times in theory, but I guess it caused trouble for you guys for some reason. The fix disables it. I'll try switching it out for something else in the future.

Could you post your system (windows?), graphics card and ram if it is not too much trouble?

(the 0.32.2 is just me forgetting to change the number....)

TheOffspring8042

Nov 9, 2018
Alright, thanks for being bug testers :D

The first plugin is should improve picture loading times in theory, but I guess it caused trouble for you guys for some reason. The fix disables it. I'll try switching it out for something else in the future.

Could you post your system (windows?), graphics card and ram if it is not too much trouble?

(the 0.32.2 is just me forgetting to change the number....)
No problem, thanks for responding so quickly! I'm using windows 10, a gtx 1080 and 16 gb ddr4 ram.

4.50 star(s) 67 Votes