blacklight47

Feb 24, 2019
and it's hard, people complain, and if it's easy people complain.

Just accept it and move on...at least is easy, otherwise you would be whining non-stop about "but it's impossible! sob sob"

seriously, i'm grateful that he didn't put a puzzle or some weird riddle thing, or math-problems or something like fire emblem(where if a character dies in battle, is gone forever). I don't think the dev will listen to this kind of pointless feedback, anyway.
people complaining that will never end I love the game no matter how easy or hard it is because its a dark futa fantasy which is almost unheard of.

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
people complaining that will never end I love the game no matter how easy or hard it is because it's a dark futa fantasy which is almost unheard of.
But complaining can be valid and shouldn't be dismissed.

BUT this game's focus is on the plot and its dark and heavy story.
Dismissing the game for its gameplay section without a constructive answer/reason is what hits me wrong.

You can genuinely not enjoy mandatory mini-games like this, everyone is different, and that is okay!
Talking trash about the game because of the mini-game that takes like what 10 mins total of 3 hours+ of content?

I'm happy we're getting something different, like eternum felt like a good fresh take and done so with very good quality.
I'd rather get unique and different things than the same old play safe formula where every character feels that they came from the same mold.

Not all games need to have mini-games or interactions that is very true, but this one wasn't half-assed thrown in at the last second. It feels like it was built with a purpose and to fit within the story.

UNLIKE
the dev's previous game, Braveheart Academy which had puzzles, and those didn't help improve the game or the narrative.
They were fun for me at least, but they didn't make much sense.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
But complaining can be valid and shouldn't be dismissed.

BUT this game's focus is on the plot and its dark and heavy story.
Dismissing the game for its gameplay section without a constructive answer/reason is what hits me wrong.

You can genuinely not enjoy mandatory mini-games like this, everyone is different, and that is okay!
Talking trash about the game because of the mini-game that takes like what 10 mins total of 3 hours+ of content?

I'm happy we're getting something different, like eternum felt like a good fresh take and done so with very good quality.
I'd rather get unique and different things than the same old play safe formula where every character feels that they came from the same mold.

Not all games need to have mini-games or interactions that is very true, but this one wasn't half-assed thrown in at the last second. It feels like it was built with a purpose and to fit within the story.

UNLIKE
the dev's previous game, Braveheart Academy which had puzzles, and those didn't help improve the game or the narrative.
They were fun for me at least, but they didn't make much sense.
You, Keep Talking.gif

Seriously, you said everything i'm thinking so i'll shut up until something relevant comes up XD

• Wow
Reactions: SnowyFrost

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
Update on patreon:

1646874161964.png

Hey everyone!

I've got to say I'm surprised about the positive feedback the game got despite its controversial chapter I!

It wasn't for everyone, and God's Call definitely will not be.
I'm aware that as development goes on it can not reach a wider audience because of it.
But that still doesn't take away my vision for the game.

I want to deliver an impactful, engaging story with a lot of hardships but also amazing moments within it.

I've heard many concerns over DM's and messages about the music used and rest assured this was not intended to go beyond chapter I.

Music will be UPDATED from this update onwards as expected.

As the game gets more funding I can now look for paid-royalty music to purchase so the game has that extra unique feeling.

Just like its environments that are being purchased and ported.

Development on Chapter II has already started, and you will have a "HUB World" where you'll progress the story.
(If you're eagerly waiting for H content, you'll be pleased with the upcoming update.)

Side content will also be added (to develop and create deeper relationships with different characters and talk/show more about the game's plot and lore.)

The map will also be upgraded, as with again, these additional funds really just help me make the best game I can possibly can.
The map was done using the free version, it's quite limited.

But I'll be getting into its monthly subscription to make the map better and create dynamic moments within the map so you can see the progress in real-time.

And last but not least!

The battle system, it's being made by an amazing programmer Kia Azad, he has a GitHub/Youtube page(His name) where you can see what he has worked on in the past.
And if you're looking for a Ren'Py mini-game developer I highly recommend him.
But of course, this wasn't for free and it was a paid commission, and we couldn't have done this without the funds we've gotten from everyone supporting the project.

And especially 4 really kind people that have always been there pushing the project forward with their kind gestures.

Frezal, Chaos, Ainz, Rysao have been there from almost day one.
And they fully funded Chapter's 0 and 1 assets and locations.
(Some are still being ported due to unfortunate delays.)

They always gave me more than they should, but I can only be eternally grateful and become the best developer I can possibly be.
(These MF's have been doing this throughout the entirety of Braveheart)

But none of this could have been done without everyone's support, not only that for everyone that showed support and shared with the game so others could experience both Braveheart Academy and God's Call.

If you want to vent it out or give feedback feel free to do so on our discord, me and the game's community is happy to receive you.

I really do hope you enjoy playing God's Call as I've enjoyed making it.

God's Call is a long-term project that splits its narrative into three paths.
Knowing it will be a long project I'll be opening a new tier(50€) limited to 10 maximum patrons and opening annual subscriptions, those having a 10% discount if you're interested in supporting the project long-term.
(New updated tier images too!)

Those on the new tier/annual sub will get a special thanks within the upcoming game's Splashscreen, and a one-time-only claim on a custom God's Call Render!

Thank you everyone ♥!

(And I'll always be releasing information about new chapters for free both on Discord and Patreon! And you can expect a free SFW and NSFW wallpaper to celebrate chapter 1!)
TL;DR:
- Big Statement made by the dev thanking the community and its supporters.
- Dev gave a shoutout to Battle System Dev/Specific supporters/Map tool.
- Music was a known issue the dev is going to buy paid-royalty music.
- Chapter 2 will get a "HUB World". (Don't know what this might mean)
- Improvements and more details will be added to the map.
- We're getting a free SFW & NSFW wallpaper celebrating chapter 1.

Last edited:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Well that escalated quickly. Great story though. I'm just going to start a countdown until the MC goes full Genghis Khan and forces everyone to obey or die.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
i mean...he could...but how many beastfolk-haters we have in that camp? Yannei(for sure), surely that other captain with the thunder-lance magic-thingy(whatever it was that showing-off) and several other soldiers. Imagine that your bestfriend brings in your house, your worst enemy's brother while telling you "he is a good guy, innocent and harmless" would you believe him? I mean if you're reasonable you may give him a chance...but always with the doubt of "he is still my enemy's brother" and "he MAY have manipulated my bestfriend so that he could bring him here and spy on me"

it's classic racial hate and racial fear.

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
Persona 5
Never played it.
So, if it is a reference/callback or even to set a pretense, I wouldn't know.

i mean...he could...but how many beastfolk-haters we have in that camp? Yannei(for sure), surely that other captain with the thunder-lance magic-thingy(whatever it was that showing-off) and several other soldiers. Imagine that your bestfriend brings in your house, your worst enemy's brother while telling you "he is a good guy, innocent and harmless" would you believe him? I mean if you're reasonable you may give him a chance...but always with the doubt of "he is still my enemy's brother" and "he MAY have manipulated my bestfriend so that he could bring him here and spy on me"

it's classic racial hate and racial fear.
What if... it was Rheiner or Leatrix? 1647035278308.png

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
What if... it was Rheiner or Leatrix? View attachment 1698978
MC would trigger another bloody "Celesta Insignia" <-- which is the equivalent of the Eva01 in berserk triggering the Third Impact by mistake(bc Shinji is having one of his tantrum inside a giant robot made of the flesh of a divine being)

MC already has like 2 or 3 genuine friends(Leatrix, Arcaena and the dead mage which i always forget the bloody name sorry XD), Rheiner despite being a good guy, he is pretty much pro-war. One of these friends died(rip mage, you'll be missed i was hoping he was the trap-romance XD like Blair in Braveheart Academy XD) so now are 2(Lea and Arcaena) now imagine one of these two being a traitor or the murderer of Feera. MC would blame them for the act of killing(but can't vocally blame them without admitting what he did first and his possible mistake in not telling to Lea or the whole rest of the team), and himself for putting Feera in such a risk as sneaking her in the camp to "keep her safe from the actual battle and possible squads on patrol".

Imagine the emotional mess he would be...

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Yeah, the story and writing actually was surprisingly good and makes me want to play more.
But all the other stuff, and giving female character models with huge tits male names and male pronouns is very questionable too me.......... on top of the probable sandbox.
I probably won't continue playing unless I find out how to do my own name/words replacement mod for this game.

Really think it would be better if the "males" in this game would be referred to as futas with female pronouns and not have male german names like Reiner.
let me guess...you also care about the races and religions of the characters...or if the MC's penis is huge like a cobra or not

The story involves that the males look feminine...again, i don't see where is the issue here...at least the male characters don't look generic like in every other Honey-Select based games...(and someone may feel interested into a malexmale relationship in game...like MC and trap-Blair from Braveheart Academy)

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
The first version of my futa mod is out now :PogChamp:
It changes 2 male names and a lot of male words to their female/futa version.
If you look at the source code its pretty simple and self-explanatory.

To install put it inside your "game" folder.
LMAO Rheiner is Rena :ROFLMAO:.
I mean hey, if you enjoy it like that sure.
Whatever floats your boat!

One thing that I find funny is that "male" is replaced with "futa".
Should they be "she" regardless then? I am baffled when people have a hard time playing the game while reading "male" on people that look female(Even when integrated with the story), but accept it casually when they are called futas :LOL:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
LMAO Rheiner is Rena :ROFLMAO:.
I mean hey, if you enjoy it like that sure.
Whatever floats your boat!

One thing that I find funny is that "male" is replaced with "futa".
Should they be "she" regardless then? I am baffled when people have a hard time playing the game while reading "male" on people that look female(Even when integrated with the story), but accept it casually when they are called futas :LOL:
some people just dislike canonical things because they think "it would be better IF....[finish the sentence the way you prefer]"

when some stories are pretty decent without having annoyed fans thinking they could do better(usually by ruining everything anyway XD)

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
1- Fact check: Mostly false.
I don't care which religion characters have.

2- Well the males-looking-female thing kinda works for the androgynous-looking MC with very small breasts.
But when someone with a female character model, female face and huge tits, is called like a guy I used to know and a guy from Attack On Titan, then my immersion is broken.

3- Yeah, I wanted to go with "Reina" first, but then I realized his hair color is like Rena Ryugu's, and "Rena" is easier to distinguish from other names in the game.
The problem with both "Rheiner" (Reiner) and "Alfred" is that they don't really have a female counter-part, so I had to be a bit creative.
I'm open to changing them though.

4- The game specifically states the human realm has 2 genders and has them wear different-colored wristbands, so I wanted to keep them separate to not change the game's lore.

5- It's simple.
When a male has a sexual relationship with another male it is considered gay.
But when the sexual relationship is with a female, that happens to have a feminine dick, then it's all straight and good.
The game also has no [gay] tag.
(numbered so you know to which statement i'll try to answer)

1- Then why care about names and stuff(same can be applied to gender of the characters)? Maybe they're plot-relevant.

2- You've a very weak sense of immersion then...or maybe too much tight to other medias...still if you've issues over these details...maybe you should stop watching VNs(bc most of them have references...also the english alphabet has like only 26 letters...names are bound to be similar either the authors are referencing on purpose or if the reference is just a weird coincidence not planned by the authors)

3- Read point 1 and 2 all over again

4- Maybe with your mod, you changed the game's lore without even knowing yet u.u i mean it's first chapter(or second if you count the prologue as a chapter XD some people do, some don't...i'm among the formers bc it's the second release after all XD)

5- When it's with an hermaphrodite(or futa) it's actually considered intersexual or cross-sexual...or simultaneously Gay and Straight(bc we don't know if MC reciprocate eventual blowjobs and sexual intercourse...i mean in Braveheart academy with Sissy/Trap-Blair you could give him a blowjob and let him fuck MC)

• Angry
Reactions: Ullubu

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
1 – Well, you didn't ask about gender. I do care about what gender characters are, since I'm only sexually interested in females.
I also doubt it will be plot-relevant, since none of the characters stated they have a preferred gender pronoun so far.
Honey Select simply has bad-looking male characters, so the developer used female character models with a dick for males.
I specifically tried not to change the game's lore by keeping the 2 different genders.

2 – Yeah, but the fact remains, the renders use canonically-female Honey Select models.
They are officially not classified as males/hermaphrodites/sissies/traps.
1- I did...it's the whole point(not now, but a few messages above), i just made examples and rhetoric questions about what you MAY find problematic. Honey Select, has decent looking males btw...i mean the MC of Braveheart academy, doesn't look like a male K-pop star but he was...realistic looking? He looked like the HS-version of a random student: hair(of a realistic colour), glasses, normal clothes(jacket, shirt, and pants), a decent penis. Also the moment you download a game(after reading the tags) i believe you accepted the game as it is. Maybe i'm lucky that i'm a demi-omnisexual(i dislike to say Pansexual bc reasons too long to explain, and i'm demi bc as long as i feel something positive, like love, for a person, i'm okay with everything they may be) but you don't see me having problems with who is male or female. I'm not insulting you or being a social justice warrior, i'm just genuinely interested and curious about your situation because i don't get where is your problem with this game's content. Also question at random: If two futa have sex with each other, is it gay to you? i mean technically have both types of genitals, so they're both of the same gender...if two persons of the same gender have sex, is called Homosexuality(or Gay-sex) so...theoretically two futas having sex with each other is gay.

2- Does it really matter? not to me.

• Angry
Reactions: Ullubu

MasterRan2

Dec 16, 2019
Guys, my menu disappeared in game. On my android phone, the Menu buttons and save button dissappeared and cant save :'(

Gapple2021

Jul 17, 2021
Guys, my menu disappeared in game. On my android phone, the Menu buttons and save button dissappeared and cant save :'(
Seems to be a bug for the android version, I made a patch for myself which you can use if you want.
*In order for it to work you have to load a save NOT start a new game.
*Adds letters "Q_M" in the top right, when clicked re-activates menu buttons.
* To install put in game folder in com.domain.godscall, probably have to create the game folder.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowyFrost

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
New Public Poll to the community decide how to tackle releases.

TL;DR:
Singular = Release all chapters 2(and so on) at the same time.
Triple = Release each chapter as soon as it's ready.

1647538821040.png

3.80 star(s) 26 Votes