Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
..me whine....think u got the wrong person....
..also i'm just giving ma opinion.....on a forum....no need to get so mad fam.....
i'm not mad...i'm disappointed in people.

also, i say whine, because you don't see me complain about stuff...at best i questioned a few other users here about how the story will go(bc i'm here for that)

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
i'm not mad...i'm disappointed in people.

also, i say whine, because you don't see me complain about stuff...at best i questioned a few other users here about how the story will go(bc i'm here for that)
..u complain about other users tho.......and now we gettin off-topic....
..and i don't need more good boi infraction points......

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
..u complain about other users tho.......and now we gettin off-topic....
..and i don't need more good boi infraction points......
because people apparently refuses to learn. i mean, why asking to skip the minigame? or complaining about that is too easy or too boring? Why not talking about the story or making theories about it? (which fyi i think it's far more pleasant than just saying "this thing sucks!")

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
because people apparently refuses to learn. i mean, why asking to skip the minigame? or complaining about that is too easy or too boring? Why not talking about the story or making theories about it? (which fyi i think it's far more pleasant than just saying "this thing sucks!")
...cuz i can....if u wanna talk about the story...do it...
...don't expect everyone to do the same...or think the same way as u tho....
..now i go back to the shithole....see ya....
..thanks for the headpat...love ya too..

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
...more like the combat is boring...and way too easy....
The first two encounters are fairly easy since you have more units, so you're bound to win.

The last one is at a nice sweet spot because it has the same number of units.

Boring? Why is it boring?
It felt refreshing playing something new.

Can it get repetitive if this was like chapter 4?
Yes for sure it could if overdone yes.

And I understand Demoness here, because the last thread (Braveheart Academy) was a fiesta of toxicity about the game's puzzle mechanic (and other things too).

You can give your opinion and criticism for sure, I'm sure the dev wants it.
I'm sure Chrys wants to read and listen to constructive criticism.

But saying, "it's trash lol remove pls"...
Is that really the way to talk to people?

(How easy they are is arbitrary, and varies way too much so we will skip that part)
So let's turn your point around, why do you feel it's boring?

Is it a lack of units?
Lack of unit variety?

I have a feeling that many people here do NOT want to improve the/a game to the best it can be, but are extremely selfish and want the game to be what THEY want it to be.

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
The first two encounters are fairly easy since you have more units, so you're bound to win.

The last one is at a nice sweet spot because it has the same number of units.

Boring? Why is it boring?
It felt refreshing playing something new.

Can it get repetitive if this was like chapter 4?
Yes for sure it could if overdone yes.

And I understand Demoness here, because the last thread (Braveheart Academy) was a fiesta of toxicity about the game's puzzle mechanic (and other things too).

You can give your opinion and criticism for sure, I'm sure the dev wants it.
I'm sure Chrys wants to read and listen to constructive criticism.

But saying, "it's trash lol remove pls"...
Is that really the way to talk to people?

(How easy they are is arbitrary, and varies way too much so we will skip that part)
So let's turn your point around, why do you feel it's boring?

Is it a lack of units?
Lack of unit variety?

I have a feeling that many people here do NOT want to improve the/a game to the best it can be, but are extremely selfish and want the game to be what THEY want it to be.
...boring cuz it was too slow..maybe speed up animations..and not much strategy involved.....maybe if we had any say in the deck building....
....the future siege battles look better tho........hope they get more difficult tho.....

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
...boring cuz it was too slow..maybe speed up animations..and not much strategy involved.....maybe if we had any say in the deck building....
....the future siege battles look better tho........hope they get more difficult tho.....
Yep...we really need another game that uses gwent-like minigames...

which (based on what i saw on this website) is exactly what kills a game AND the creativity of a content-maker. I stick to give constructive feedbacks without imposing my ideas of the game, thanks. Too bad this website doesn't offer a list of advices for developers/story-writers/graphic-designers.

• Angry
Reactions: mide and Ullubu

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
Well, faster animations could be nice as a toggle for sure, especially if many of these start popping up.
(It wasn't that hard now was it! Was any dev suppose to understand that the battles were slow with your "its boring?")

I think we will get deck building for the bigger battles as well as unit skills and attacks.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I think we will get deck building for the bigger battles as well as unit skills and attacks.
speed aside, i think the minigame is fine as it is...i mean, imagine having a deck full of explosive units...gg super easy...they've like 15 HPs and 25 attack? Only the defensive unit stands a chance...barely.

• Angry
Reactions: mide and Ullubu

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
speed aside, i think the minigame is fine as it is...i mean, imagine having a deck full of explosive units...gg super easy...they've like 15 HPs and 25 attack? Only the defensive unit stands a chance...barely.
I think it will use different cards, for example on the tutorial some values were different for example the card text.

1646583701112.png

Back row would make sense on the bigger version.

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
i'm talking about the enemy faction...and i said explosive units...not destroyers ^^
I meant that in a generalized way, as in all units might be different for both sides.

But now that I think of it I would love to join the beasts make a deck full of Berserkers and Avengers and storm through the camp for some juicy revenge :mad:

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I meant that in a generalized way, as in all units might be different for both sides.

But now that I think of it I would love to join the beasts make a deck full of Berserkers and Avengers and storm through the camp for some juicy revenge :mad:
ops then. but if you can do deck building...why limit yourself? make a deck of defensive units or explosive ones...again gg easy(max attack and "defence" possible) i think this the dev would put rules or banned/limited cards like in yugi-oh XD

that's why (in this case) i prefer random decks, they force you to be more strategic, to “manage properly” what you have, not knowing what units you'll have in the next draw ^^

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
ops then. but if you can do deck building...why limit yourself? make a deck of defensive units or explosive ones...again gg easy(max attack and "defence" possible) i think this the dev would put rules or banned/limited cards like in yugi-oh XD

that's why (in this case) i prefer random decks, they force you to be more strategic, to “manage properly” what you have, not knowing what units you'll have in the next draw ^^
That's a fair point, it forces players to adapt to the situation which can be fitting with war.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
That's a fair point, it forces players to adapt to the situation which can be fitting with war.
again 20 explosive units(with insane attack and decent hp) or 20 defensive units would turn the mini-game into just clicking and waiting for your victory...what stops a player to have those 20 units if you put deck building?

in a sense, the minigame(speed aside) is already perfect as it is ^^ the randomness makes it risky.

If you want a skip-button, it's fair...but so far there is no point for wanting it.

SnowyFrost

Oct 28, 2020
again 20 explosive units(with insane attack and decent hp) or 20 defensive units would turn the mini-game into just clicking and waiting for your victory...what stops a player to have those 20 units if you put deck building?

in a sense, the minigame(speed aside) is already perfect as it is ^^ the randomness makes it risky.

If you want a skip-button, it's fair...but so far there is no point for wanting it.
Hahaha, I meant to have them randomized would be the fair point, which in turn forces players to adapt to the environment.
(Meaning as it stands right now in the game, sorry wasn't clear enough :cry:)

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Hahaha, I meant to have them randomized would be the fair point, which in turn forces players to adapt to the environment.
(Meaning as it stands right now in the game, sorry wasn't clear enough :cry:)
english isn't my main language either, so don't worry about it, i was confused a few times while talking

but i stand by my point, AT LEAST for now, the minigame is fair and solid

Reactions: SnowyFrost
3.80 star(s) 26 Votes