Ren'Py Golden Hearts and Dark Mysteries [v0.41] [Radiant Heart Games]

2.30 star(s) 3 Votes

spblu

Aug 28, 2017
For those still following this game, there's a new update focused on Grace, 0.33. You can get it at . Luckily the dev finally figured out how to properly compress the game so its only 1 GB instead of 4+.

Personally I don't know if I can stand playing through the whole thing AGAIN.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Golden Hearts and Dark Mysteries [v0.33 Public] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 4.50 GB
Original Size Mac: 4.46 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 287 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 253 MB: -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
I suppose if the game is so complicated where we have open boxes and find things and use multiple items together then there should be a guide explaining all these things else there is no sense. I know it is very complicated process but then the users will get frustrated and stop playing it if they are not able to do anytihng without hints and get stuck

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
There's not much to walkthrough, once you get to the main "meat" of the game so far it's just grind points by remembering which girl likes which things and answering accordingly. But you are right that there are some minor little "cutscenes" that I'm not sure the trigger for, and someone could write a date guide if it somehow isn't obvious enough.

You just reminded me though that one of the hilarious things about this game so far is the one character who is supposedly sophisticated and intelligent is also easily wooed by telling her terrible dick jokes over and over.
Well I dont understand what you mean by no walkthrough is needed. We need them for passwords, how to open boxes is still a mystery and many other things so not a walkthrough but more of a guide of how to do things would be handy.

Reactions: MTZ32

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
I don't know if others have that problem but for me using items was impossible since the screen for using items didn't show before I click the "return" button and progress throught the script without selecting the item so I made a slight modification so the inventory screen hide without actually return to the script so the player can actually choose to use the item. A slight problem is the hovering text doesn't disappear immediatly but just hover over another button or menu and it disappear.
Here are the scripts extract and replace in the game folder.

spblu

Aug 28, 2017
Well I dont understand what you mean by no walkthrough is needed. We need them for passwords, how to open boxes is still a mystery and many other things so not a walkthrough but more of a guide of how to do things would be handy.
I posted that back when the game was literally just "grind points and hope for random cutscenes". The whole adventure game style item gathering and combining was added later. I agree, I actually got stuck myself a bit in the more recent updates and haven't actually played the whole game through since then. If I actually play through the game again maybe I'll do a guide but frankly I haven't been able to bring myself to do that yet.

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
As far i read game needs walkthrough and i want ask someting aswell. We have vaginal sex with blonde milf? Or vaginal sex tag is for another woman ingame?

Thisguyishere101

Aug 11, 2017
I got the bag, cant talk to Valerie at home.
Took me a little bit to figure out. go to the players home and explore. in one of the rooms look for a (!)

also i have no idea how to use items. there is a box in the yoga area that says it needs a lockpick. i have one but i cant figure out how to use it

Last edited:

no_name_742

Aug 9, 2017
i desperately want to like this game, but its not making it easy. does anyone know where scarlet's hideout is? NVM There is only the one hideout, just need to explore it for the !

Also the game needs a much better way for random scenes to trigger, like not making them random duh

Last edited:

Devka

May 8, 2017
I don't know if others have that problem but for me using items was impossible since the screen for using items didn't show before I click the "return" button and progress throught the script without selecting the item so I made a slight modification so the inventory screen hide without actually return to the script so the player can actually choose to use the item. A slight problem is the hovering text doesn't disappear immediatly but just hover over another button or menu and it disappear.
Here are the scripts extract and replace in the game folder.
Got the same problem but your fix isn't working for me. Checked the dev's patreon and they have the fixed gui_inventory_menus.rpy on there but it is still behind a paywall even though 0.33 is now free.

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
Got the same problem but your fix isn't working for me. Checked the dev's patreon and they have the fixed gui_inventory_menus.rpy on there but it is still behind a paywall even though 0.33 is now free.
I realised I corrected it only for the quest_item and not for regulars items (lock pick for example didn't work). Try this version and let me know if it helps. I seriously don't understand why he made such a system of items and fetch quest (like the lantern for a camera) but it is what it is.

Reactions: groove888 and Devka
2.30 star(s) 3 Votes