Radon671

Feb 4, 2022
I didnt get it: does Dr.Molly stole concept or he stole literally everything, including renders? Does he has assets and possibility to move further the plot and renders himself? I don't give a fck about ethics, i just want this awesome game keep live.

DaxOfAllTrades

Goblin Lover
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Hey everyone! Dax of the previously mentioned "Meet Dax".
I can safely tell you all the game is pretty close to done to the 0.2 update. I can tell y'all that there's AT LEAST ~1200 renders (EXCLUDING ANIMATIONS) that I wish I could share, so... yeah.

Fuck it, I'll even show something here without telling Molly :p. (it may or may not show up in the next release)
ChuchConfes17_Camera (7).png

As for the "drama":
I understand if I come off as a bit biased, but to claim that Molly "stole everything" I think is at best a bit disingenuous and at worst completely false, BUT I have yet to talk to IHS themselves so that's all I'll say on it now. However if anyone has a way to get in contact with them, please shoot them my way. I'd love to talk one on one. :unsure:

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY!
(wouldn't mind seeing more of you on the Discord... j/s)

Last edited:

Radon671

Feb 4, 2022
I can safely tell you all the game is pretty close to done. I can tell y'all that there's AT LEAST ~1200 renders that I wish I could share, so... yeah.

Fuck it, I'll even show something here without telling Molly :p. (it may or may not show up in the next release)
View attachment 2371225

As for the "drama":
I understand if I come off as a bit biased, but to claim that Molly "stole everything" I think is at best a bit disingenuous and at worst completely false, BUT I have yet to talk to IHS themselves so that's all I'll say on it now. However if anyone has a way to get in contact with them, please shoot them my way. I'd love to talk one on one. :unsure:

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY!
Thx for respond! By "the game is pretty close to done" u mean about update, or you guys go THAT far?

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: MikeOG

Noxat

Oct 17, 2022
I can safely tell you all the game is pretty close to done to the 0.2 update. I can tell y'all that there's AT LEAST ~1200 renders (EXCLUDING ANIMATIONS) that I wish I could share, so... yeah.

View attachment 2371225

As for the "drama":

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY!
I think you are misunderstanding something here.. IHS where Dr.Molly and RoylGato or whatever his previous username was (a team) and they decided to make a game and RoyalGato invested money in the development whatever that amount was and Dr.Molly bailed took all of the renders that where made on a Workstation that was paid for by RoyalGato.. so in legal terms you call that theft i guess

Last edited:
Reactions: acondo
Sep 18, 2022
I think you are misunderstanding something here.. IHS where Dr.Molly and RoylGato or whatever his previous username was (a team) and they decided to make a game and RoyalGato invested money in the development whatever that amount was and Dr.Molly bailed took all of the renders that where made on a Workstation that was paid for by RoyalGato.. so in legal terms you call that theft i guess
Allegedly.

Always two sides to a story and none of us will ever have clarity in what really happened. The offending party could be Molly, the other guy, or both.

If this team can put out regular, quality updates, then why should any of us give a shit.

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
Hmm. Troubling development. So, if anyone was wondering, the progress bar has been updated, and everything is at complete except code, which is at 5/11. That was posted on Discord on 01/31/2023.

Anyway, I caught up on the drama, and I tried out the game on IHS Patreon. The one called The X. It's exactly the same as this game minus the title screen, logo, and music (there's no music in The X). It was released on IHS' page on the same day as this game was released on Dr.Molly's page (about an hour before). I can't see most of the previews on the IHS page, but there was one preview dating back to April 2022 of Amelia that was made public. Dr.Molly's page's first post was the release of this game.

So yea, I'm not sure what to make of this. I mean, if v0.2 gets released, then I guess that'll alleviate any worry of this game being real. But I personally think that the game is very real and is being developed.

And if anyone was wondering, the posts on Dr.Molly have been predominantly preview renders. 20 previews to be exact. There's been little communication on the page, although Molly is pretty active on the page's discord. The most communication done on the Patreon page was shortly after the initial release where there was a content poll to vote on what side quests get worked on, and an explanation on how content polls will work going forward.

It would be a good idea to hear Dr.Molly's perspective. These are pretty alarming accusations. With that being said, it doesn't seem like IHS is trying to take this game back or anything. Their last post indicates that they're working on a new game, but that was back in September. So, if we want to see this game continue development, Dr.Molly will be the one to do it.

Edit: Here's the progress bar from the Discord.
PB_31_01.png

Sep 18, 2022
Hmm. Troubling development. So, if anyone was wondering, the progress bar has been updated, and everything is at complete except code, which is at 5/11. That was posted on Discord on 01/31/2023.

Anyway, I caught up on the drama, and I tried out the game on IHS Patreon. The one called The X. It's exactly the same as this game minus the title screen, logo, and music (there's no music in The X). It was released on IHS' page on the same day as this game was released on Dr.Molly's page (about an hour before). I can't see most of the previews on the IHS page, but there was one preview dating back to April 2022 of Amelia that was made public. Dr.Molly's page's first post was the release of this game.

So yea, I'm not sure what to make of this. I mean, if v0.2 gets released, then I guess that'll alleviate any worry of this game being real. But I personally think that the game is very real and is being developed.

And if anyone was wondering, the posts on Dr.Molly have been predominantly preview renders. 20 previews to be exact. There's been little communication on the page, although Molly is pretty active on the page's discord. The most communication done on the Patreon page was shortly after the initial release where there was a content poll to vote on what side quests get worked on, and an explanation on how content polls will work going forward.

It would be a good idea to hear Dr.Molly's perspective. These are pretty alarming accusations. With that being said, it doesn't seem like IHS is trying to take this game back or anything. Their last post indicates that they're working on a new game, but that was back in September. So, if we want to see this game continue development, Dr.Molly will be the one to do it.

Edit: Here's the progress bar from the Discord.
Why do we need to hear DrMolly's side of the story? Is there some kind of trial going on? Winner gets rights to produce the game?

Molly is making the game, IHS isn't. Follow/Play/Support if you want, or don't.

Not that complicated lol

sevendustkorn1008

Mar 24, 2020
Why do we need to hear DrMolly's side of the story? Is there some kind of trial going on? Winner gets rights to produce the game?

Molly is making the game, IHS isn't. Follow/Play/Support if you want, or don't.

Not that complicated lol
As a matter of principle. I am a Patron, and whatever the drama behind it is, I'll continue being a Patron (as long as the game gets updated regularly). Others may feel differently. Others may read the accusations against Dr.Molly and feel they did something shady, and may not want to support someone who does something shady like that. With IHS' side being the only account of the drama behind the scenes, IHS controls the narrative.

That's why I said it'd be good to hear from Dr.Molly about this. That is, of course, unless Dr.Molly thinks it would do more harm to themselves by presenting their side.

Again, that's just my perspective.

DaxOfAllTrades

Goblin Lover
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Do you have an ETA?
Molly just gave me the go ahead to say "THIS MONTH"

The last chunks of coding a worked on, and the only other real thing is my going over a grammar/spelling pass, but as I'm out of town for a bit, it'll probably be pushed to 0.2b (or whatever you call it)

Hope you all are as excited as I am!

Noxat

Oct 17, 2022
As a matter of principle. I am a Patron, and whatever the drama behind it is, I'll continue being a Patron (as long as the game gets updated regularly). Others may feel differently. Others may read the accusations against Dr.Molly and feel they did something shady, and may not want to support someone who does something shady like that. With IHS' side being the only account of the drama behind the scenes, IHS controls the narrative.

That's why I said it'd be good to hear from Dr.Molly about this. That is, of course, unless Dr.Molly thinks it would do more harm to themselves by presenting their side.

Again, that's just my perspective.
Your Logic is flawed and makes no sense

1. The X was released on IHS patreon before Dr.Molly released his Renpy version of it
  2. The X and the Renpy version have the same dialogue same renders and same idea only difference is that it has music (and from what i understood the programmer couldn't do anything about it because he didnt know where Dr.Molly wanted the music played at and in which moment.
  3. Someone got scammed and brutally got abused for the resources he paid for and it wasnt Dr.Molly
  4. and i say it again IHS is Dr.Molly and RoyalGato

How does "unless Dr.Molly thinks it would do more harm to themselves by presenting their side." harm him? on the contrary this kind of story should have been laid to rest long time ago and Dr.Molly should have said something about it in public which is truthful and makes sense and not a mambo jumbo. instead he choose to rebrand the game as Golden Mean and thats its like he is trying to hide something.

as i said before this kind of story should have been laid to rest a long time ago and the way i see it none should have supported him until this kind of story was laid to rest because the supporters are literally telling other people that (going by the patreon story here) its ok to scam people out of their money or any other scam which is a really bad practice

and i am going to put my 2 cents on this prediction that this game will never be finished it will be fast buck grab and bail like the other games

Last edited:

DaxOfAllTrades

Goblin Lover
Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I think you are misunderstanding something here..
Oh trust me I have a pretty good grasp on the situation, and am privvy to some other information that isn't "on the record" either, but it's not my place to speak for either party. (Still have yet to speak to IHS too, but I'm pretty sure his position is clear)

Despite being a part of Molly's team, I did try to come at this as objectively as possible and the results... Honestly I'm underwhelmed.

It sucks, but sometimes mommy and daddy just can't get over their issues and the divorce is all but inevitable.

Noxat

Oct 17, 2022
Oh trust me I have a pretty good grasp on the situation, and am privvy to some other information that isn't "on the record" either, but it's not my place to speak for either party. (Still have yet to speak to IHS too, but I'm pretty sure his position is clear)

Despite being a part of Molly's team, I did try to come at this as objectively as possible and the results... Honestly I'm underwhelmed.

It sucks, but sometimes mommy and daddy just can't get over their issues and the divorce is all but inevitable.
How i understood what you just wrote you are anything but objective about this matter i am more objective than you i didnt take sides and i will never will, why not make a group chat in discord and try to contact RoyalGato to join it and let them speak about what happened ? and clear things and someone that natural to be the judge of it ? this how you can be objective about an issue like this

"Despite being a part of Molly's team, I did try to come at this as objectively as possible and the results... Honestly I'm underwhelmed."
This is as none objective as you can get you are contradicting yourself you already took sides

i dont know if you are trying to ignore or even hide the fact that IHS is a studio that was created by RoyalGato and Dr.Molly

But again as i am working right now i dont have much time to waste on this virtual issue on the internet between 2 virtual people but my opinion neither Golden Means or RoyalGato game should be supported until all of this is cleared with the discord idea i talked about above

DaxIn3D why not ask Dr.Molly if he is ready to do that and we will contact RoyalGato to do the same

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 81 Votes