Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I like this game but with dumb decisions like this I don't see this growing. This is probably one of the best ways of pushing away people that want to support the game.

Reactions: mma456

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Am I reading this thread right? You pay the dev money to support the game and then have to wait a month to actually get the game? The hell? I was literally about to sign up for this patreon before I read this. Is this real or am I misinterpreting things? If it's real, this is the stupidest idea ever. The dev has to realize this is losing him money. There is literally no reason to do this at all.
As hard to believe as it is, yes it's real.

9alwa

Sep 16, 2020
Am I reading this thread right? You pay the dev money to support the game and then have to wait a month to actually get the game? The hell? I was literally about to sign up for this patreon before I read this. Is this real or am I misinterpreting things? If it's real, this is the stupidest idea ever. The dev has to realize this is losing him money. There is literally no reason to do this at all.
Yes. And no so far he is making more money than he ever was.

Xen-chan

Apr 6, 2023
With the really bad history of this game and the scamming thing, I am not surprised at all by this stupid and idiotic idea. People are comparing it to the day before... I think you guys got it all wrong. The Day Before "Devs" should learn from this guy. Not to mention the noticeable degradation in render quality from 0.1 to 0.3, and the time frame that there is between releases makes no sense. But that's all I am going to say—not worth my time. and sure as hell, it is not worth a cent of my money either.

Last edited:

CellStudios

and team member
Game Developer
Aug 3, 2019
Can you guys chill, please, and be nice? DrMolly.. Oh, sorry, he goes by Dex now. would greatly appreciate it if you guys could keep the thread of this "game" clean.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not :unsure:

cozynot

Jan 19, 2020
Yes. And no so far he is making more money than he ever was.

is this factual? i can't imagine how he's making more money when all the new people would have to wait a month before they can access what they paid for. it's literally putting people off supporting altogether. so the only support he should be getting are the ones who were already doing so.

the only way i see this working out monetarily (momentarily) for molly is people paying now so that they can access to the next update, but even then, those that feel like they were hard done by with this update will leak the next update with a lot more haste as a way to get back at molly. it's just not a healthy approach at all and could potentially damage the future of the game entirely.

Last edited:

cozynot

Jan 19, 2020
As he said he don't give a fork(fuck) about you if you wanna support then do otherwise get a refund and Stfu his lines..:)

if he doesn't care about losing potential customers = money, then why the hell does he care about leakers? you're losing money both ways. it could even be argued that he'd have made more money the old way as more leaks would mean more exposure and more people wanting to support. those that don't want to pay and want it for free will stay that way but now those who feel like they've been scammed by having to still wait a month before being able to access what they paid for may not want to pay at all. it's such a nonsensical approach and needs to be reversed.

1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
is this factual? i can't imagine how he's making more money when all the new people would have to wait a month before they can access what they paid for. it's literally putting people off supporting altogether. so the only support he should be getting are the ones who were already doing so.

the only way i see this working out monetarily (momentarily) for molly is people paying now so that they can access to the next update, but even then, those that feel like they were hard done by with this update will leak the next update with a lot more haste as a way to get back at molly. it's just not a healthy approach at all and could potentially damage the future of the game entirely.
agreed. personally i like when devs release their own stuff here. theres always going to be leakers, but if they get active in the community it encourages more people to support you. this attitude isnt going to help much and just make more people refuse to join their patreon

Reactions: Cockva
Apr 29, 2023
is this factual?
1705092574657.png

It's quite simple. The only people pissed off at his new rule are:
1. Pirates who will never ever sub to any dev since now they can't play for free.
2. Those who will only join for a month from time to time.

Those who support multiple devs for more than one month are the folks who give developers the majority of their income, they don't care if they have to sub for two or more months since they intend to stay anyway.

Also it's funny when I see people saying "why wait a month after you already purchased the game" You all seem to forget that this is Patreon and not Steam. You don't buy the game, you subscribe to the dev, so more or less he can set this up however he wants for as long as it's announced, so people know before subscribing.

4.20 star(s) 81 Votes