RottenPlum

Jun 17, 2017
if he doesn't care about losing potential customers = money, then why the hell does he care about leakers? you're losing money both ways. it could even be argued that he'd have made more money the old way as more leaks would mean more exposure and more people wanting to support. those that don't want to pay and want it for free will stay that way but now those who feel like they've been scammed by having to still wait a month before being able to access what they paid for may not want to pay at all. it's such a nonsensical approach and needs to be reversed.
From what i understood reading a few posts here, his supporters were complaining about leaks so he put one month embargo on new people who pay up not getting update, so apparently it was not his decision but bitching from some of the long time whale patreons. He could've put it on one week only for new supporters but whatever. Next time if there are any of those supporters still paying for basically 2 releases per year, some of them are probably gladly going to leak it here on day one and unsub.

1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
that sucks. if thats what happened than he was put between a rock an a hard place. either pissing of the longtime big spenders or pissing of the new spenders

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
that sucks. if thats what happened than he was put between a rock an a hard place. either pissing of the longtime big spenders or pissing of the new spenders
No, it's not a hard place. If a longtime supporter of mine asked me to do this, I would flat out refuse. Depriving someone of a product they paid for is lunacy, and completely unethical.

Rancioman

Jun 17, 2017
No, it's not a hard place. If a longtime supporter of mine asked me to do this, I would flat out refuse. Depriving someone of a product they paid for is lunacy, and completely unethical.
Sponsoring a developer is a voluntary act, if I were a developer and a sponsor of mine didn't like what I do, I would tell him, well, you can leave: here no one forces you to pay me or to stay. Most authors benefit much more than they lose from forums like this forum that give them visibility and free publicity.
So I think the excuse the developer gives is quite poor, if not pathetic.

Babalui

Apr 2, 2019
I hope the admins will close this thread again, it's really tiring to read these anti-piracy posts on a piracy site from those who don't want to share. You have a Patreon, you paid so discuss there. I don't know what the hell you're doing here on this forum, it's not like you're downloading content you didn't pay for, is it?

Rancioman

Jun 17, 2017
"the only thing that matters is that the developer keeps making content" 100% I think we all want that.

"wasn't hacked right away either" Yep all games leaks/get hacked eventually, my point was that too many people here get outraged if they can't steal the content at the same time as those like me who pay have access to it, so seeing how the pirates at least for this game have to wait a month or two does make crack a smile.

Especially knowing that those don't have it yet. :LUL:

View attachment 3256697

See you guys when the next update is out on Patreon. :LUL:
It's great if you voluntarily sponsor this and other developers to continue their work. But I don't know if you looked correctly, this is a pirate forum, so people who come to this forum come because they get pirated things here. So I'm going to explain it to you as if you were 5 years old: they are in the right place asking for what they are asking for. What I am not very clear about is what are you doing here if you have already paid for the content and you already have it.

Last edited:

1800 Mr. Tourture

Jun 10, 2017
i agree with you personally. just that i still think its a shitty situation to be put in. (assuming the dev is a good person, i know nothing about him and i dont think he is active here for people to get to know him)

If there is even a Patreon left...

It's only a matter of time before it gets reported like all the other dev's Patreon's of late.
yeah theres a mass execution going on for some reason. i saw some conspiracy theorists on this site claiming patreon has people with accounts here to find things to ban. no idea if its true, but it wouldnt surprise me at this point

Babalui

Apr 2, 2019
yeah theres a mass execution going on for some reason. i saw some conspiracy theorists on this site claiming patreon has people with accounts here to find things to ban. no idea if its true, but it wouldnt surprise me at this point
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Why are these reports happening?
There is just someone mass reporting games, basically any game with incest (a few had rape and blackmail), it does not matter if I made a patch, another user or some random from the internet, Patreon is still going after them. If it has built in with codes, or a toggle, or name change, or official patch, it's being reported.

Right around or before Christmas at least 30 or more have been reported, and a lot are now gone. And still now more are getting reported, basically any game that has incest and hits the front page is getting reported.

Many devs have removed patches, many have removed themself from thread ownership, many have gone belly up and are now only on SubscribStar.

Note, Steam, Itch.io, and SubscribStar and Bootsy as well are unaffected.

Victorin

Mar 18, 2019
Right around or before Christmas at least 30 or more have been reported, and a lot are now gone. And still now more are getting reported, basically any game that has incest and hits the front page is getting reported.
Many devs have removed patches, many have removed themself from thread ownership, many have gone belly up and are now only on SubscribStar.
Do you have a list of those "30 or more" devs/games who were banned/reported from patreon lately ? Is there a thread about this ?

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Do you have a list of those "30 or more" devs/games who were banned/reported from patreon lately ? Is there a thread about this ?
I don't know about 30, but I've noticed quite a few "patreon problem" threads in the dev forums. Always shocks me that people are surprised when their game that contains incest gets banned off a platform that doesn't allow incest.

Reactions: mma456

Xen-chan

Apr 6, 2023
If you don't want to read the whole thing, go to the end of the post for a summary.

View attachment 3256528

It's quite simple. The only people pissed off at his new rule are:
1. Pirates who will never ever sub to any dev since now they can't play for free.
2. Those who will only join for a month from time to time.

Those who support multiple devs for more than one month are the folks who give developers the majority of their income, they don't care if they have to sub for two or more months since they intend to stay anyway.

Also it's funny when I see people saying "why wait a month after you already purchased the game" You all seem to forget that this is Patreon and not Steam. You don't buy the game, you subscribe to the dev, so more or less he can set this up however he wants for as long as it's announced, so people know before subscribing.
Mate 199 patrons are peanuts. It makes no difference if it's 100 or 199. it's still in the Peanut category. What does this indicate for the third release? A complete failure of a project, and to be honest, it's not surprising.

This game will be abandoned sooner or later, and the Futa (lol) poll is a huge indication of a desperation so high that the "dev" is willing to divert from the story (I don't think it can be called that to be honest) and to incorporate Futa into it, that's a HUGE sign of desperation.

It's an indication of greed and stupidity. He could, for example, say
  1. I will make a poll at a later time. (And never do that.)
  2. I will think about it.
  3. I will consider it.
  4. I don't think it's a good idea.
etc., the dude is a clown.
As I said above, a desperate clown tends to do desperate clown shit.

The Summary:

The dude is desperate for patrons, thus coming up with this stupid idea. He knows (I think... doubt) that 200 patrons since game release is a really bad sign, and at the moment he is doing what most companies do when they are in a desperate situation, and that is client retention (almost 95% failure rate, by the way). . In this case, patron retention..Rip game..and this was bound to happen sooner or later for the obvious reasons

As someone who works in numbers and knows a thing or two about probabilities, the chances of Dr. Molly (Dex in F95)...this idea About 30 days is his idea, but he wanted to shift the blame from himself to the poor schmucks that support him, thus avoiding a lot of things and doing that poll. They usually come up with the excuse that some patrons are private messaging me, and they asked for this poll. This definitely works, as no one is going to start private messaging other users in Discord. And if it was asked in general, no one would reply, because there was never anyone who asked for it in the first place. From all of this and the 30-day thing, the only guy that is going to be on top is the developer, and how so? Easy; it almost 100% guarantees that the schmuck who is willing to pay and wait for 30 days for the game that he paid for will pay for another month. because he will only be able to get his hands on the game the second time he pays for the second month. Thus, he is out of what? What is the clown calling it? Prison, lmao, it's a 100% scam. and I seriously and honestly feel bad for the people who do this.

The probability of this is pretty high.

PS

I am not a doomer. I am just a simple F95 citizen who is driven by facts and lives in the real world, not some fantasy world.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 81 Votes