Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
As far what @Mwanted said. You may not be entirely wrong, but the opening sequences are much more high impact because the player is asked to provide the majority of Ash's personality in one go. Further character development is much more gradual and natural. All I can think of is, maybe, you should say no more often. This game is not one of the many others where you are intended to see every unlockable scene.
Hey Sarmnem, I'll try to explain myself better: it's not only a matter of saying yes or no or making choices, like you wrote above and I've underlined it's a matter of personality. In the first part I felt like I could really shape a personality for Ashley because the world reacted to it pretty well. You could go for naive and weak, or naive and strong, or indifferent, or rational and weak, or rational and strong. You could literally roleplay those personalities and the game (plot and npcs) reacted pretty well.
What did I expect? That the game would allow you to bring those personalities you shaped forward: you acted weak, or strong, or naive, or rational? The game would recognise that and respond accordingly.
What really happened? That we have one single personality where the most we can define is more slutty or less slutty. That's it. Sure there're a lot of variables, choices&consequences and so on, but right now the world only recognise the one dull personality above. I think the really big mistake here was route all the gang blackmail paths to one exit: the badass drugdealer bitch, or no. That literally erased all the personalities we shaped till then (especially the weak ones, but not only those) in one go. It may seem like a minor aspect, but in the long run I'm totally sure it brought down the (potential) quality of the game quite a bit.
It's difficult to explain, but I hope I made what I feel a little clearer :)

Reactions: vduh

Brickman

May 26, 2017
Hey Sarmnem, I'll try to explain myself better: it's not only a matter of saying yes or no or making choices, like you wrote above and I've underlined it's a matter of personality. In the first part I felt like I could really shape a personality for Ashley because the world reacted to it pretty well. You could go for naive and weak, or naive and strong, or indifferent, or rational and weak, or rational and strong. You could literally roleplay those personalities and the game (plot and npcs) reacted pretty well.
What did I expect? That the game would allow you to bring those personalities you shaped forward: you acted weak, or strong, or naive, or rational? The game would recognise that and respond accordingly.
What really happened? That we have one single personality where the most we can define is more slutty or less slutty. That's it. Sure there're a lot of variables, choices&consequences and so on, but right now the world only recognise the one dull personality above. I think the really big mistake here was route all the gang blackmail paths to one exit: the badass drugdealer bitch, or no. That literally erased all the personalities we shaped till then (especially the weak ones, but not only those) in one go. It may seem like a minor aspect, but in the long run I'm totally sure it brought down the (potential) quality of the game quite a bit.
It's difficult to explain, but I hope I made what I feel a little clearer :)
Man you've been bitching about the Thug route for months. You even changed your Rating to 1 star just because the dev failed to cater to your own personal fetishes and expectations:

"EDIT: I want to change my rating because of what happened recently (from 0.10 onwards, more ar less). Basically there was a path (Wilson/Gang) where we had a little bit of blackmail/submission/taking advantage of. Nothing major, but was well written and complemented all the rest with its dark themes. I liked it a lot, then the developer suddenly took a U-turn and invented something totally unrealistic to avoid, block, censor that path (Ashley becoming best drugdealer ever out of the blue). Why? Probably because he/she got stupidly scared of Patreon rules. Then we have a game that remains good, but not as good as it should have been. There is little I hate more than censorship and dishonesty, so I went to loving the game to almost hating it right now. That's the reason for the one star. Maybe one day the developer will undertand what a mistake it was but I doubt it."
I think Ashley's personality is defined trhough her actions. You have thug Ashley who's radically different from the other ones, that's plain to see. Then you have sexy and goodish Ashley. You get sexy Ashley when you rack up bad points, and you can act a bit slutty or super slutty with that one. And good Ashley who is a lot more caring and has access to romance options (Dad, Dave, Jack) that the othe rones don't. Also you can define how self-assured and confident about her body and public image she is, and the reasons she gives for that are different depending on what kind of Ash you play (one is more body-pisitive while the other just loves to tease guys). You can be shy by avoiding posting on Instagra, and taking part on the videoclip or you can pursue fame. You can be violent or shy when facing the landwhale. As another person commented before, your Good and Bad points even define what Ashley says when her Mom cooks dinner for her, for fucks sake, if that's not attention to detail and character nuisance I don't know what some people expect. You can't find any other game out there that has this much character psychological customitzation, not just in the erotic genere. Of course the game could be better and have endless variations and alternate dialogue with each character and hunderd more choices and so on, but considering this is a game by a single indie developer I'd say it's more than excellent and a lot of criticisms come from people who want their own personal vision of the game portrayed for them.
No offence intended btw.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
I got this error after choosing the sexy show with Norman.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
sexnorman is defined at the start of v0.15 since v0.15alpha
if you continue a save from v0.15preview this var isn't defined and you get this error
just start a save prior the v0.15 content

Feb 3, 2018
That would be the dream.

The scene where she is on the phone with Eric while fucking the dad makes me go crazy. I will try to play the game again to get this route as well. I MUST see it.
I had to try it a few times after asking here. This is what I did.

Start a Bad Ash route but don't start being a massive massive douche until Eric leaves, otherwise he'll break up with you. You need about 10 ish good points and i had about 5-8 bad i think. Simple things like being mean to Dad give you loads of bad points. The night he leaves, make sure to pick "I want an open relationship"
Then once he leaves for Somalia, go crazy, every bad option possible. You'll need to be super open and willing with Wilson, become his bitch, join the gang and sell drugs for them etc. Eventually after a few skype calls with Eric, you'll have a evil option of "give him something to remember" or something similar. Then you cuck him.

Reactions: Jude6 and TheBat

TheBat

May 1, 2017
I had to try it a few times after asking here. This is what I did.

Start a Bad Ash route but don't start being a massive massive douche until Eric leaves, otherwise he'll break up with you. You need about 10 ish good points and i had about 5-8 bad i think. Simple things like being mean to Dad give you loads of bad points. The night he leaves, make sure to pick "I want an open relationship"
Then once he leaves for Somalia, go crazy, every bad option possible. You'll need to be super open and willing with Wilson, become his bitch, join the gang and sell drugs for them etc. Eventually after a few skype calls with Eric, you'll have a evil option of "give him something to remember" or something similar. Then you cuck him.
Tried it and yes it worked! Got that was an amazing scene!

WRONGS

Jan 14, 2018
Shit, I've watched that August Ames (RIP) clip a bunch of times and never noticed that it was the Ashley/Arthur scene. Amazing.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018
Hmmm, where I've seen these before? :test:
Oh, bloody hell! This is now a confirmation of a "feeling" I had, regarding pictures of Ashley in the game. I had a feeling. I will put it in spoiler tags, because once it's said it can never be made unsaid. So If you read the spoiler, and you agree with me
and this gives you a hm, wiered feeling about the game and Ashley, don't blame me, blame your curiosity!

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Man you've been bitching about the Thug route for months. You even changed your Rating to 1 star just because the dev failed to cater to your own personal fetishes and expectations:
Not my fetishes, my expectations on the quality of the game. I think I explained why pretty well with the last post.
And I'm even more convinced now that I've seen the game evolving. It remains a good game, no doubt about that, but could have been way better.
And stop calling bitching what I felt/feel about the game, ty.

gmn

Jan 12, 2018
Oh, bloody hell! This is now a confirmation of a "feeling" I had, regarding pictures of Ashley in the game. I had a feeling. I will put it in spoiler tags, because once it's said it can never be made unsaid. So If you read the spoiler, and you agree with me
and this gives you a hm, wiered feeling about the game and Ashley, don't blame me, blame your curiosity!

Brickman

May 26, 2017
Not my fetishes, my expectations on the quality of the game. I think I explained why pretty well with the last post.
And I'm even more convinced now that I've seen the game evolving. It remains a good game, no doubt about that, but could have been way better.
And stop calling bitching what I felt/feel about the game, ty.
First of all, no ill intentions in what I'm writing. I call it bitching because I don't think your arguments are solid or coherent, at least I don't see it the way you do at all and I tried to provide the examples.
The game of course can be a lot better, basically because it's not finished yet. It could be better if a team of 20 people or a AAA studio was working on it. But what we have is an indie game like no othe rin the genere and one I'm very thankful we can enjoy.
And if you think you have the insight to ceate a game like GGGB but way better, please be my guest and make it yourself. I would totally love to get to play such a game, as everyone in this thread.
Competition is good and I feel this is the game that's pushing other devs to make better scripts and choice mechanics.

mazariah

Apr 27, 2017
I see this happening so much on this forum so let me just spell it out: Just because a game doesn't cater to your fetishes does not make it a bad game and leaving a 1 star review because you're incapable of accepting the content in the game and expecting change based on your preferences and expectations is absurd and frankly childish. It's especially ridiculous in a game like this that has so many options and different scenes. Don't like the thug path? Don't play it. It's quite simple really.

4.70 star(s) 383 Votes