HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Well is there a legal issues for a character? I mean School girl should be fine for steam right? And maybe have a "softer" route with the step sister this game could be a really solid VN game, I love the UI too its clean yet effective. I really could see this game become those old Japan style gal game where theres multiple route of ending for each character and you have to balance between the girl route and earning money to buy stuff. But anyway hope they could solve their problem with Steam.
Look for this two post

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is doing well?
The time is going by so fast it's getting frustrating. A lot of progress has been made in the last few days. Improvements for you as well as for me.
I want to share with you my progress as well as the mistakes I have made and how I am progressing to correct them, this is my way of thanking you for your support and maybe my mistakes will be useful in some way.
The first thing that will make my life easier is to finally use Git for versioning extra life, it was not the case before(shame on me). I was keeping each version like it was a treasure but the more time passed, the more difficult it became to find my way around.
Today, I make all the modifications I need, I send it on the repo and when I come back the next day I know exactly what I modified, it's just magic.
In terms of security, some things will change, during the month of March, I noticed that some devs were using extra life assets without authorization for their own games. This kind of thing may happen more in the future and I can't monitor everything that others do.
From the next version, it will no longer be possible to extract the game archives, everything will be encrypted in a different way from other Renpy games. Unren type utilities will not work anymore. These changes will be transparent to you, but a beta will still take place to make sure that everything works correctly for everyone.
There will be a new survey in April about Chiaki, so things are going to get interesting so don't miss it. Should Chiaki become lewdable?
Oh, one last thing, there is still some content left with Asami, so you will be pleased to have a little update in April.
And the best for the end, the announcement of a new game in a few days.
Take care of yourself, thanks to all of you who help to finance this project. I am certainly repeating myself but without you, this project would be nothing.

PS: And my birthday is on April 20th :p
Here is yesterday's post.

Hi everyone, the subject we will deal with today is quite different.

I swore to myself when I started to develop Extra Life that I would always do what was necessary to be transparent with you. To tell you about my success as well as the failures I have encountered. Because don't think for a second that everything goes smoothly with every update.

We often encounter a ton of problems, the goal being to solve them in the best way possible. Today we will talk about Steam. Steam represents for any game developer the holy grail of the online store. However, it's necessary to think twice.

The positive points:
- Steam is strangely more permissive on the adult content, take for example the theme of "rape", as much on Patreon it is an almost immediate closure of page, on Steam it is not the case.
- The user base on Steam is about 130 million people. But I don't think for a second that everyone has activated "display adult content" but if 10% have done so it's still huge, much more than itch.io
- If the game sells well on Steam, it's the insurance to ensure the sustainability of extra life and to be able to offer more projects in the future.

The negative:
- Some contents authorized by Patreon (for the moment), are not authorized on Steam.
- Steam validation is not to be underestimated, it's much more complex than I thought. This earned me a ban.
- Steam, takes a 30% commission on absolutely all sales. As a reminder, Patreon takes about 16%, and itch.io is according to the will of the developer so between 100 and 0%.

The origin of the Steam ban.
I thought the ban came from using the term high school and dating sim in the game which implied minors. I guess there is no such thing as an 18-year-old high school student. The other problem was Chiaki, it's a character that was deliberately underage but had no lewd content (which is perfectly normal).

Steam refuses any representation of a minor in an adult game, whether there is content about her or not. As long as Chiaki is 12 years old in the game, Steam will never accept the game.

The good news is that even after a so-called ban, it's always possible to take the Steam validation exam by paying again the 100$ fee.

So here's what I'd like to suggest, forget the 12-year-old Chiaki and say hello to the new 18-year-old Chiaki instead. To keep some coherence in the story, Chiaki would be Minato's twin sister, extremely shy as if she was hiding a terrible secret.

The advantage of this character is that she doesn't speak much so I won't have to change much text. The last interesting point is that Chiaki is 18 years old and can become a lewdable. To finish convincing you, here is the sketch of the new 18 years old Chiaki. What do you think about it?
View attachment 1749330

Reactions: Artix0

mickymouse

May 1, 2017
can the op add a description like 'An old version with norico using an alt skin' or something similar right underneath 'Noriko Special (0.4.3)': just to stop all the questions asking what that version is about?

MangoIces

Aug 9, 2017
Look for this two post
Welp Sadly the dev had to deal with all of this mess from Steam.
It quite weird cause I swear to god I have seen Hardcore Japanese School Girl H game on steam before like Material Girl, etc. Even some of the current Hentai/Adult Tags game that are trending on Steam right now are with School girl as the MC.
So, Im not so sure of why Steam applied this double standard on OP right here.
And If im not mistaken Japan Legal age is 12+ (Not saying its not wrong, just stating its the law of Japan), So Steam should be Ok as long as the Character is 12+ right? But honestly I wouldn't want Chiaki to be lewd anyway while I was playing it.
I would much prefer MC actually be the good guy and save her from her weirdly "overly protective" brother.
Hope Dev could sort it out with Steam soon and Release it on Steam.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
And If im not mistaken Japan Legal age is 12+ (Not saying its not wrong, just stating its the law of Japan), So Steam should be Ok as long as the Character is 12+ right? But honestly I wouldn't want Chiaki to be lewd anyway while I was playing it.
I would much prefer MC actually be the good guy and save her from her weirdly "overly protective" brother.
Gross, dude, who cares what the legal age in Japan is? Why would that have any impact on steam's policies? Steam isn't even Japanese. Steam's not going to sell content that's not legal in the vast majority of countries that it operates in.

forbiddentwo

Jun 20, 2017
Don’t join the games discord as a helpful advice. They let high tier patrons post terrible content but don’t ban them because they are high tier. As long as you don’t interact with the community the game is really fun, I enjoyed Asami’s route. Wish there was a more Vanilla route for Noriko.
Color me intrigued.

TruongNguyen

Mar 28, 2020
It would be better if there were more sounds during sex and conversations. The graphics are very nice but it's boring if there's too little sound

agregen

Oct 28, 2019
I guess there is no such thing as an 18-year-old high school student.
AFAIK most japanese highschool students are 16 in their freshman year, and 18 in their graduate year (which makes them legal in absolute majority of the world… also including nearly all of USA, incidentally).

The other problem was Chiaki, it's a character that was deliberately underage but had no lewd content (which is perfectly normal).
Steam refuses any representation of a minor in an adult game, whether there is content about her or not.
So apparently their headcanon is that there can be no lewds in a world where children exist?…
Smh this reminds me of that "No sex in USSR" quote. 'bout as much logic in it, too.

From the next version, it will no longer be possible to extract the game archives
Well that can't possibly be a true statement: the game has to do it to actually function. So it's perfectly possible to do that, it just takes some extra effort compared to most other games.
(…Honestly it's a futile effort, IMO: if someone actually wants to rip these assets, they could simply start up the game and make as many screenshots as they like, completely circumventing all these “protective measures” altogether. The fact that this is like the 2nd game ever that even bothers to do this – out of those I've seen around here, anyway, – is also telling.)

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
The dev really had to mess with the code, the game won't even start for me because of it.
Look for this post, it explains why he had.

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is doing well?
The time is going by so fast it's getting frustrating. A lot of progress has been made in the last few days. Improvements for you as well as for me.
I want to share with you my progress as well as the mistakes I have made and how I am progressing to correct them, this is my way of thanking you for your support and maybe my mistakes will be useful in some way.
The first thing that will make my life easier is to finally use Git for versioning extra life, it was not the case before(shame on me). I was keeping each version like it was a treasure but the more time passed, the more difficult it became to find my way around.
Today, I make all the modifications I need, I send it on the repo and when I come back the next day I know exactly what I modified, it's just magic.
In terms of security, some things will change, during the month of March, I noticed that some devs were using extra life assets without authorization for their own games. This kind of thing may happen more in the future and I can't monitor everything that others do.
From the next version, it will no longer be possible to extract the game archives, everything will be encrypted in a different way from other Renpy games. Unren type utilities will not work anymore. These changes will be transparent to you, but a beta will still take place to make sure that everything works correctly for everyone.
There will be a new survey in April about Chiaki, so things are going to get interesting so don't miss it. Should Chiaki become lewdable?
Oh, one last thing, there is still some content left with Asami, so you will be pleased to have a little update in April.
And the best for the end, the announcement of a new game in a few days.
Take care of yourself, thanks to all of you who help to finance this project. I am certainly repeating myself but without you, this project would be nothing.

PS: And my birthday is on April 20th :p

Reactions: Mad Max: Creampie

Mr snor

Jul 12, 2020
is it just me or is there something very wrong here? these people are making 9k a month but there is only this amount of content and the game was released a year ago?!?! I really don't understand how they have so much money but so little content

JayneDoe

Sep 8, 2018
is it just me or is there something very wrong here? these people are making 9k a month but there is only this amount of content and the game was released a year ago?!?! I really don't understand how they have so much money but so little content
You are wrong here :D This game was last updated 2022-04-16 / 16.04.2022 so I don't know what you mean with "a year ago"

the game gets more or less frequent updates, so its scedule is like most others on this site

4.00 star(s) 180 Votes