Gdimaamo

Mar 28, 2018
This game has amazing corruption but im gonna have to reluctantly drop this
ive put 8 hours into this only for all of my save files to disappear by itself overnight

Edit: they didnt disappear overnight, i have all my files in www/save, however, when i boot up the game, im accessing save files that limited to2 hours in

Last edited:

djweish

Apr 1, 2018
There's nothing wrong with having a lot of text since descriptions can make or break a game.
Normally I might agree with you, but the way it's handled in Pregcess just makes the game a real chore to get through. First time I played it, I went for a pure as possible ending - that means never leaving the dungeon once you enter, to avoid being hit by the initial curse that requires bathing to cure. And it was a fun game. Went a little glitchy at the part which forces you back to town (since the game obviously expected I'd been back to town before), but got past it with no real issues and completed it. Nice. Then I tried to replay going for full corruption, i.e. unlocking every scene. Eesh. Every scene is long. I mean long! Not only are they long, but they're generally extended - you start a scene in one place and it leads into a few different areas, each really, really long. And the way the game is set up, it highly incentivises you to complete every available scene before heading into the dungeon (completing all the scenes usually provides a bonus for the current dungeon level). So the flow of the game is 1. Complete every available scene, 2. Go to the dungeon for a level, 3. Go back to town and complete every available scene... and repeat. With the length of the scenes, that means you're actually playing a game for fifteen minutes, then reading a novel for two hours, then you get to play for fifteen minutes, then you have to stop and read another two hour novel... It gets to be a real drag. The scenes seriously need editing down, and it would be much better if the scenes and gameplay were interspersed together more - play for 10 minutes, scene for 5, play for 10, etc. would be more fun, in my opinion.

Personally I'd like them to complete the 151 Tentacles game, but that seems unlikely. :D

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
This game has amazing corruption but im gonna have to reluctantly drop this
ive put 8 hours into this only for all of my save files to disappear by itself overnight

Edit: they didnt disappear overnight, i have all my files in www/save, however, when i boot up the game, im accessing save files that limited to2 hours in
Try backing up your save files (copy and paste them somewhere else), but not the global file. Make a new save in every slot you had a save in, then copy the backup files back in.

My guess is that the global save file, which tells the game which save slots were used, got messed up, and this may fix it.

Aria

Oct 16, 2016
I wanna clarify something since I've just found out the game on this thread is buggy and someone called out my review praising the game. I've played the whole thing and gotten all the scenes and ending with zero issue because I didn't actually use the one downloaded from here.

I played the 1.00 release with mtool (a mtl tool that super imposes English text into the game itself) and didn't get any bugs. I'm highly suspicious that any issues met with the game in this thread are related to the mtl itself because many bugs that come with a mtl game come with the auto translator also translating the scripts...which causes all kinds of weird problems.

This is not a defence of the game. You can like it or hate it and that's up to you. This is just a possible explanation for the bugs everyone seems to get

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
I wanna clarify something since I've just found out the game on this thread is buggy and someone called out my review praising the game. I've played the whole thing and gotten all the scenes and ending with zero issue because I didn't actually use the one downloaded from here.

I played the 1.00 release with mtool (a mtl tool that super imposes English text into the game itself) and didn't get any bugs. I'm highly suspicious that any issues met with the game in this thread are related to the mtl itself because many bugs that come with a mtl game come with the auto translator also translating the scripts...which causes all kinds of weird problems.

This is not a defence of the game. You can like it or hate it and that's up to you. This is just a possible explanation for the bugs everyone seems to get
I personally didn't read your review, but you may want to include that the version you played isn't the same one posted here.

As for bugs, the first version posted here had issues with items in dungeons, but that was fixed a little later. Other than that, it's just the usual MTL not being great and word wrap issues. I did everything except getting the endings for lower numbers of sex scenes, and the 47 (or whatever) children birthed post game thing with no issues with actual bugs in the game (meaning crashes / locks).

gregorygogo

Aug 15, 2018
anyone know if you are forced to do ''side service'' or if its optional?I want to see if i can beat the game without needing to any of that...i keep that other type of playtrough for later.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
anyone know if you are forced to do ''side service'' or if its optional?I want to see if i can beat the game without needing to any of that...i keep that other type of playtrough for later.
No, you're forced into a bad end at a certain point if you don't have support from the various NPCs, which you get via various sex events. Its mostly groping and exhibitionism before the first breaking point, more later for a second break point.

djweish

Apr 1, 2018
No, you're forced into a bad end at a certain point if you don't have support from the various NPCs, which you get via various sex events. Its mostly groping and exhibitionism before the first breaking point, more later for a second break point.
If you cheat engine your money up right away, then just pay off all your debts one by one, you avoid any bad endings and just finish without any service. I'm not sure if it's possible to do legit - you'd need to grind enough money in the very first dungeon. I don't know if there's a limit on enemy respawns - if there's no limit it should theoretically be possible, as enemies sometimes drop cash. It would just take a really long time.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
If you cheat engine your money up right away, then just pay off all your debts one by one, you avoid any bad endings and just finish without any service. I'm not sure if it's possible to do legit - you'd need to grind enough money in the very first dungeon. I don't know if there's a limit on enemy respawns - if there's no limit it should theoretically be possible, as enemies sometimes drop cash. It would just take a really long time.
Odd, since there's two points in the game where your money gets stolen, and it says you get a bad end without high enough sex stats (IIRC).

kazoo81

Apr 26, 2017
Any trick to deal with that word-wrap issue? English is not my first language so MTL doesn't seem to bother me as much some others here but having every other sentence cut short starts to annoy me.

djweish

Apr 1, 2018
Odd, since there's two points in the game where your money gets stolen, and it says you get a bad end without high enough sex stats (IIRC).
Well, it was a fairly boring end - the evil man doesn't even show up, you just hand the money over to his aide and you're free to go, so you don't get your revenge on him at all.

Any trick to deal with that word-wrap issue? English is not my first language so MTL doesn't seem to bother me as much some others here but having every other sentence cut short starts to annoy me.
If you use a text hooker it should pick everything up - have something like Textractor running, and it'll pick up the text past the cut off.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Loved Pregcess even with its sad MTL, but as was noted it does have a LOT of scenes to play between dungeon levels if you want to get everything. That's a lot of MTL to get through. Though at least my version of that didn't have the word wrap.

Still going to give it a try, love corruption and if this has clothes breaking - I'm good.

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
Loved Pregcess even with its sad MTL, but as was noted it does have a LOT of scenes to play between dungeon levels if you want to get everything. That's a lot of MTL to get through. Though at least my version of that didn't have the word wrap.

Still going to give it a try, love corruption and if this has clothes breaking - I'm good.
No clothes breaking really, though some enemies in later dungeons can remove clothing pieces (gloves, jacket, top, exc.) There's no ripped / damaged clothing.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
is this still buggy?
Most of what I have encountered is MTL and line wrapping issues, as well as untranslated menus, otherwise I am up to the second labyrinth and skipping lots of text about eagles (that proud and noble bird) and I have yet to know if there is lots of bread.

You can still play as long as you don't mind lots of text skipping. Like the original its do events in town, hit the Labyrinth - repeat.

3.90 star(s) 28 Votes