morgy121

Dec 21, 2020
Played through this over the last few days.
It's decent, straightforward, and with an interesting item upgrade system for an RPGM game.

Decensor fix worked perfectly for me. The translation was excellent, though I played before the combat log translation was done. Only crash I had was when an arrow went into the lava. Apparently this has also been fixed.

There was one other untranslated part. I think it was one of the stage jobs, but it was only about 5 pieces of dialogue, with the narration translated.

Recommend for those who enjoy slow corruption and don't mind lots of reading.

Oh, one con: A lot of the CGs are used repeatedly. It's fine, because why not, when it's the same thing happening just with different characters, and the men in the images are just basic grey men.

Edit to add: The translation is excellent, pretty much fluent.

Last edited:
Reactions: dazedanon

ehendu

Feb 19, 2019
So why only 50% of the game is translated? Did the translator abandon it or something? Really disappointing. Hopefully Kagura Games will decide to publish it one day.
50% human translation and 50% GPT translation which is almost as good as human once you factor dazed manually fixes a lot of the issues. It's fully playable and enjoyable, might see a He and Her mixed up sometimes but you can look past it
To add to this response:
The original TL (StoneFredR) put the translation on hiatus as a studio started working on an "official" translation. Don't recall all the details of who, but it's further back in the logs if you care to look. The TL;DR: was that while the studio was saying they would translate, they apparently have a history of poorly translated games (and maybe even just put out edited MTL as their "translated" games, depending on who you ask). Since the TL wanted to focus on games that weren't being TL'd, they decided to put their work on hold for this.

I'm not sure of the status of the official TL, if it's completed and bad, or still in the works. Maybe someone mentioned it further back in posts. But the fact an official TL from someone that is not Kagura has been announced, it's unlikely they will be TLing. This is probably the best we're gonna get.

Nov 14, 2021
To add to this response:
The original TL (StoneFredR) put the translation on hiatus as a studio started working on an "official" translation. Don't recall all the details of who, but it's further back in the logs if you care to look. The TL;DR: was that while the studio was saying they would translate, they apparently have a history of poorly translated games (and maybe even just put out edited MTL as their "translated" games, depending on who you ask). Since the TL wanted to focus on games that weren't being TL'd, they decided to put their work on hold for this.

I'm not sure of the status of the official TL, if it's completed and bad, or still in the works. Maybe someone mentioned it further back in posts. But the fact an official TL from someone that is not Kagura has been announced, it's unlikely they will be TLing. This is probably the best we're gonna get.
Thanks for the explanation, extremely disappointing. I am obviously not going to play this MTL (I don't care how good it is, MTL is still MTL) or whatever garbage BokiBoki will produce. Time to get back to studying Japanese, I guess.

• Angry
Reactions: gervid

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
You're the one missing out. Honestly with how shit KG output has been lately you're likely to get a worse MTL from them than someone like Dazed who actually puts in the work. And yes a few of their recently released titles have been verifiably MTL.

Nov 14, 2021
You're the one missing out. Honestly with how shit KG output has been lately you're likely to get a worse MTL from them than someone like Dazed who actually puts in the work. And yes a few of their recently released titles have been verifiably MTL.
Uhhh, ok... If you say so.

All this talk is pointless though. We shouldn't depend on shady publishers, fickle fan translators or parasites who MTL games. I blame myself for not being good enough at Japanese.

Still, there is no way in hell Kagura Games translations are MTL.

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
Uhhh, ok... If you say so.

All this talk is pointless though. We shouldn't depend on shady publishers, fickle fan translators or parasites who MTL games. I blame myself for not being good enough at Japanese.

Still, there is no way in hell Kagura Games translations are MTL.
Well if you do eventually learn Japanese, I hope you put your money where your mouth is and actually give back to the community by creating translations instead of complaining all the time.

Game is already patch or do I have to use the .bat ??
You need to run the GAMEUPDATE.bat.

ehendu

Feb 19, 2019
:( Im not rly confident enough to run a .bat
There's a link to the github main on the OP of this thread now if you don't trust Dazed's .bat file. Though I would find it rather amusing if you don't trust the .bat file Dazed included to simplify the pull from github but do trust what's put on Dazed's github/packaged into his games.

Reactions: aifman7
Nov 14, 2021
Well if you do eventually learn Japanese, I hope you put your money where your mouth is and actually give back to the community by creating translations instead of complaining all the time.
Hmm, I don't know. We are at the point where people like you are lionized and financially supported, while Kagura Games are accused of MTLing games. So yeah, I understandably have some doubts whether it's even worth to bother and try to overcome my laziness lol

Oh well, once again a pointless talk. I'll give it more thought when I am actually good enough to be able to read this game without having to use jisho every three minutes.

Last edited:

souldead341

Engaged Member
Oct 16, 2017
:( Im not rly confident enough to run a .bat
Yeah, you can open up the .bat in a text editor to see what it does, which is literally check if there's update, if there is then download the update from github and install it in the file the .bat is run from and nothing else.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you can't understand the code, chatgpt or other free AI tools can also tell you what the code does in layman's terms.

ehendu

Feb 19, 2019
dazedanon found an odd syntax error if you have any desire to try and debug and patch it:
When encountering dungeon merchants if you try to leave without paying rather than just dying or getting hurt you get a syntax error as the game crashes. I've triggered this three ways so I'm fairly certain it's related to the lightning strike from when you try and leave the "dungeon shop room". (Evaporation Scroll to create a new way out, using a Storm Scroll to blow the merchant away, using an item to teleport to a different part of the dungeon. And since I got curious, killing the merchants, then tossing their goods outside also triggers the lightning when you leave. Same error.)

Last edited:
Reactions: soundengineer

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
dazedanon found an odd syntax error if you have any desire to try and debug and patch it:
When encountering dungeon merchants if you try to leave without paying rather than just dying or getting hurt you get a syntax error as the game crashes. I've triggered this three ways so I'm fairly certain it's related to the lightning strike from when you try and leave the "dungeon shop room". (Evaporation Scroll to create a new way out, using a Storm Scroll to blow the merchant away, using an item to teleport to a different part of the dungeon. And since I got curious, killing the merchants, then tossing their goods outside also triggers the lightning when you leave. Same error.)
Thanks for reporting I will look into it.

Edit: I have fixed it in latest.

Last edited:

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
dazedanon is possible to compact json files? Cause right now it's half gigabytes of spaces, tabs and new lines.
You can it shouldn't effect anything in the game but I need the formatting for my versioning and for general readability when I'm editing stuff.

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
is there also monster/tentacle scenes or is it just human?
I believe it's just human. I've got about 20 hours into the game over the course of the last few days (probably less time actually played, that's the time on my savegame and I think RPGM operates on a faster time scale or something, lol) and I haven't seen a single scene with monsters, no defeat scenes either. I'm basically at the very end of the game now, just have a few things left to do but I've already paid off all of the debt levels and every single H-scene so far has been with humans.

When choosing your difficulty in-game, it says something about selecting the Hard mode difficulty so that it's easier to get defeat scenes without having to force yourself to lose, but I'm not sure why the OG translator said this because as far as I can tell there are zero defeat or monster scenes--in fact, every combat defeat results in a game over and a kick back to the main menu. I don't think dazedanon's TL tool inserted that difficulty description text, it should probably be removed.

Unrelatedly, but similarly, there are a few text insertions that should probably be removed. I should have commented about them here when I first encountered them, but neglected to and now I'll have to go back and search for them. The OG translator added a few bits of personal text to mark his progress with the translation. Specifically I can think of two scenes that have text inserted by the translator after the scenes end, I forget the context of the first one, but the second one I saw was him basically saying "This is probably the last scene I'll be able to translate for a while, for XYZ reasons," which is a fairly standard thing you see in incomplete games or translations.

I assume these bits of text just got missed when the TL was finalized, and I assume the same is true for the difficulty description at the beginning of the game. That difficulty description doesn't really make sense in my opinion since there are no defeat scenes and losing in combat always results in a game over.

Reactions: dazedanon

dazedanon

Engaged Member
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Jul 24, 2017
I believe it's just human. I've got about 20 hours into the game over the course of the last few days (probably less time actually played, that's the time on my savegame and I think RPGM operates on a faster time scale or something, lol) and I haven't seen a single scene with monsters, no defeat scenes either. I'm basically at the very end of the game now, just have a few things left to do but I've already paid off all of the debt levels and every single H-scene so far has been with humans.

When choosing your difficulty in-game, it says something about selecting the Hard mode difficulty so that it's easier to get defeat scenes without having to force yourself to lose, but I'm not sure why the OG translator said this because as far as I can tell there are zero defeat or monster scenes--in fact, every combat defeat results in a game over and a kick back to the main menu. I don't think dazedanon's TL tool inserted that difficulty description text, it should probably be removed.

Unrelatedly, but similarly, there are a few text insertions that should probably be removed. I should have commented about them here when I first encountered them, but neglected to and now I'll have to go back and search for them. The OG translator added a few bits of personal text to mark his progress with the translation. Specifically I can think of two scenes that have text inserted by the translator after the scenes end, I forget the context of the first one, but the second one I saw was him basically saying "This is probably the last scene I'll be able to translate for a while, for XYZ reasons," which is a fairly standard thing you see in incomplete games or translations.

I assume these bits of text just got missed when the TL was finalized, and I assume the same is true for the difficulty description at the beginning of the game. That difficulty description doesn't really make sense in my opinion since there are no defeat scenes and losing in combat always results in a game over.
I think I have removed most of the TL Notes that reference unfinished translations though I might have missed some.

I also believe you are correct about the Defeat events notes so I will remove them for now. Though just in case, maybe stonefred767 can chime in on the reason they are there.

ehendu

Feb 19, 2019
is there also monster/tentacle scenes or is it just human?

Browsing through a gallery of just the CGs, this seems to be correct. All human in the CGs. So at most, defeat/poor-performance in dungeons relates to: Scenes related to failing to pay off your debt in time (think that's just the dogeza...maybe dialogue changes a bit depending on chastity values and at which point you fail) and maybe some later dungeons I haven't reached have humans you can interact with. But definitely no monster/tentacle/slime scenes.

Reactions: pentane

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
There are definitely dungeons later on that have "human-like" opponents, some monsters that look like they have tentacles (beholders for example, though I guess they are tentacles with eyeballs lol... and also some bipedal squid-like or cthulu-looking casters later on), and the other standard fare you'll see in games of this type, but still no scenes that I've encountered.

There's even a monster that gives you a status effect which causes all enemies to look like human women, but I think it's just a confusion-based spell, so the idea is that the MC can't differentiate between monster types while that effect is active. It does a similar thing to items on the ground by turning everything into the same little bag icon. The effect is brief and wears off after a few turns.

I'm happy to be corrected though if there are any monster or dungeon defeat scenes I've missed. I haven't scoured the recollection room yet or downloaded a completed save, that'll happen once I finish the game properly, assuming I'm missing scenes.

EDIT: I noticed this never got a reply earlier and it was a question I had before I got to the right scene too so figured I'd address it now while I'm thinking of it:

what cgs did she first lose her virginity? kind of gave up at 3trd debt payment cuz it seem am missed some event and no event appeared after paying the debt
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 29 Votes