xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
E.V.A.(Especially Vile Animal, dog) and princess (cat) cuddeled my brains out yesterday !
edit: P.D. who the heck is this Gary Stu ? mentioned in the lates review ? please help me to update my US pop culture

Reactions: CircaAD

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
E.V.A.(Especially Vile Animal, dog) and princess (cat) cuddeled my brains out yesterday !
edit: P.D. who the heck is this Gary Stu ? mentioned in the lates review ? please help me to update my US pop culture
A male version of a Mary Sue ;) Think Rey from the latest Star Wars movies, someone that is automatically good at anything without any training basically

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
A male version of a Mary Sue ;) Think Rey from the latest Star Wars movies, someone that is automatically good at anything without any training basically
Good at every\anything & absolutely no flaws. Wholly virtuous.
Goes directly against "The Hero's Journey", as they're incapable of meaningful growth, they're ultimately awesome already.
I had no idea that originated with a Star Trek fanfic character.

WigglyWorld84

Aug 14, 2021
Not liking it is absolutely fine. That's your personal preference and no-one can tell you it's wrong.
It's not, for you.

But, when people start saying "she's cringe", "she's an idiot", "she's dumb", it's no longer a subjective personal opinion.
These are stated as objective facts.
When they are not.
"I don't mean this only as an insult" = I do mean it as an insult, but that is not all I mean.
Isn't being cringe-worthy (I'm old; this is how WE say it) subjective? Has the expression changed? I can only speak to my own cringing at something. She's also not dumb, as she can hear and speak just fine ;) As far as being an idiot... she does seem kinda slow, but not sure how that is a negative.

I personally didnt like her until she became the Cuck Princess and started pushing Thomas and the girls together. Also, her mom is arguably THE hottest in the entire game (Sorry, Amy!).

ps- your use of punctuation is interesting. Never seen commas between quotes before. What standard is that? I was taught that punctuation always goes inside the quote, even if it changes the meaning. I never liked that standard, personally. My grammar is decent, at best... But, your style just caught my attention and I find it interesting. Peace.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
WigglyWorld84 , when you enumerating quotes, (summing it up or counting them up in english they don't put commas in between ? just courious im still studying english grammar )
(sorry if it comes not clear across , had trouble translating my thoughts to english )
and you spoke about standards; in spanish we have RAE (Royal Spanish Academy as Standad for neutral spanish) in German "Duden" with the same function, I use for english the Oxford, and Collins. are there others ?

Reactions: WigglyWorld84

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
Isn't being cringe-worthy (I'm old; this is how WE say it) subjective? Has the expression changed? I can only speak to my own cringing at something. She's also not dumb, as she can hear and speak just fine ;) As far as being an idiot... she does seem kinda slow, but not sure how that is a negative.

I personally didnt like her until she became the Cuck Princess and started pushing Thomas and the girls together. Also, her mom is arguably THE hottest in the entire game (Sorry, Amy!).

ps- your use of punctuation is interesting. Never seen commas between quotes before. What standard is that? I was taught that punctuation always goes inside the quote, even if it changes the meaning. I never liked that standard, personally. My grammar is decent, at best... But, your style just caught my attention and I find it interesting. Peace.
While i repesct your opinion, how dare you say that about Aunt Amy

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Isn't being cringe-worthy (I'm old; this is how WE say it) subjective? Has the expression changed? I can only speak to my own cringing at something.
It is subjective, but it's a question of presentation.
It's presented as subjective if you say "I think it's cringeworthy", or "IMO it's cringeworthy".
Saying "it is cringeworthy" is objective.
It is not stated as an opinion, it is presented as a statement of fact.
It is absolute.
Only something being quoted belongs inside quotations. Or something presented as if it were a quote (as per those above).

The commas to separate them are not a quote. They are being used to separate 3 independent pieces of quoted text, so it is punctuation for my sentence, not a piece of the quoted text.
Same as the full stop.
e.g. The guy in the game said "XYZ", then he went on to say "ABC".

As for which standard, I am English and was taught this during English lessons, at school.
(y)

Last edited:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
As for which standard, I am English and was taught this during English lessons, at school.
Oxford is it then, Lol, Sometimes I this happens to me with the games that were originally writen in spanish, when I read them although they are written in neutral (Castellano) they slightly differ, in the use of the 2nd person, that makes it to sound strange to me, that is why i prefer to play them in english. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

ktunga

Jul 10, 2022
Oxford is it then, Lol, Sometimes I this happens to me with the games that were originally writen in spanish, when I read them although they are written in neutral (Castellano) they slightly differ, in the use of the 2nd person, that makes it to sound strange to me, that is why i prefer to play them in english. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
its the same for me .sometimes i use so much englsih in daily life i forgot meaning of words and bcs we have so many sleng words in spanish [depends from wich country you are from]its very hard to keep it with your own mother tongue

• Love
Reactions: xapican

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
English must be a horrible language to learn.
The same sequence of letters can take multiple different sounds.
Take "ough":

Cough (of) - OK, that sounds like that.
Bough (ow) - Wait, what?
Tough (uf) - Huh? Why?
Though (oh) - ??
Thought (awt) - !?!?
Through (oo) - FFS now you're just taking the piss.
Thorough (uh) - This makes no sense, I'm done.
Hiccough (up) (rare) :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
English must be a horrible language to learn.
The same sequence of letters can take multiple different sounds.
Take "ough":
Cough (of)
Tough (uf)
Thorough (uh)
Bough (ow)
Though (o)
Through (oo)
Thought (awt)
Hiccough (up) (rare) :LOL::ROFLMAO:
In my case that was all self-taught and 95% by reading, the sounds of the words came a LOT later. Still, it is a trying time to maneuver some of these sounds.

My kids (adults 25+ but they will be kids forever), that besides the self-taught part also had formal learning of it and a tool that I didn't have (Youtube) have no trouble at all with it, because besides the reading they also had the hearing and speaking of it. English is their sibling language since they were pre-schoolers. To my wife chagrin they use barely any other language at home besides English, they are fluent in at least 4, thanks Youtube.

I, must confess, the later 10-12 years, have reduced my speaking ability to almost nothing, while my reading/writing has evolved some.

English isn't hard to learn, it's hard to master. Mostly because there isn't one English, there are several (and I don't even mean the regional ones) each distinct and rule ridden. If you learn it orally you get a version that is radically different than the one you get if you learn it by reading. I would bet they are almost foreign to each other. Some instances that irk me to high heaven is the "Rouge" and "Rogue", another is "Effect" and "Affect" (this one makes me rage quit conversations), these 2 instantly make me doubt the writer competence. Yes, I dare judging how you write you language, not because I know more, but because you should know better, it IS your language after all.

I am aware that I write a weird version of English, but, the fact is that I also write a weird version of my own language. I'm weird and I'll die weird. There was a time I was even (gasp) proud of it. Now, I simply do my best to be understood... (What was I talking about even?) I'm also ADHD. That's life.

Peace :)

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
English isn't hard to learn, it's hard to master. Mostly because there isn't one English, there are several (and I don't even mean the regional ones) each distinct and rule ridden. If you learn it orally you get a version that is radically different than the one you get if you learn it by reading. I would bet they are almost foreign to each other.
Truer words never spoken.
Don't forget, English is a total mish-mash of French (Norman), Latin, Olde English, Germanic (Angle & Saxon), plus some Norse.
That's not counting Brythonic (Cornish & Welsh), or Gaelic (Irish), which we also have words from.

So many different languages\rule sets. No wonder ours is so inconsistent! lol
Some instances that irk me to high heaven is the "Rouge" and "Rogue", another is "Effect" and "Affect" (this one makes me rage quit conversations), these 2 instantly make me doubt the writer competence. Yes, I dare judging how you write you language, not because I know more, but because you should know better, it IS your language after all.
Ha ha ha, "affect" & "effect" are a pet hate of mine, too.
It affects, which creates an effect.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

MrSancini

Feb 18, 2018
I was almost two months without Internet, and now I forgot in which update I was.

NVM, I was on .24, so .25 Here I go!

Reactions: xapican
3.90 star(s) 282 Votes