TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
The internet? In my day, we had a local BBS connected to FIDOnet...

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. 1200 Baud Modems on fire connecting to an ASCII based BBS. I watched email groups glitter in the dark near the FIDOnet Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain, because of the Internet.
Oh you!

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. 1200 Baud Modems on fire connecting to an ASCII based BBS. I watched email groups glitter in the dark near the FIDOnet Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain, because of the Internet.

Get off our lawn, you whipper-snappers!
It's a wonder you're still alive... you must be like 5000 years old... :KEK:

g900vroot

May 8, 2021

Yeah, I just went back and looked at the nodelist history lookup... got to see all my nodes again. For a time I was an echomail distributor in the Houston area.... and in the USRobotics V.34 Beta test too. That stuff was fun.

It's a wonder you're still alive... you must be like 5000 years old... :KEK:
It's easy to tell. We fart dust now....

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
And when some dared to use the landline - Ding! Internet is cut off.
I was living on my own when I got my first computer (generic XT), so I didn't have a problem with someone picking up the landline. I do remember having a modem that ended up being too fast for the computer. There were times when the modem was sending my computer data faster than it could handle. Fun times.

• Hey there
Reactions: Ruffuss and CircaAD

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I was living on my own when I got my first computer (generic XT), so I didn't have a problem with someone picking up the landline. I do remember having a modem that ended up being too fast for the computer. There were times when the modem was sending my computer data faster than it could handle. Fun times.
Shit, my 1st computer ran on BASIC.
I had a ZX Spectrum 48k. Modems were a thing of the future.
48k & loading from a tape drive. Get the volume dial 1mm wrong & you'd sit through ages of loading, only for it to fail.
Joy. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: xapican and CircaAD

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Shit, my 1st computer ran on BASIC.
I had a ZX Spectrum 48k. Modems were a thing of the future.
48k OS & loading from a tape drive. Get the volume dial 1mm wrong & you'd sit through ages of loading, only for it to fail. Joy. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I had a friend in high school who had a "Trash80." I was intrigued, but didn't get one myself.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
TRS-80. A Tandy/Radio Shack computer (hence the initials). The programs were saved and loaded via cassette tape.
View attachment 2673491
Huh ... I think my uncle had one of those. I had the C64 ... had a cassette storage device and a floppy device. Also a thermal printer.
q9b3lh9iajry.jpg commodore 65 and accessories.jpg
I didn't have the track-pad or piano keys, but I did have the GEOS program. I think I used my joystick with it until I got a mouse ... although I rarely used either GEOS or the mouse. Mostly used it to play goldbox SSI games and print stuff on this baby ...
s-l1600.png

Reactions: Ruffuss and CircaAD

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Fucking dinosaurs........
I don't know what you may have heard, but I have not fucked any dinosaurs, modern or otherwise. I just can't get excited for a cloaca.
Pssst!

Don't tell them that they're already extinct.
No they're not, the survivors continued to evolve and adapt. My daughter actually has a few in a coop in the backyard.

Last edited:

Shouki

Jul 30, 2020
No they're not, the survivors continued to eveolve and adapt. My daughter actually has a few in a coop in the backyard.
I was honestly expecting it to go the Reptilian Conspiracy Theory route, based on the "evolve and adapt", and I am now unsure if I am bummed out more, or impressed with your daughter that she keeps them as pets.

Dec 5, 2018
Probably been brought up before but given their back story shouldn't Jasmine and Sandra be the same age not 2 years apart?
I know it's a minor detail but it's an inconsistency.

deuxrayme

Nov 4, 2018
Probably been brought up before but given their back story shouldn't Jasmine and Sandra be the same age not 2 years apart?
I know it's a minor detail but it's an inconsistency.
Shouldn't Cat's father figure who took her to Daddy-Daughter dances be more than 3 years older than her? Shouldn't she be older than 19 if she is coming home to finish her last year of college? If she has one year left and Tommy Boy just finished, was he in school longer than needed or is that another discrepancy?

Welcome to a place where the numbers are made up and the family relationship points don't matter.

3.90 star(s) 282 Votes