Sep 13, 2020
First ever trackback error I have encountered in this game in a long while. I guess I accidentally typed number 5 in unren by accident. I'll probably reinstall and try again MoonBox

Last edited:

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
The update was amazing, as self-proclaimed #1 Liz fan, that update left me on cloud nine. Considering where the update left off, plus the previews, I'm definitely looking forward to the next update as well.

Also Tanya and Anne time has been really wholesome, albeit a bit gassy. :ROFLMAO:

ShiroObake

Mar 30, 2020
hey everyone, hoping someone can help me.

So i recently upgraded some pc parts, new 4060ti, ryzen 7 5800x3d and psu, and did a fresh windows install. Now I cant find my saves in game. I copied my saves over from the previous version and still cant find them in the save menu, i have somewhere around 2200 saves and divided by 6, they should be around page 350's. but theres nothing there. any ideas?
ive tried several previous version still nothing.

Edit: Drive letters did change, could that be it?

Karmadive

Mar 12, 2020

So i recently upgraded some pc parts, new 4060ti, ryzen 7 5800x3d and psu, and did a fresh windows install. Now I cant find my saves in game. I copied my saves over from the previous version and still cant find them in the save menu, i have somewhere around 2200 saves and divided by 6, they should be around page 350's. but theres nothing there. any ideas?

did you copy the saves just into the game folder? did you copy them into the Appdata folder as well? Renpy is weird with the 2 saves file locations.

My copy my saves were only in the Appdata folder. Only thing in the game folder for me was the persitent file, which does not contain any saves, just game settings.

I would start a game and save an initial save to make sure the file structures are all there.
Find the saves in your user/.../AppData/Roaming/Renpy/GrandmasHouse-#####/ folder and copy your saves into there as well.

I'm not completely familiar with how the saves work just know sometimes It prioritizes one location over the other.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020

Usually they are stored in C: Users/ "yourusername/AppData/Roaming/Renpy / GrandmasHouse xxxxxxx you may have to change your default config to show hidden folders, but I'm not very optimistic since that is a System folder and you did Install new,

Reactions: ShiroObake

ShiroObake

Mar 30, 2020
did you copy the saves just into the game folder? did you copy them into the Appdata folder as well? Renpy is weird with the 2 saves file locations.

My copy my saves were only in the Appdata folder. Only thing in the game folder for me was the persitent file, which does not contain any saves, just game settings.

I would start a game and save an initial save to make sure the file structures are all there.
Find the saves in your user/.../AppData/Roaming/Renpy/GrandmasHouse-#####/ folder and copy your saves into there as well.

I'm not completely familiar with how the saves work just know sometimes It prioritizes one location over the other.
no, i just found this appdata answer myself. i have 2 folders for my games on different hard drives. due to the sheer amount size of these games sometimes lol, i havent had any difficulties with other games, jsut the last 4 releases. luckily the urm found the most recent save. thanks for the help guys. i can put a pc together but when it comes to all that file stuff im illeterate.

Usually they are stored in C: Users/ "yourusername/AppData/Roaming/Renpy / GrandmasHouse xxxxxxx you may have to change your default config to show hidden folders, but I'm not very optimistic since that is a System folder and you did Install new,
yeah, likes karmadive said, she gone. ill just continue off of the most recent save URM found. thanks for info though.

MoonBox

Asses & Affection
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 11, 2021
no, i just found this appdata answer myself. i have 2 folders for my games on different hard drives. due to the sheer amount size of these games sometimes lol, i havent had any difficulties with other games, jsut the last 4 releases. luckily the urm found the most recent save. thanks for the help guys. i can put a pc together but when it comes to all that file stuff im illeterate.

yeah, likes karmadive said, she gone. ill just continue off of the most recent save URM found. thanks for info though.
Did you format or reset windows? If it was just a reset you should have a folder called Windows.old in C: that has your old appdata, documents, etc

ShiroObake

Mar 30, 2020
Did you format or reset windows? If it was just a reset you should have a folder called Windows.old in C: that has your old appdata, documents, etc
it was a complete fresh install. i thought i had all the important stuff off of the C drive. apparently not lol. it might be in a file somewhere on my of my externals, i think i saw a windows folder somewhere on one of the 6 of them. ill look through them and see if i find anything. but im back to where i left off thanks to the developer of the URM.

and thanks for the reply moon. This is one of my top 3 games. love the story. wish i could support but life sucks for me right now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MoonBox

QaliberDK

Dec 19, 2020
Moon posts "teasers" in here every two weeks, which is always a good indication of at least some of the girls showing up in the next update. I suspect render count is within a similar range each update (maybe 200-400, but I've never counted, so don't take that number to actually mean anything)
That's true and i appreciate the teasers/previews. But it would be kinda nice to have it listed in the changelog, for people that don't really follow the thread. An example could be:

450 renders
Scene with Kat
Scene with Nana
Scene with Shizuka

Or something similar. Short and simple but says a lot. Personally, i don't really mind either way. I do like to know what to expect and i usually do, as i often check the thread, so it was just an idea for a simple overview for those mostly coming around when new updates land and to possibly avoid a lot of comments asking who's in the update or people surprised that there wasn't any content with "x" or "y" :)

• Sad
Reactions: Elhemeer

Satou Pendragon

Engaged Member
Jan 24, 2018
Why does he keep uploading shit that doesn't involve me piping nana? Like the game may as well be called "Everybody but Grandma's House"
Dude, You do know the Game is named "Grandma's House" and not "Grandma's Sexlife" right? If I'm not wrong We see the titular House every update, so the House is always somehow involved. It would be a differnt matter if the Name of the Game was different.

3.80 star(s) 286 Votes