FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Usually around the 25 year old mark. Sort of the mark when people mature in adulthood as it were. University days behind them and all that. Your body can't metabolise things as efficiently, especially your liver, things like Alcohol that it could when you were 21. Basically prior to 25 you are still growing, and maturing, physically. 25 and beyond you start to slowly age. So that is when the negatives start to outweigh things.
I concur.

From 16 to 25, I may have spent 10 or so nights at home. Never mind school or work, I HAD to go out. I never was much of a drinker tho. So maybe a couple beers a night. It was mostly for the laughs and the conversations and the friendships.

Then, I started to date seriously, became a father, got married and I have been almost a recluse ever since. It may be or not a coincidence that meanwhile the Internet happened. ::grins::

Peace :)

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Ibiza at 30? Sheesh. Must have felt like going to a kids birthday party as a parent lol.
Nah, Space, Amnesia, Pacha, all quality. People of all ages, house music wasn't a particularly ageist scene, moreso over there.
We saw people who were older than I am now dropping pills & dancing, off their tits. :ROFLMAO:
We're talking 20+ years back.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
lol Too true. Fortunately had plenty of good nights out when younger, but as I got older the consequences seemed to mount up.
Can't remember when the scales tipped, but the negative far outweighs the positive now, for me.
Same. Uni was the best time for it. Then after uni, it was strictly on the weekends. Gave that shit up when I hit 34. Now, I occasionally have a shot or two after work at home. Just not a huge drinker anymore.

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Ibiza 20 years ago? Oh lord.

Givin' it large!
Ha ha ha, brilliant! :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Couple of years earlier, just when the UK Garage scene was starting to get big.
Quite possibly the messiest fortnight of my life.
Same. Uni was the best time for it. Then after uni, it was strictly on the weekends. Gave that shit up when I hit 34. Now, I occasionally have a shot or two after work at home. Just not a huge drinker anymore.
Same as that mate, roughly the same age, too.
I have the odd Islay single malt, don't mind a Tanqueray & tonic, in the summer.
But pretty rare that I do.

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Ha ha ha, brilliant! :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Couple of years earlier, just when the UK Garage scene was starting to get big.
Quite possibly the messiest fortnight of my life.

I have the odd Islay single malt, don't mind a Tanqueray & tonic, in the summer.
After I finished Uni I went on an 18-30 holiday thing to Tenerife. All I will say is I made some real questionable dalliance choices whilst under the influence, shall we say? When I got home I elected to cut back on drinking. Probably for the best!

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Me being dragged to a thread I've never been before for some reason:

View attachment 2835433
Sorry. I'd quoted you for an intended Eternum post then forgot it was in my quote. My error!
You know, from what I've seen of Dragon59's humor, that wouldn't surprise me ... however I would expect the reference to make more sense. Maybe.
And sometimes, I just make errors in quoting. I'm so focused on my intended comment, I don't notice an older quote came along for the ride.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Sorry. I'd quoted you for an intended Eternum post then forgot it was in my quote. My error!

And sometimes, I just make errors in quoting. I'm so focused on my intended comment, I don't notice an older quote came along for the ride.
Which was actually my initial assumption. That comment followed a Dorfnutter supposition that you'd dragged him here on purpose ;)

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
This is what these kids have to look forward to. The 'Boring Years' as I would've said back in my uni days. But now, I call it my 'Safe Years'. Youngsters won't understand that. :ROFLMAO:

taru

Apr 23, 2018
itd be nice f there was a rear view for annabelle scenes it makes it more believeable if you can see where hes sticking them

WigglyWorld84

Aug 14, 2021
People here in the uk, at least, don't refer to things like JD as whiskey. It's a bourbon. Like we don't refer Guinness as a beer but a stout. It feels like an insult to call JD a whiskey as it is then lumped with actual many decent whiskeys.
Sets and subsets.

The classic: squares are rectangles, not all rectangles are squares.

Quality has nothing to do with this either. [Nor does taste... fucking Guinness is like "drinking" bread that has been soaked in soy sauce. No thank you.]

Once they understand, they won't be youngsters any more. Kinda the point....
I am old and confused by that whole conversation. [again, this place needs a fucking shrug emoji. That's my go-to!]

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
Sets and subsets.

The classic: squares are rectangles, not all rectangles are squares.

Quality has nothing to do with this either. [Nor does taste... fucking Guinness is like "drinking" bread that has been soaked in soy sauce. No thank you.]
Part of my Family are Irish. Them be fighting words aha.

3.80 star(s) 286 Votes