ksdomino

Jul 15, 2017
Damn it's hard to criticise a game that is this well made and polished but there is a humongous massive epic flaw that badly need to be addressed as it completely ruins the experience and it's such a basic thing!!! :

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ksdomino

Jul 15, 2017
That's because...(spoiler)
For a lot of people a game that is not possible to win is anticlimactic and disappointing.
There were also good ideas that were introduced (like collecting blue energy) but it turns out that collecting energy has zero bearing on any outcome.
Also make the wrong decision = game over, click continue, make a different decision = pointless (but I understand a lot of games work that way so this is a minor point).
Its not hard to keep track of a few variables like money, energy,etc then offer rewards (sex scenes or pictures) based on the accumulation or use of that wealth..(on a sidenote: in this case that was done by collecting orbs that allowed the user to "buy" pictures in a gallery but most people didn't even know you could do that). My main point is that for such a good storyline and artwork, a little bit of interaction would really have helped take the edge off that one dissapointing ending (I understand it is not the end because there is a sequel, but why play a sequel that most-likely will -given the history/track-record- be equally anticlimactic and dissapointing. Also a tip: If you play the sequel and there is something to collect, like blue energy: don't waste your time, it will most likely have no effect in the game, and if you are given a multiple choice option and have to make a decision then just choose any option, it won't matter anyway : see what I'm saying?

sakuyas_mmaster

Feb 12, 2018
I understand what you mean. But the game is clearly sold as a visual novel. So you can't expect it to be something else. VNs typically only have small forks in the plot but largely follow the plot otherwise. Same here. If you don't like that why play VNs?

NOTvil

patreon.com/NOTvil
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Also a tip: If you play the sequel and there is something to collect, like blue energy: don't waste your time, it will most likely have no effect in the game, and if you are given a multiple choice option and have to make a decision then just choose any option, it won't matter anyway : see what I'm saying?
Why are you saying this? You know nothing about the game, Choices in the AOG are important and will affect the ending. How can you say something like that when the game is on the development stage? And even I don't know everything about it's feature atm.

ksdomino

Jul 15, 2017
Are there any cheats to skip that mind bursting minigames
just press escape and click "skip".

Why are you saying this? You know nothing about the game, Choices in the AOG are important and will affect the ending. How can you say something like that when the game is on the development stage? And even I don't know everything about it's feature atm.
I meant no disrespect, as a developer you're pretty damn awesome at what you do, you've created one of the best Visual novels out there with GRAY. I said what I said because I was frustrated at completing Gray TWICE and making every possible decision differently and getting the same "bad" ending. It was sheer frustration like when you watch an amazing movie, get emotionally invested in the hero and it turns out he is killed meaninglessly at the end. Movies/games should be an escape from reality but that aside I said it because I truly believe your idea for the first game was also for choices to affect the ending (otherwise why have choices) but somewhere along the way you completely forgot that and ended up creating GRAY: a "Visual Novel" where the choices did NOT affect the ending.

Reactions: Nospamwss

NOTvil

patreon.com/NOTvil
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017

I meant no disrespect, as a developer you're pretty damn awesome at what you do, you've created one of the best Visual novels out there with GRAY. I said what I said because I was frustrated at completing Gray TWICE and making every possible decision differently and getting the same "bad" ending. It was sheer frustration like when you watch an amazing movie, get emotionally invested in the hero and it turns out he is killed meaninglessly at the end. Movies/games should be an escape from reality but that aside I said it because I truly believe your idea for the first game was also for choices to affect the ending (otherwise why have choices) but somewhere along the way you completely forgot that and ended up creating GRAY: a "Visual Novel" where the choices did NOT affect the ending.
Well, I'll try to finish every character's story in the Areas of GRAY.

Jan 10, 2019

I think the skip option is only for patrons,,,,,

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
really there wasn't any skip option on mine.... just downloaded it a few days ago
Guess i'll check again...
there should be. i completed the game once and it would have been impossible for me without the skip button :p

AnonGuy

Modder
May 30, 2018
@Rance H2O do you mind sharing your save? (I'm assuming it's completed).
I've just finished the game - and liked it - but I don't feel like playing it again for unlocking purpose.

り乇ᄊの刀 ズノ刀ム 尺ム刀ᄃ乇

ᄃ乇刀丂の尺乇り
Donor
Mar 8, 2017
@Rance H2O do you mind sharing your save? (I'm assuming it's completed).
I've just finished the game - and liked it - but I don't feel like playing it again for unlocking purpose.
Try this and extract it to
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\MMFApplications
It might work. I am not sure since I deleted my game.

Nospamwss

Sep 6, 2017
зачем же делать выбор если он не влияет на концовку...
Игра хороша! Но правда нужно было сделать две концовки....

Reactions: Stuwi71

Daloza

Jun 5, 2018
зачем же делать выбор если он не влияет на концовку...
Игра хороша! Но правда нужно было сделать две концовки....
why make a choice if it doesn't affect the ending...
Game is good! But you'd have to make two endings....
u are welcome

Reactions: Nospamwss
4.00 star(s) 22 Votes