a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Restarting doesn't help, no. Whenever I visit the relevant locations, all I get are the default sandbox options instead of the events. I can't tell whether starting a new game or not helped since I then ran into the Serena/living room bug other people have pointed out and couldn't progress any further.
At this point I suppose I can try to re-download the game and port over the save to see if that helps, in case some file or another got bonked during the process the first time around, otherwise I'm out of ideas...
Also you may need to re-download a new copy, you may have gotten a bad download.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
To completely replicate what I did, could you try duplicating the save file and loading it from another slot? Call it
1-2 instead.
Also you may need to re-download a new copy, you may have gotten a bad download.
It seems I've stumbled into the solution to this problem, which apparently has been self inflicted. Out of curiosity, I did also try to load the save file from a different slot, but that also didn't work.

When I finally resigned myself to having to re-download the game again, it suddenly occurred to me that I had ran into the bug (was/is it a bug? only a few people seem to have it) other people brought up when they need to meet Serena in the living room at some point. This prompted me to search this thread for similar issues and to hopefully find a solution, when I ran across this post (https://f95zone.to/threads/greener-pastures-v0-9-arcaos.80656/page-12#post-6834365) which offered a solution, allegedly pulled from discord. In my blind eagerness to resume my playthrough, I completely failed to notice the post was made about 3 months ago, which would make the file obsolete in this version of the game, I imagine. Although to be fair, it did seemingly fix the problem and allowed me to continue...

Today's problem was fixed by simply restoring the original file which I backed up in case something like this happened. I just wish I remembered it sooner, before bringing this up here and spending a couple of hours trying to fix something I broke myself. I couldn't help but facepalm so hard that it caused the cat to jump higher than I've ever seen him jump and quickly flee the room.

At least, if nothing else, I hope my brain fart helps people who go through the same issue. Or prevents them from having the issue in the first place.

arcaos

Game Developer
Sep 16, 2020
It seems I've stumbled into the solution to this problem, which apparently has been self inflicted. Out of curiosity, I did also try to load the save file from a different slot, but that also didn't work.

When I finally resigned myself to having to re-download the game again, it suddenly occurred to me that I had ran into the bug (was/is it a bug? only a few people seem to have it) other people brought up when they need to meet Serena in the living room at some point. This prompted me to search this thread for similar issues and to hopefully find a solution, when I ran across this post (https://f95zone.to/threads/greener-pastures-v0-9-arcaos.80656/page-12#post-6834365) which offered a solution, allegedly pulled from discord. In my blind eagerness to resume my playthrough, I completely failed to notice the post was made about 3 months ago, which would make the file obsolete in this version of the game, I imagine. Although to be fair, it did seemingly fix the problem and allowed me to continue...

Today's problem was fixed by simply restoring the original file which I backed up in case something like this happened. I just wish I remembered it sooner, before bringing this up here and spending a couple of hours trying to fix something I broke myself. I couldn't help but facepalm so hard that it caused the cat to jump higher than I've ever seen him jump and quickly flee the room.

At least, if nothing else, I hope my brain fart helps people who go through the same issue. Or prevents them from having the issue in the first place.
I’m still baffled by this because your save file worked for me. I’m glad you found a solution but wow....

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
I’m still baffled by this because your save file worked for me. I’m glad you found a solution but wow....
Well, I did replace a file to fix something and ended up breaking something else. The fault was all mine in this case.

Still, self-inflicted shenanigans aside, I really like the game. I mean, I like power fantasies, rags-to-riches, nobody-to-hero "save the world" stories as much as anyone else, but sometimes you just want to play something wholesome without a heavy looming narrative filled with plot twists and betrayal.
It actually gave me a few chuckles during the first few in-game days, which is already a rare event, but, without wanting to spoil it too much for new players, I also completely lost it in both occasions when the characters break that invisible 4th wall and look directly at the player. I can't honestly say why I found that so funny but it really got me going.

Reactions: arcaos

arcaos

Game Developer
Sep 16, 2020
Can anyone explain to me what the "suppressant" does if we give it to Tabitha ???
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Neither. It just prevents her from waking you up again to knock her up if you find that annoying. It takes effect after she has her child.

Reactions: wwgwa

Sharks are Evil

Jul 17, 2021
"story complete" for cat and dog? :O

also are the kids suppose to grow up and join the harem? daughter and mother content is always nice. on the other you're using Patreon which is the dream killer so I suppose we won't see it any time soon if at all.

• Love
Reactions: Sylandrical

undeadpanpan

Apr 15, 2021

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Please do not derail the game-thread!

Reactions: CrashBandicoot

Kreigstern

Dec 29, 2018
I'm stuck on v8. I've updated to 9 and now 10 and it won't advance. what am i doing wrong? Thank you in advance.

arcaos

Game Developer
Sep 16, 2020
I'm stuck on v8. I've updated to 9 and now 10 and it won't advance. what am i doing wrong? Thank you in advance.
When you say advance, you mean you can’t hit new story events? Are you following the hints but things aren’t triggering?

Kreigstern

Dec 29, 2018
I'm not even getting new hints or asterisks by the girl indicating new events.. The hints just say to level up up other characters but they all say that so i dont know what to do.

4.60 star(s) 37 Votes