hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
Some people will consider any character involved with somebody other than the MC in a harem game for example to be NTR here. You could easily say that a harem game is designed to focus all the characters at the player and the player alone. Leaving the definition up to the player's feeling can cause problems like that.
Except it's not left up to players' feelings, at least not the way that definition is worded. "Designed to..." makes it squarely a question of developer's intent. If the text of a game makes it clear the the MC's sex partners/love interests aren't expected to be monogamous and somebody who had a fundamentalist upbringing and is still operating on the ideas that were probably beat into them*—like "monogamy is the only valid way to do things and everything else is degeneracy"—doesn't like that, they don't have any justification to force an NTR tag on the game. That's why, when the Aya gangbang scene got added and some people pitched a fit and started insisting the game was degeneracy and scarred them for life and had to be tagged NTR post haste so nobody else would suffer their terrible fate, I pointed out the game had made it clear from the very start that Grolokk wasn't going to be the only one fucking the harem girls. Sharing wasn't even subtext, it was text. Missing that was on the people trying to force an inaccurate tag on the game.

But, there's a special interest group here who really hate the idea of women being anything other than Vestal Virgins until they meet the MC and his divine cock, and then never, ever, so much as look twice at another man until the day they die of old age. That pressure group tries to get every single game whose female characters depart from their personal, feminine ideal tagged NTR because they know it's a controversial tag that will scare off a lot of people who would have otherwise played (and potentially financially supported) the game.

* — Look, I'm sympathetic, I was raised Mormon and I know it takes a long time to unlearn all that horseshit.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Except it's not left up to players' feelings, at least not the way that definition is worded. "Designed to..." makes it squarely a question of developer's intent. If the text of a game makes it clear the the MC's sex partners/love interests aren't expected to be monogamous and somebody who had a fundamentalist upbringing and is still operating on the ideas that were probably beat into them*—like "monogamy is the only valid way to do things and everything else is degeneracy"—doesn't like that, they don't have any justification to force an NTR tag on the game. That's why, when the Aya gangbang scene got added and some people pitched a fit and started insisting the game was degeneracy and scarred them for life and had to be tagged NTR post haste so nobody else would suffer their terrible fate, I pointed out the game had made it clear from the very start that Grolokk wasn't going to be the only one fucking the harem girls. Sharing wasn't even subtext, it was text. Missing that was on the people trying to force an inaccurate tag on the game.

But, there's a special interest group here who really hate the idea of women being anything other than Vestal Virgins until they meet the MC and his divine cock, and then never, ever, so much as look twice at another man until the day they die of old age. That pressure group tries to get every single game whose female characters depart from their personal, feminine ideal tagged NTR because they know it's a controversial tag that will scare off a lot of people who would have otherwise played (and potentially financially supported) the game.

* — Look, I'm sympathetic, I was raised Mormon and I know it takes a long time to unlearn all that horseshit.
Don't try to insult someone's kinks by bringing up/trying to connect them to real world traumas or whatever please, it's really childish. People like what they like and there's no problem with that as long as they aren't hurting anyone. You can easily turn the shit you're saying back around on the NTR crowd. That's how we get these stupid arguments in every thread. If you care more about improving things than standing on some morale high horse over something that should have no effect on your worth/value/standing as a person: Accept that people like different shit than you, and it doesn't make anybody better or worse (Again, as long as they aren't hurting anybody).

I think too many people want to feel superior to others and are lazy as fuck, that combination means they come up with ludicrous reasons why their preferences/orientations/natural features make them better than another group so they can pat themselves on the back without actually doing anything. Really though, people trying to insult somebody for wanting their fantasy game to fit their preferred fantasy, that's kind of bottom of the barrel even for that kind of shit... We're all perverts, it's like trying to pick a fight with somebody over something that means less than nothing. Funny thing is it's usually just somebody asking for a tag/warning and not to change the whole game to cater to them.

The tags aren't just for the person interested in them, it's also to allow people to avoid tags they don't like. Would be like somebody complaining about a VR game not having a spider tag in it when there are spider like creatures in the game, and somebody comes in and goes "Akshully, that's not really a spider because it doesn't follow the scientific definition of a spider...". Yeah, maybe, but if it fucks up people that don't like spiders, a warning is needed.

I don't even know about the content in this game that got the NTR tag added anyways. From what it sounds like from the messages I've read, just seems like there's not really an adequate tag to describe the situation in the game properly. Kind of potentially a mix between ntr and cheating or something. Sometimes some compromises need to be made. The NTR or cheating tag is kind of "safe" in that regard, because of the similarities to the situation presented in the game. Group sex is not an adequate warning, it's not even close from what I can tell. I'm much more on the side of "warn people that hate that kink", over "warn people who like that kink", if we have to choose one or the other because I've never in my life searched for a game by kink tags, but I certainly have avoided games with certain tags. Which do you think is more common?

There are also other ways to warn people of content with the OP other than tags to explain the content of the game better.

Last edited:

t727

Jan 4, 2018
Chapter 2: I get to the "Bridge"-town.
The bridge guards refuse to talk to me, the overseer tells me am a nasty goblin, which is true. But nothing else.
How do I trigger the quest chain?!
I posted this in march but nobody seem to know...
gacorman70 could you assist please?

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
Don't try to insult someone's kinks by bringing up/trying to connect them to real world traumas or whatever please, it's really childish.
The people who go around trying to force the NTR tag on non-NTR games are the ones that sometimes claim they're motivated by trauma. Some of them seem genuine about that, some of them are obviously lying. I sympathize with the former, I'm going to mock the shit out of the latter.

I'm fully aware of what the tags are for, including being useful for avoiding games with content you don't like or find to be a trauma trigger. You know what? I'm just going to quote what I've said elsewhere in this thread to illustrate this, and so you'll also know you're completely off-base with all your weird grandstanding about moral high horses, implying I'm just yucking others' yums, etc., when I'm the one pushing back against people trying to yuck my yums by falsely labeling them with a controversial tag:

I myself dislike NTR and, if I weren't already familiar with this game, I would have passed it by because of that tag, meaning I wouldn't have played it, let alone started supporting it on Patreon, and this is exactly why I've pushed back so hard whenever the topic of that tag has come up.
Your "spider like creatures" analogy is a false one, because consensual sharing—and something that is very loudly foreshadowed in this game from a very early point in gameplay and since the earliest publicly-available release is that the harem girls were "for the horde" and not Grolokk alone—is absolutely not cheating nor NTR in any way, shape, or form. That's not pedants going "Akshully, that's not really a spider because it doesn't follow the scientific definition of a spider...", that's people pointing out that the wolf like creatures in the game aren't spiders in any way, shape, or form. (The cheating tag at least being another arthropod in this analogy. Crabs, let's say, since that word surely hasn't any unfortunate associations with adult activities.) That some people see group sex and NTR as the same thing doesn't give them the right to force the NTR tag on a game, especially since the game already had the group sex tag, which is already adequate warning for them that this game isn't to their taste. And that the people who refuse to see a difference between consensual group sex and NTR don't ever push the less controversial cheating tag is suspicious.

A better analogy would be people insisting a game with wolf like creatures and already tagged with a wolf tag needed a spider tag. There's not a reasonable expectation that wolves could trigger the adverse reaction associated with arachnophobia the way, say, crabs might, and if somebody doesn't want to play a game with either, they can easily avoid games with either tag, so there's no need to inaccurately tag games that only have one of the two with both tags. And, as I've pointed out repeatedly, the NTR tag is a polarizing one that drives away people that probably would have played or even financially supported the game. Go read the thread for any game with that tag and it won't take long to find people loudly announcing they're skipping the game because of the alleged NTR content. So, no, it's not a "safe" tag at all.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
No not really the MC even comments on it after the guy tells him and he gets a bit mad if you look. It is NTR
No he's right. Having watched the scene now it STARTS of that way(he thinks she is just "taking one for the team"), but after Stankbreath lays it out for him (that she wanted to do it for her self) Grolokk starts acting jelly/miffed about it. It is NTR or cheating(even for a good cause) because she "wants" to do it and not be "faithful" to Grolokk. So either tag is fine.
These opinions on the scene seem a lot more reliable, glad I looked around more for some more perspective. Thanks for the warnings. Thought that other dude may have a slight point and was just being a jerk about it, but I guess he might just be straight up wrong too. Sometimes giving people the benefit of the doubt fails eh.

Reactions: Midge

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
For the record, there were/are numerous debates here about that scene and the NTR tag. I'm 100% ok with the scene and whatever tag Devs feels the need to add or not for it. NTR tag could be "miss-used" or not depending and a "sharing" tag might be a better fit . Here's a good guide.

Last edited:

gacorman70

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I posted this in march but nobody seem to know...
gacorman70 could you assist please?
Hey t727, sorry for missing your comment back in March.

So it sounds like you've already spoken to Myradonna (the overseer?). There are several individuals around town you have to speak to in order to collect clues about what's going on with the bridge. You should also have a quest called "Burning Bridges" in your quest manager with 4 objectives related o finding the clues. Please feel free to DM me for more details!

Reactions: t727

lordaran

Mar 26, 2020
hey guys!! sorry for causing a debate let's all calm down now and not flood the thread let's not get political anymore cause it will only make you guys stressed out to hrimthyrs sorry for causing a misunderstanding and thank you for pointing out what ntr means and to FruitSmoothie thank you for the support as well really appreciate it as well tbh i kind felt like an outcast with your comment hrimthyrs i somewhat felt like i was being degraded for my kink which made me feel kinda oof and an outcast in this thread lol haha but i understand that's not what you're trying to do but it just felt like with your comment i was disgusting and wrong for having those kinks but i understand that you have your own kinks that might make my kink look bad for you so sorry if my comment made you uncomfortable too i won't ask you guys to respect my kink and not question it because you have the right to do that, that's your opinion but i do appreciate that some people likes it as well and some does not yet respected my opinion i only ask that let's not fight anymore and focus on the game and support grolokk as much as possible sorry guys if i started a debate and yes i did mean ntr is having sex with another partner that's all it is thank you hrimthyrs for clarifying and sorry i don't understand what ntr means that much but for the reason with that is with what FruitSmoothie said as well that it has different sub genres i have seen the word "ntr" used in a few threads with different meanings and some it just means having sex with a different partner even multiple at once sorry guys! let's all chill now thank you!!

lordaran

Mar 26, 2020
oh and also i just said "hope there's more gangbang, threesome, Etc. scenes and like where grolokk forced her girls to do things for him" to be fair i didn't say forced gangbang scenes hehe i said gangbang, threesome, and more scenes like that and some scenes where grolokk forces her girls or i guess "tells" his girls to do something for him that's all let's calm down now sorry guys!!

Reactions: HarryFlash

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
lordaran Punctuation and capitalization would make your posts far more reader friendly. Unless post #1116 is meant to be one huge run on sentence, in which case you need an English tutor to help you brush up on the basics again.

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
Is Aya in a relationship with Grolokk or just one of his harem girls?
Just a harem girl.

Now that I think of it, there was some discussion about him "stealing" another of the harem girls from her husband, but that was more a case of the two having reached the point in the marriage that they couldn't stand each other, so when he demanded her as the quest reward it didn't take much for the husband to say "sure!"

gacorman70

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Is Aya in a relationship with Grolokk or just one of his harem girls?
Aya (and Myradonna) have the distinction of being both Harem girls, and members of the player's adventure party. So their relationship is much more fleshed out and closer then the other Harem girls. I would very much hazard to say any of them are his "girlfriends". They are more of "Adventure Companions with Benefits."

Reactions: hrimthyrs

gacorman70

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
So I know there hasn't been much in the way of updates, but that doesn't mean there hasn't been much in the way of work, so I figure I'd let you all know how development is going.

I'm working hard on the next release. I know it's been a while but rest assured there will be a handsome amount of content in the next version of Grolokk.

Among what players can expect in the new update includes

-New character artwork

-At least 7 new Ero-Scenes with around 30 image

-A completed and substantial sub-quest in the "Ruins of Kahar"

-Updated maps with completed sprite sets

-Added new Dialogue art for multiple characters

-Completed scripts and fully functional quest lines

-New Animated Assets

-A more fleshed out and interactive Harem System

-Combat based ero-events (early stage)

I still don't have a firm release date, but a rough guess looking at the dev plan shows around 70% of the planned content is complete. As we get close to a release-able product, and I enter the finishing touches/testing phase, I'll make an announcement on a release date.

rtcD

Oct 5, 2020
Are quests Infiltrate Capital or A proper Horde completeable yet? or am I done until next version?

and can you destroy the bridge with blueprints yet ?

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 45 Votes