Ren'Py Guest House [v0.2.3] [Soft Whisper Games]

3.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Do you want me to delete everything after Chapter 1 and revert the game back to a kinetic novel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Non-ya-8usnus

Aug 24, 2024
This site gets freakier and freakier because devs cant grasp that the more fetishes they include the more vanilla people just dont even bother. that's one of the reasons you should never take online comments seriously. idk man go ask a friend.

CaptDaddy24

Aug 3, 2022
This site gets freakier and freakier because devs cant grasp that the more fetishes they include the more vanilla people just dont even bother. that's one of the reasons you should never take online comments seriously. idk man go ask a friend.
The more fetish included, the more the dev has to create.....think before you speak!

Reactions: Anteron

Non-ya-8usnus

Aug 24, 2024
The more fetish included, the more the dev has to create.....think before you speak!
As if everyone is interested in every fetish. or that anyone would download a 5gb game just fr 2 instances of their perffered fetish when they can get a better game that is more exclusive.

Reactions: Anteron

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
Just a heads up... It might be a while until my next update since I want to put together something solid. I was hoping this update might attract some new patrons, but support remains quite low. It's cool seeing all the new comments, but I'm not sure the player base is growing much. The # of followers this game has is kind of leveling off and it's not getting promoted much. I'll do my best to release an entertaining update, but it may take some time. As usual, thanks for your patience.

Last edited:

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Big problem was when asked it was between 2 terrible choices - kinetic novel (not a game at all) and sandbox (in this case, not really a game, but an annoying having to click the same things over and over again.) Grind is something almost everyone hates.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2024
Someone wonders why the fan base is not growing. One of the big reasons is that this is forced camwhore crap. That cuts out a big chunk of players who could be potential payers, but they're not interested in buying shit they hate. Little things can make a big difference to the success of a game. And especially which side of the big two the dev chooses.

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
Someone wonders why the fan base is not growing. One of the big reasons is that this is forced camwhore crap. That cuts out a big chunk of players who could be potential payers, but they're not interested in buying shit they hate. Little things can make a big difference to the success of a game. And especially which side of the big two the dev chooses.
Honestly, I'm not sure there's a correlation. Pale Carnations, Badik, and HH all have actual dudes running around in their game and are top trending because they have enough renders. I'm pretty sure it has more to do with the amount of content, rather than some camgirl shaking her butt on cam. Like who cares? Hyuna's a slut you're supposed to have some weekend fun with. The rest are trad wives. Except Sujin, but she's a sexually conservative career woman you win over time.

Last edited:

tomas024

Apr 30, 2018
Just a heads up... It might be a while until my next update since I want to put together something solid. I was hoping this update might attract some new patrons, but support remains quite low. It's cool seeing all the new comments, but I'm not sure the player base is growing much. The # of followers this game has is kind of leveling off and it's not getting promoted much. I'll do my best to release an entertaining update, but it may take some time. As usual, thanks for your patience.

Please, get rid of the sandbox , rewrite the script and maybe the followers start to show, just a opinion!!

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
Please, get rid of the sandbox , rewrite the script and maybe the followers start to show, just a opinion!!
Okay, I'll humor this... It sounds like the most vocal f95 commenters are asking me to:

1) Disregard the poll and drop the sandbox. Go with a visual novel format so choices matter.
2) Cut out Jiho's edgy scene where she exposes Hyuna as a camgirl.
3) Rewrite Hyuna so she's not so wild and make her a generic games streamer, rather than a camgirl.

To be honest, that sounds like a whole lot of work that would result in about 0 extra dollars per month. Would those vocal commenters actually consider supporting my game if those changes were made? Because the Patreon is floating around $150 dollars a month and has been for the last several months. Which tells me people are waiting to see where things go, rather than properly backing the project. Now, I don't actually care so much about the dollar amount, but it's hard to watch other projects take off while Guest House is largely ignored each update.

I'm of the opinion that I'm just not able to push out enough renders each month to attract a large amount of support, but if you're saying that's not the case, then please correct me. If you're actually willing support the project should those changes go through, then tell me. Because that would require a ton of rework that I'm not convinced is going to help. This is a pirate site and I have no confidence that anyone here will do anything besides download the latest free update.

Last edited:

tomas024

Apr 30, 2018
You saw the reviews and comments about your project, its a lot to think about and a lot of work to change.
In this comunity the members express their opinion, like it or not. You have the fate of this project in your hands, to decide wich path u should follow, no one else.

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Heck, everything I patron I found here, and it would be $30/month other than ones that paused payments.

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
Okay, I'll humor this... It sounds like the most vocal f95 commenters are asking me to:

1) Disregard the poll and drop the sandbox. Go with a visual novel format so choices matter.
2) Cut out Jiho's edgy scene where she exposes Hyuna as a camgirl.
3) Rewrite Hyuna so she's not so wild and make her a generic games streamer, rather than a camgirl.

To be honest, that sounds like a whole lot of work that would result in about 0 extra dollars per month. Would those vocal commenters actually consider supporting my game if those changes were made? Because the Patreon is floating around $150 dollars a month and has been for the last several months. Which tells me people are waiting to see where things go, rather than properly backing the project. Now, I don't actually care so much about the dollar amount, but it's hard to watch other projects take off while Guest House is largely ignored each update.

I'm of the opinion that I'm just not able to push out enough renders each month to attract a large amount of support, but if you're saying that's not the case, then please correct me. If you're actually willing support the project should those changes go through, then tell me. Because that would require a ton of rework that I'm not convinced is going to help. This is a pirate site and I have no confidence that anyone here will do anything besides download the latest free update.
The game is not bad, if it was people would just let it go and stop commenting about it. But a lot of things could be improved as well. The sandbox implementation you did here does not work at all in my opinion, it just serves to make the player think there's more content that there actually is.
There's no buildup to the relationships, everything is so artificial, there's no feeling that time is passing you know? Right now it seems like once you go into freeroam, the MC gets himself a harem in 12 hours.
This could work so much better if it was a regular VN, or maybe a sandbox that was more event based, like you could go on dates, or do things inside the house that makes it seem like they are spending more time together.
Instead you're going like TALK>>> BE MY GF PLS>>>> DANCE FOR ME>>> CAN I WATCH YOU MASTURBATE >>>>> LET ME TAKE PICTURES OF YOU.

And i completely disagree on the whole render count thing. To me you can put 1000 renders a month of whatever is going on right now in the game, and i wouldn't sub.
You do what you think is best, but i think it would benefit you in the long run if you could at least work on building the relationships a bit more and make them seem more natural. And also have real events like the one where you talk to Hana and everyone goes outside and spend time together, that was nice. But after that you go back to doing the same shit, you could literally take out this entire part of the game and i wouldn't miss it, for real.

Feb 20, 2024
Pale Carnations, Badik, and HH.
Don't even dare compare your game to those three.

rather than some camgirl shaking her butt on cam. Like who cares?
Harem players care. Personally, I'm a harem player in spirit and blood, and I don't touch games where LI is camwhore shit. It shouldn't be called LI. As I said before, it ruins everything. I have no desire to touch such a game especially when you can't get that bitch out of the story. Why are you even trying to put things in a harem game that don't belong there. There are no harem "rules" made for nothing. If you don't follow them, then don't fucking make a harem game, when you drive your audience away from the game right from the start. You can always put all kinds of shit in your game if you don't want it to succeed with the harem audience. It's your own money you're losing, because harem players don't care about paying for shit they hate. No other group is as hard to please as harem players. Its a thing you can screw up in so many different ways and then a large group will march the hell out of the game and put at least the game if not you on the ignore list. If a harem game has shit they can't stand, then there are much better games on this forum for them to play. You're not the only one who steps on a mine while making a harem game and wonders what went wrong. If you still make a harem game after this, then follow the harem rules. That will get you started. As I'm sure you read them, there are a hell of a lot of things that don't belong in a harem game or it's not a harem game anymore after you put them in. Then the audience will abandon the game. Listen to the audience. At the end of the day, that's who you're making the game for.

Hyuna's a slut you're supposed to have some weekend fun with.
No harem player touches a bitch like that. It has no value in our eyes. Now she's just ruining the game by being a forced piece of shit. Even if you scream loudly that there is no NTR, and no other guys. So indirectly it's only half the population of the planet (men and some women) that the MC has to share that bitch with ie total poison to the harem player. You should learn to look at things through the eyes of a harem player, it makes it easier to understand things and what we hate or don't accept in the harem game.

Reactions: Teddy 369

jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
I completley disagree. I don't care if she does some cam work or not. If she has fun with that, let her be. If it's a nice person, then it's a nice person. It's not that she's a serial killer or something. For me she is just as welcome as anyone else.

I understand you don't like it, and that's fine, but I like to express that other people have less narrow minded views, and are a bit more liberal in the sense that they do not see showing you body to public is the same as being a whore. This girl can be a good friend and even a lover, but she's not some "thing" that people posses and only is allowed to do what fits in their world view.

In the end people can accept or reject her, but I think it's a welcome addition into the VN. It makes things a bit more spicy, and generates some inner conflict (for some people) that lives up a otherwise more dull harem route. A harem route with some conflicting things makes it way more interesting in my personal opinion.

But that's just my opinion. I only want to show there are no hard rules that are set in stone for a harem game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Commander Booty

Soft Whisper

Game Developer
Apr 9, 2023
Don't even dare compare your game to those three. No other group is as hard to please as harem players. You should learn to look at things through the eyes of a harem player, it makes it easier to understand things and what we hate or don't accept in the harem game.
Why? Those are great games and inspire a lot of my writing. You must think I'm making this game for the softest men imaginable. I'm not really targeting "harem players"... The story of Guest House is a recollection of my time abroad. It's an asian fetish game that happens to have multiple women. Some of the girls I met were sex workers. I hit up KTV bars and hung out with camgirls. Idk how else to tag this game since there aren't any men. I could hypothetically rewrite Hyuna to attract a wider audience, but I'm not confident it will help.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 11 Votes