RailAngel

Aug 28, 2019
i think i know why Windows Defender deletes the game hahahahaha
As a person that is very, very thorough and curious, I choose to die die in the beginning and the game has a sequence that opens your browser, nothing harmful, so no worries hahaha, haven't laughed that hard in months, thank you

• Red Heart
Reactions: Hikkeiru

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
opens your browser, nothing harmful,
That is also staticly typed to youtube link with the usage of unity api. That would be really weird if actually that was the case. Hmmm. I'm not sure how I would test it on my pc since my windows doesn't pick it up at all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

haven't laughed that hard in months, thank you
I'm glad you like it. Consider leaving 5 stars. It's very helpful for us devs.
Thanks for playing ❤

Xaky

Apr 27, 2017
I might sound harsh but this game is a very bad ren'Py wannabe in my opinion:
-the save/load is annoying (more click than ren'Py)
-the font size is horrible (sometimes very big and other times small when too much text at once)
-there is no rollback
-the skiping is way too fast and it's not an "hold key to skip" but a toggle that make skip too much at once (and with the no rollback it's really annoying)

Also, the angle seems really bad for too many scenes...

I'm very sad because those QoL are what makes me really enjoy point&click/VN type games but here it's too much and I can't enjoy playing the game even tho the story seems really interesting.

I tried to play once but didn't go further than the meeting with the foxgirl because I like to save before choice and try several options to see the different interaction possible depending on your choice, but I stopped because saving/loading/skiping was horrible (with no rollback possible and a fontsize that really turned me off), also was really buggy when loading...

I hope there will be some refont for that to make it easier and maybe I'll try again later...

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
Thank you for provided feedback. I would appriciate more details on those.

-the save/load is annoying (more click than ren'Py)
Can you a little expand what you mean by more click then renpy? It offers Q save Q Load as well as manual ones in options. The saves are grouped and you don't need to click through pages like in renpy. I am quite confused which part makes you feel that way.

-the font size is horrible (sometimes very big and other times small when too much text at once)
I am usually not serving much text. If you are referring to the one Fairy moment where she explains with a 'math' joke render. Then it was designed to not be really readable since I didn't really expect anyone to read it.

-there is no rollback
There is.

the skiping is way too fast and it's not an "hold key to skip" but a toggle that make skip too much at once
The skipping skips to the next choice. Instead of holding. Since if the user isn't reading the text then its probably looking for choices or sex scenes. It will also stop on town roaming mode. Holding doesn't seem to be better in this case.

Also, the angle seems really bad for too many scenes...
Can you please provide details what do you mean by angle? If you mean the render fov. Then it was adjusted in later scenes.

Thank you for critique and thank you for trying out the game ❤

Reactions: Nottthatguy5476

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
How many versions behind will the F95 (free) version be to the Patreon one?
Depends what the updates contain. Some updates may be next day hotfixes and some may have 2 weeks of event work. I will usually try to keep some gap with a story that people supporting me can have something more. Thanks for playing.

Reactions: Oasis951

Neechan-Lexi

Feb 1, 2019
Great Game so far has a huge potential, also pretty glad to see another dev answering activly here on f95! Really looking forward to this beeing finished one day! Also nice idea to link that video if people choose to proceed with the gun option at the start gave me a good chuckle. A trigger warning might still be a good idea or an option to skip the intro part since i know people who would struggle mentally after that intro just a suggestion.

The scenes in there so far a great and intersting. Haven't read through the whole topic so sorry if I am not the first to ask this but are the models from Koikatsu? Not that it would be bad if they are im just curious.

Keep going with it might one the be one of the best 3D games on here and good job so far Hikkeiru.

• Red Heart

johndoe314

Aug 10, 2017
Any advice on updating to a new version? I updated from 0.35 to 0.41, and I got crashes in the jail section, and times where it would freeze, and clicking anywhere said "Best not to visit Kanae" or something. Tried 0.42 instead, cause it literally just updated, and the player wouldn't even initialize. I'll have to restart at some point, maybe even clear out my saves directory, maybe.

Xaky

Apr 27, 2017
Can you a little expand what you mean by more click then renpy? It offers Q save Q Load as well as manual ones in options. The saves are grouped and you don't need to click through pages like in renpy. I am quite confused which part makes you feel that way.
Maybe it's me but I didn't find any shortcut, on ren'Py, I do right click, then just click on a save slot (also, I can rewrite on any save and the page system and order of the saves make it easy to find in ren'Py, I was confused by yours and can't rewrite a save).
I don't usually use Qsave/Qload cause it feels like saves that will be automatically deleted like some autosaves (I might be wrong) which I don't want.
Moreover, I just tried again and after 4-5Qsave & Qload to try different choices, nothing happened after doing the choice selection and it was stuck (the next line didn't appear as it should and I had to relaunch the game cause it was the same for every save I tried).

I am usually not serving much text. If you are referring to the one Fairy moment where she explains with a 'math' joke render. Then it was designed to not be really readable since I didn't really expect anyone to read it.
That's the problem, the font size is way too big for me and I find it unconfortable, having an option to make it normal size would be really nice.

There is.
I didn't find it then ... just tried again and except "History" which show the last lines, couldn't find any rollback (I use (left) rollback with the scroll wheel on ren'Py to go back a few line/frame for when I went too fast by mistake or want to reread/resee a line/picture instead of having to load a save which might be super far away).

The skipping skips to the next choice. Instead of holding. Since if the user isn't reading the text then its probably looking for choices or sex scenes. It will also stop on town roaming mode. Holding doesn't seem to be better in this case.
It goes with the rollback I said before, I wanna read the text and skip a bit when long explanation that I dont find interesting or when I wanna resee a scene but need to skip cause my save was from further before. I played some VN where there is a skip to previous/next choice and directly "jump" to that choice, but the skip option was still "hold to skip" to skip a few line without problem which is not possible here.

Can you please provide details what do you mean by angle? If you mean the render fov. Then it was adjusted in later scenes.
It feel like there is a lense that make the prospect really weird (feels like too much prospect) and it's unconfortable. For example, in the scene with the foxgirl giving you the contract, the room feel like 3-4m x 3-4m but the height feels like 3m on on side and 1.5m on the other side, and the forgirl.

btw, I forgot but the cursor is REALLY annoying, maybe make an option in the setting to get a normal cursor. It makes me sick to have my cursor looks like a shooting star each time I move it a bit, letting a long trail after it...

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
Great Game so far has a huge potential, also pretty glad to see another dev answering activly here on f95! Really looking forward to this beeing finished one day! Also nice idea to link that video if people choose to proceed with the gun option at the start gave me a good chuckle. A trigger warning might still be a good idea or an option to skip the intro part since i know people who would struggle mentally after that intro just a suggestion.

The scenes in there so far a great and intersting. Haven't read through the whole topic so sorry if I am not the first to ask this but are the models from Koikatsu? Not that it would be bad if they are im just curious.

Keep going with it might one the be one of the best 3D games on here and good job so far Hikkeiru.
Yes Koikatsu. Thanks you for the really nice words. I lof you ❤

Reactions: Neechan-Lexi

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
Any advice on updating to a new version? I updated from 0.35 to 0.41, and I got crashes in the jail section, and times where it would freeze, and clicking anywhere said "Best not to visit Kanae" or something. Tried 0.42 instead, cause it literally just updated, and the player wouldn't even initialize. I'll have to restart at some point, maybe even clear out my saves directory, maybe.
When updating. Never overwrite.(I never tested this but I heard people having problems when ther overwrite) The saves aren't in the installation directory therefore can just delete previous folder. If you have specific problem please report it on discord. I investigate every problem request there.

Hikkeiru

Game Developer
Sep 20, 2022
How much content is in the game rn? (0.42)
Doesn't yet have gameplay. Depends how fast you read 30 to 1h. There is roaming/sandbox part implemented. Currently working on other girls to be part of it/open dialogue structure. 4 h scenes.

Yawa

Jun 13, 2017
Characters in KK should always visually close their eyes fully when you closing their eyes in Studio, the fox, for example, doesn't do that - either change the corners of their eyes too less extreme values or use blendshapes to manually close their eyes. If you use screenshots, double check for oddities like that.

4.00 star(s) 22 Votes