bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
Wait did I miss something? I went to a truth and dare game and when they run out of alcohol it was over? That was not even 5 minutes. Normally these releases are more content. Did I miss something?

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
Wait did I miss something? I went to a truth and dare game and when they run out of alcohol it was over? That was not even 5 minutes. Normally these releases are more content. Did I miss something?
3 months for so little content and yet so many renders are used over and over, just renumbered to bulk the content size.
personally i'm starting to think the dev has lost interest and is subconsciously pulling back before abandoning.

i'm of a mind that each and every update from a developer, looking to succeed in this now harsh and over-populated environment, really needs to have enough to sink your teeth into and not just deliver bite size. it just looks negative as the feed clearly indicates.

sure some devs have low end pc's and use dazd as opposed to others like HS which have no rendering time, but this is a supporters feeding site now for patreon and perception is everything.

just like you and many others, i have been enjoying the project. nothing new here as the story and plot are par for the course, same with renders, but with now dialogue seeming shorter too, i do get a sense that this one will end soon.

i think a major issue for this dev is they have less time than they thought they would have to develop, which i suspect for quite a few developers, is a common issue. without a decent pc to power through the rendering process, with time it would become a daunting challenge for many of us.

don't get me wrong as i'm neither defending nor attacking the dev, just sharing a few thoughts as i did the same double take you did when it ended so quickly. i barely had time to get my spare hand numb :LOL: ;)

Reactions: Frank Chateau

consumptionist

Donor
Aug 7, 2019
I am the one rendering all this and there is nothing reused or renumbered
stuff does look quite similar at times, agreed
i was unaware this was a multi-dev project. honestly, that makes the lack of content in updates seem worse

you must have a better eye than i, which is why i don't develop or have artistic talent as some looked identical to me in that image folder ;)
i will agree to disagree and stand by my original opinion, right or wrong as i just cannot make your words match what i have seen. sorry

Reactions: Hyperserver

PandaPenguin

fuzzy miscreant
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2016
i was unaware this was a multi-dev project. honestly, that makes the lack of content in updates seem worse

you must have a better eye than i, which is why i don't develop or have artistic talent as some looked identical to me in that image folder ;)
i will agree to disagree and stand by my original opinion, right or wrong as i just cannot make your words match what i have seen. sorry
my part is only rendering what Quonix creates, you could call it hardware muscle support
it is still very much just a solo dev project since he does all the rest, coding, writing and creating everything you see

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
my part is only rendering what Quonix creates, you could call it hardware muscle support
it is still very much just a solo dev project since he does all the rest, coding, writing and creating everything you see
Question: was there a change in the picture quality? Some renders looked like they got to much compressed or something like that.

PandaPenguin

fuzzy miscreant
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2016
Question: was there a change in the picture quality? Some renders looked like they got to much compressed or something like that.
I don't control what he does with the 4k resolution renders I deliver but iirc there was a change from PNG to WEBP in the Renpy builds at some point

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I don't control what he does with the 4k resolution renders I deliver but iirc there was a change from PNG to WEBP in the Renpy builds at some point
Thanks. I checked, seems the change from png to webp was already some time ago according the file names of the pics. But I actually noticed this high compression "issues" only in this update. But maybe it's because of the night scene.

namelessone22

Oct 4, 2018
Hey.
Installed v0.18, opened & ran fine.
Installed v0.18 Mod, opened & got this: (game won't start)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

-Have used previous Mod ver wth prev Game ver - don't remember getting this problem
* Any idea what step I've missed/fuckedup :rolleyes:

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
Hey.
Installed v0.18, opened & ran fine.
Installed v0.18 Mod, opened & got this: (game won't start)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

-Have used previous Mod ver wth prev Game ver - don't remember getting this problem
* Any idea what step I've missed/fuckedup :rolleyes:
see - even a mod refuses to start this crap :)ROFLMAO:) - because this update is not worth the time at all XD

3.40 star(s) 116 Votes