ByteHog Prime

Gunpowder Cocktail
Game Developer
Feb 12, 2022
I know there's already a lot of pessimism on this site, so I hate to add to it, but...

I feel like the developer is already setting himself up for the trap that almost every other adult game dev falls into: too many characters, too much sidetracking, and too much fixation on the 'gameplay' aspect of a VN:

- He's introduced four new characters this past week in addition to the six that he already has (none of whom have any substantial content or story progression yet). Is it really possible to complete ten character stories within a reasonable time span of project development? Be realistic.
- He spent weeks of render time making a holiday episode that is non-canon instead of working on the main game, and now has ideas for "even better" side stories. The main plot hasn't advanced since we met the mafia boss at the beginning of the game.
- He's going to go back and 're-vitalize' the sandbox gameplay, 're-make' past renders so that they're better, and change the look of a character.

Here's a radical idea for devs: take a few characters, a simple but interesting story, and keep moving forward until you finish the fucking game. Every ounce of time should be spent driving towards the finish line. Don't stop, slow down, or detour for anything other than bug fixes. Don't go chasing after every new story idea or game feature that pops into your head. Start small, stay small, and finish small. Don't go trying to create your glorious magnum opus when you don't even have one completed project under your belt.

/rant
Well, hello buddy. I think you got bored with the developers who do what you write here and wanted to take it out on here. Because I have explained many times about what you have written here(and most of them already mean the same thing you say).

It's also clear that you don't follow most of the status updates(those not yet shared here) and only write with what you hear around because there are things missing and wrong in what you have written.

- He's introduced four new characters this past week in addition to the six that he already has. Is it really possible to complete ten character stories within a reasonable time span of project development? Be realistic.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, I've stated a couple of times that the priority will always be on the 3 main characters(and maybe we can add Clarice to the list). Don't expect a lot of content to be dedicated to each character available in the game. I'm not going to give equal space to every character. If the character isn't interesting enough and doesn't contribute to the story, I don't make his/her content large. For example, Lisa. Someone had to stand at the reception desk, right? That's why I put her in. Don't expect huge content or a deep storyline around her.

Again, I'm not the type of developer who delays the content of the main characters by adding unnecessary, empty side characters. Period.

- He spent weeks of render time making a holiday episode that is non-canon instead of working on the main game, and now has ideas for "even better" side stories. The main plot hasn't advanced since we met the mafia boss at the beginning of the game.

Well, as I wrote in the status update which also shared here... oh wait, let me copy and paste it here. I think that should be clear enough,

"I've even better plans for side stories in the future. But for now, let's stay on the main game and move it forward"

So, I'm not doing it until the main game has enough content.

- He's going to go back and 're-vitalize' the sandbox gameplay, 're-make' past renders so that they're better, and change the look of a character.
The only reason I'm doing this is because people don't find the sandbox "alive" enough. So I'm doing it because of your requests. Apparently I get criticized when I do it too :)

Again, since you don't know because you didn't read the latest status update, I already finished all of these tasks and the re-make renders were just details like camera focus and lighting. It only took me a day. Also, I shelved the idea of changing the look of Selina's ex-boyfriend and stated that I won't do it.

So... I know you're tired of games and devs that make you wait unnecessarily and lower your mood with this kind of stuff but please don't comment without having enough information man. Then people get wrong ideas about the game and about me. Thanks.

Last edited:

amin2020

Dec 10, 2020
Well, hello buddy. I think you got bored with the developers who do what you write here and wanted to take it out on here. Because I have explained many times about what you have written here(and most of them already mean the same thing you say).

It's also clear that you don't follow most of the status updates(those not yet shared here) and only write with what you hear around because there are things missing and wrong in what you have written.

Also, I've stated a couple of times that the priority will always be on the 3 main characters(and maybe we can add Clarice to the list). Don't expect a lot of content to be dedicated to each character available in the game. I'm not going to give equal space to every character. If the character isn't interesting enough and doesn't contribute to the story, I don't make his/her content large. For example, Lisa. Someone had to stand at the reception desk, right? That's why I put her in. Don't expect huge content or a deep storyline around her.

Again, I'm not the type of developer who delays the content of the main characters by adding unnecessary, empty side characters. Period.

Well, as I wrote in the status update which also shared here... oh wait, let me copy and paste it here. I think that should be clear enough,

"I've even better plans for side stories in the future. But for now, let's stay on the main game and move it forward"

The only reason I'm doing this is because people don't find the sandbox "alive" enough. So I'm doing it because of your requests. Apparently I get criticized when I do it too :)

Again, since you don't know because you didn't read the latest status update, I already finished all of these tasks and the re-make renders were just details like camera focus and lighting. It only took me a day. Also, I shelved the idea of changing the look of Selina's ex-boyfriend and stated that I won't do it.

So... I know you're tired of games and devs that make you wait unnecessarily and lower your mood with this kind of stuff but please don't comment without having enough information man. Then people get wrong ideas about the game and about me. Thanks.
I love this game. I can't wait for the game update. Good luck

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

This is the game's main character ...

c.jpg

And oh what character arcs it has. It goes up and to the side and then down and all around :whistle:
Wish my literature instructors taught us about these character arcs instead of stupid hero's journey :cautious:

Jun 27, 2022
This is the game's main character ...

View attachment 2281794

And oh what character arcs it has. It goes up and to the side and then down and all around :whistle:
Wish my literature instructors taught us about these character arcs instead of stupid hero's journey :cautious:
Sry for asking but I need to know something not necessarily. U can skip it or answer it doesn't matter. Matter is the question. Are u a male or a female or a sage or an alien? Do u like male parts? Or female parts or both parts?
Plz let us know.

• Haha
Reactions: Kellermann

darlic

Feb 27, 2017
I know there's already a lot of pessimism on this site, so I hate to add to it, but...

I feel like the developer is already setting himself up for the trap that almost every other adult game dev falls into: too many characters, too much sidetracking, and too much fixation on the 'gameplay' aspect of a VN:

- He's introduced four new characters this past week in addition to the six that he already has (none of whom have any substantial content or story progression yet). Is it really possible to complete ten character stories within a reasonable time span of project development? Be realistic.

Here's a radical idea for devs: take a few characters, a simple but interesting story, and keep moving forward until you finish the fucking game. Every ounce of time should be spent driving towards the finish line. Don't stop, slow down, or detour for anything other than bug fixes. Don't go chasing after every new story idea or game feature that pops into your head. Start small, stay small, and finish small. Don't go trying to create your glorious magnum opus when you don't even have one completed project under your belt.

/rant
I'm happy how the dev stated all that is discussed in this post lacks any foundation, however I would also love to see this post pinned on the forum's home page. There's so much truth in your words, any wannabe dev should read it before even thinking about making a game.

Pmaria

Mar 30, 2022

/rant

Good to know you didn't wanted to add in the overall negativity ... you started at 5°C and you finished at 146°C...

Here is another radical idea on the "finish the game" approach, whenever a dev want's to remake his game he can add a car chash, kill all the caracters so that the game is finished...

but in an alternative universe the story is a bit different... and there the dev can start over and correct everything, improve the models, the story, his work etc

happ?

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
solid game. is there more planned? i think the halloween update was a hot idea but turned out to be blueballing simulator :D

is there more ntr stuff planned or more stuff focused on mc?

omarsayed

Jan 16, 2018
Maybe someone can share the reviews, please ??

I love the game overall especially the NTR with the old man or the boss...and thinking about supporting it if the next update has some of it.

I rly wanna jump in but this is one of the few games here where nothing is being shared at all is kinda scaring me lol.

3.70 star(s) 48 Votes