chrono1337

Aug 30, 2017
there's a lack of character progression that is getting more obvious over time
the girls accept that MC is the leader, and might have a single emotional event with him
but then slip into a completely static FWB relationship

for example, there was one scene where Yuki called MC 'Master,' and then this was never mentioned again
Scarlet and Sarah are favorites (probably) but I still don't know if they want to be girlfriends, wives, part of harem? There's almost no story there beyond new sex acts.
Leah, Nadia, Hazel, Sonya, Daisy, Jeanne, etc are not as interesting, but I'd still like to clearly know if they are serious about MC or just playing along with the BDSM for giggles. (Which only really makes sense for Hazel, who called herself a wingman from the beginning)
Zero already appears to be sidelined with her computer room, even though it was clear she was being positioned as a main interest for a while there.
Lyra is another very cute character, but I'm worried the same thing will happen to her.
that is what happens to 90% of these games that try to have so many love interests. most of em become background characters with no real development after their initial involvement with the plot. I really think 5 girls at most is best for one of these type games, that is if you want actually developed characters with relevance throughout the story.

Tirgrimm

Feb 16, 2021
I wonder what kind of drugs the dev decided to take to come up with "and now we'll make a fake dream sequence sub-sub plot that has the same characters but with different looks, different personalities that are the opposite of what it was previously displayed and ofc with maybe a sex scene per character"
Probably just a way to milk the cash cow a bit more by adding a new substory to drag things out

LinkBox88

Feb 22, 2020
God do I hate the recurring and by now exhaustively re-used trope of re-habilitating/converting/adopting your ennemies. It's not very satisfying having you spend all that time making our opponents whiny, arrogant assholes and then them having a tiny bit of personal growth all of a sudden that just adds them to my harem. I want karmic justice, not ''you were a jerk but I won so all is forgiven''. It kind of worked for Sarah, it wasn't as good for Jeanne and Zero, and I'm positively dreading it for Nyx and Jasmine. You've made me hate them, now take responsibility for what you've done and give me satisfaction.

It's too much of a shonen/kids show mechanic to make friends with your enemies. For a culture that practices corporal sexual punishment to our own citizens for what can be minor offenses, it's odd we somehow don't treat being a spy trying to destroy our island any more harshly than that. We should have a harder edge!

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
God do I hate the recurring and by now exhaustively re-used trope of re-habilitating/converting/adopting your ennemies. It's not very satisfying having you spend all that time making our opponents whiny, arrogant assholes and then them having a tiny bit of personal growth all of a sudden that just adds them to my harem. I want karmic justice, not ''you were a jerk but I won so all is forgiven''. It kind of worked for Sarah, it wasn't as good for Jeanne and Zero, and I'm positively dreading it for Nyx and Jasmine. You've made me hate them, now take responsibility for what you've done and give me satisfaction.

It's too much of a shonen/kids show mechanic to make friends with your enemies. For a culture that practices corporal sexual punishment to our own citizens for what can be minor offenses, it's odd we somehow don't treat being a spy trying to destroy our island any more harshly than that. We should have a harder edge!
So ... butt stuff?

Moto_Tsume

May 19, 2022
Well i do hope that we will not end up with even more people in the harem but the creator knows very well what he is doing with his story. It always escalates.
I believe that when you are going up against an opponent as the Organization then you have to go subtle and big at the same time. The fact that there are gods envoled makes it even more subtle/bigger. The Organazation part of the game seems to take up space but it does progerss the plot you learn things and see things frome their perspective.
Yes there are too many faces in there and that makes the game/story drag on. At the same time part of the whole bdsm theme is submission. You make your enemies submmit to you.
A problem that i find with the "story" is that the characters are getting irresponsible with the safety of the island, the MC and Lia in particular.
The "Matrix" plot line will be interesting if only to see those different versions of the people around the MC. It can be a taste were Lethes' control of the matrix collapses or it can be longer. However how would you feel if the MC just up and spanked an actual hostile goddess and resolved the situation ?
Lasty i feel that it is wrong to accuse Mr Hachigames of milking the game. He is consistant and he does provide a story and lewd content, he isn't stalling and if you find parts that seem to not be relevant to the main plot, they end up expading the various arcs e.g. the scavanger hunts or christmash stories, were we see more of the culture and happenings on the island, understand why they love it so much, the results of their isolation and personal arcs being resolved like Alice's and Yuki's rivalry.

Speaking of Alice i will state my beef/problem with the story : We have yet to see a sexual interaction with alice and scarlet (2 best girls) !!!

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
Pretty much!

You put it so much more succinctly than I ever could!
But on a more serious note, I do get the shonen-vibe shit. He definitely has some weeb sensibilities that show up a lot in his writing. One character is even a literal weeb. But it's not all bad.

I usually steer clear of that shit but Hail Dicktator has its own special charm. I'm a sucker for these kinds of sandbox games. It's like it brings back the feeling of games that were really popping off when I first started playing AVNs. The dev knows not to write a purely, story-driven VN.

Most of those kinds of VNs, with that kind of writing just are terrible. Like they were written by some kid who has never read any kind of book in the wild, doesn't have life experience, and whose only interactions are usually anime forums or some shit. Literally the last kind of person on Earth who has any business writing a story-driven VN with no interesting mechanics.

And off the top of my head, there's really only one story-driven VN that's kind of weeby that I really like and is pretty popular. (Don't ask, check my sig.) Although, to be fair it's not that obvious. It's just got that kind of vibe.

Point is, I enjoy Hail Dicktator for what it is. It wouldn't hold up well on writing alone when compared to serious writers but it's in its own category as far as I'm concerned. Although, with that being said it'd be nice to have more quality time with Jeanne and other characters I like instead of adding more.

hilloryarroy

Aug 27, 2022
hey, can i get save files of this game, i lost all the saved files stored in C drive of windows while migrating to new pc. I played till version 0.54.1

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
hey, can i get save files of this game, i lost all the saved files stored in C drive of windows while migrating to new pc. I played till version 0.54.1
there are various saves posted to thread, some even closer to your point. searching helps.

Reactions: hilloryarroy

Huskiv

Jul 18, 2024
Hi I need help with the quest for revenge on hazel it's telling me to go and talk to Hazel's mom but Idk where she is

sultan21king

Feb 6, 2021
Hi is there any compressed version or even an update only version
Wasted 3gb data because the download got stuck and then got canceled
Please help

4.30 star(s) 207 Votes